onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Goalscorer

RichG

A lot of the new players are going to need time. Saleiro definitely has something about him but fitness and being used to the English game could be an issue for a while.

I watched Carlos on Sunday and to be honest, I thought he looked like a journeyman going through the motions. I hope I'm wrong and that it was just a fitness issue.

Advert

It's only about a week ago that Norman said on Twitter that Saleiro "Should be the goal scoring star of Lg1". Why do we need another one?

He said the same thing on Tuesday night about Cicelia, but then said we needed a proven goalscorer. This is not a dig at Smurf, I'm just confused that's all.

He said the same thing on Tuesday night about Cicelia, but then said we needed a proven goalscorer. This is not a dig at Smurf, I'm just confused that's all.

I'd imagine he's trying to put confidence in the players. Far better to be positive.

The more goal scorers the merrier. I remember the time we got Andy Jones back on loan when we had Futcher and Beckford along with a goal scoring superstar midfielder who had a sensational perm ;)

I'd imagine he's trying to put confidence in the players. Far better to be positive.

The more goal scorers the merrier. I remember the time we got Andy Jones back on loan when we had Futcher and Beckford along with a goal scoring superstar midfielder who had a sensational perm ;)

You may well be right, but how much confidence does it instill in a player when the chairman is saying he will get plenty of goals but we still need a proven goalscorer?

And the superstar midfielder with a sensational perm is who got me supporting the Vale in the first place as his Mum worked with my Dad and got me signed stuff and even the odd tickets for a game. :)

You may well be right, but how much confidence does it instill in a player when the chairman is saying he will get plenty of goals but we still need a proven goalscorer?

And the superstar midfielder with a sensational perm is who got me supporting the Vale in the first place as his Mum worked with my Dad and got me signed stuff and even the odd tickets for a game. :)

Don't me tion tickets to Robbie Earle....

Who knows how the season is going to pan out last year AJ didn't get in the side properly till October and he finished top scorer!!

AJ had had 3 seasons in Lge 1 and similar in lge 2 and had scored goals, although not many, before he came to the Vale so it could be reasoned he'd cut his teeth and Vale picked him up at a good time.

My worry is who is going to create the goals as I can't see Mbamba,Kelly or Jerome Thomas doing the job. All they seem to do is play the ball back to midfield and can't get past the fullback giving the opposition chance to park the bus. I would play 4 4 2 with Hooper and Ceceliana up front.

Or it could be reasoned that this post is clutching at straws?

The experience and numbers in my post are fact and Vale did pick him up at a good time as the number of goals he scored at Vale proves. Your blind optimism is clutching at straws at its very best.

My worry is who is going to create the goals as I can't see Mbamba,Kelly or Jerome Thomas doing the job. All they seem to do is play the ball back to midfield and can't get past the fullback giving the opposition chance to park the bus. I would play 4 4 2 with Hooper and Ceceliana up front.

That is why I'm disappointed we haven't signed Loza. He can play up front or on the wing and I thought we looked a lot livelier on Saturday when he came on in the second half.

Archived