onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinel v Smurf

Eddie Hitler

Advert

We've discussed this before.

The Sentinel provides the Vale with the best free paper media reporting, commentary and publicity, day in day out - and it's silly not to try and engender a positive relationship with it. It's a very useful PR vehicle and is read by many (if not everyone on here).

NS needs to think of the bigger picture as the ball is in his court. Sort it out before the season starts as a lot of folk pick up Vale news from the paper and its website, and it's providing the Club with some completely free publicity, especially at weekends and on Mondays after Saturday's game.

I don't know of any other football league club in the whole 92 who have banned their local paper. They realise the importance of the bigger picture and the invaluable work it does to support the club.

It might or might not have acted out of order but NS has the power to rise above it and get it sorted amicably before the big kick-off.

You know it makes sense.

What did they do?

About what??

So reveal what they said in their lies.

Please go into more detail, James.

What lies?

What lies?... are these the lies rep was talking about?

What was the lie?

Certain people seem very keen on constantly squealing that The Sentinel told lies but appear to be completely incapable of actually explaining what these supposed lies were.

As an aside, I had a meeting with the community department of a well known (non-league) football club yesterday and when I mentioned who I supported, the person I was meeting with said 'oh, I've heard all about your chairman' and actually started laughing. It's guff like this banning of the local press (and the resulting article in The Observer last time this happened) that can really show the club up. I repeat, Norman has done many many good things for the club but when he puts his foot in it, he doesn't do it by half.

As an aside, I had a meeting with the community department of a well known (non-league) football club yesterday and when I mentioned who I supported, the person I was meeting with said 'oh, I've heard all about your chairman' and actually started laughing. It's guff like this banning of the local press (and the resulting article in The Observer last time this happened) that can really show the club up. I repeat, Norman has done many many good things for the club but when he puts his foot in it, he doesn't do it by half.

I've heard the same from a couple of directors of a club in our league, in slightly blunter language.

2013 Sentinel banned for reporting fan's had not received replicate shirts. Let me see, they hadn't. #Shirtwait. Next

I was just informing sage that is has happened at bigger clubs than us if you read the whole article. Forest, Newcastle amongst others. Obviously you didn't read it. Never mind.

Archived