onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke Coverage

Advert

Surprised no one has mentioned this but Lee Blakemen announced last night, that Vale and Crewe are swapping channels.

From the Bradford game onwards, Stoke will be on FM and Freeview, Vale will now be on dab and Crewe on MW.

Presume when Stoke arn't playing then Vale will prob be on FM and dab.

Nobody has mentioned it because its 2016 and most households and cars have this and if not it really doesnt cost much to get with the times.

Nobody has mentioned it because its 2016 and most households and cars have this and if not it really doesnt cost much to get with the times.

I don't have an old car and it doesn't have Dab. I bought a portable radio with MW specifically to listen to the football. I agree that in the long term (or not so long term) it is a better option for us, but if someone hadn't mentioned it, I would have not been able to follow the match against Bradford.

If you don't already own a DAB then I recommend going out and buying one. The portable ones aren't expensive at the big supermarkets and you can also listen to TMS clear as day without being interrupted by the Shipping Forecast.

I bought mine years ago to listen to 6 Music.

What I want to know is why they cant broadcast from the website???? some guff about broadcasting rights!!! whats the problem if you are in Dubai and you want to listen to Vale on the internet!!!

Because they want anyone outside the broadcasting area of Radio Stoke - like mesen - to sign up to Valiant Player. Massively frustrating, I know.

Because they want anyone outside the broadcasting area of Radio Stoke - like mesen - to sign up to Valiant Player. Massively frustrating, I know.

Exactly, that's nothing to do with either Radio Stoke or the Vale. The rights for broadcasting in the local area has been awarded to Radio Stoke. They are not streaming commentary on the Internet because anyone (like me) could listen to them from anywhere if they were and Radio Stoke don't have the rights for that.

So, the FLI (Football League Interactive) the arm that looks after all the FL clubs rights en masse looks after the other rights and to listen from outside of the area you will need to sign up for a Valiant Player account.

I would add that it is vastly improved from its earlier days. I can't remember the last time it didn't work and you can get an app to listen on your smart phone which is pretty useful.

I can't get to midweek Vale games as I finish work too late so I also like to think that some of the money for my subscription helps compensate for the loss of match ticket revenue those nights.

In which case why not move Stokes coverage (with the biggest audience) over?

In which case why not move Stokes coverage (with the biggest audience) over?

I suspect it's not just audience, I suspect it's a mixture of availability and signal quality/sound quality.

I would imagine Stoke gets FM as it's good quality and most widely available (thus suitable for the most well supported team). Vale get DAB as it is good quality but not as widespread as FM. Wheras MW tends to be poor sound/signal quality so it has been given to the lower ranked (and supported) team.

Archived