onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf lays down the law

Mario

Advert

I'm excited and positive for the new season, not sure there's much wrong with that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing at all as long as it is based on a degree of realism rather than blind hope.

Smurf's inability to deal with the poor result at Exeter should send alarm signals to everyone. I recall that even under John Rudge Vale produced a really poor performance at Scarborough- it happens.

Then again Rudge would never have wished to work for Smurf and would have left as soon as possible- like Rob Page.

At least Bruno is being given a bit longer than the end of September. Folk say Smurthwaite has changed, he hasn't, he is doing the exact same things again that he did to Page. Why not sit back and see how it pans out if he truly believes in his vision? One thing is for sure, chopping and changing managers has never worked.

Leitch-Smith, Moore, Neal and McGivern are all in League One as well as Dodds.

Neal was leaving anyway and had been long replaced by Alynwick. McGivern was never a star and was never missed. Had completely forgotten about Leitch-Smith. Moore spent most of the time on the bench.

We all moaned at last seasons retained list, we finished mid table.... We've had a clear out and because we've not signed, Messi, Ronaldo or Bale people still moan like mad, I'm sure if we had of signed some massive players... Some would still be moaning. The man can't win and probably never will with some of you lot... Perpetual moaners I'd say.

He's investing his money, he's knows what other clubs spend and therefore, he's probably investing what he's sees as a top 6 budget by way of comparison. What's wrong with what he's said? Do we want him to come out and say mid table is ok?!?! No we don't!

We all want to be challenging for the top 6 and if that's what he's investing in money in then the manager should feel the pressure... You'd hardly expect him to expect him and the manager say to us we are in it to avoid relegation... would we?

Top 6 it is, all top jobs come with pressure and therefore Bruno's is no different. Let's get behind the club and buy your season tickets - this is going to be a good one I can feel it, the signings of yesterday showed that and these comments from smuf say the same....

Up the vale!

Seems like the man can't win we wanted a clear out we got one, better players coming in we shall see in the coming two weeks when we play championship teams wether it has worked

If we are not in top six by Christmas what do suppose his Plan B is ?

If we are not in the top six and he doesnt have a Plan B do you think he will regret handing out all the 2 year contracts ?

At times Smurthwaite does talk some right old rollocks ... sadly all clubs do lose to smaller teams in the cup, that's the way it works on the day and what makes football interesting. But fair play to the guy he has invested a fair amount of his own dosh in the club and nobody has ever done that before, certainly not to the same extent. I have no idea if it will work, but at least he makes things interesting. Maybe we'll go down or maybe we'll get promoted, but at least we'll see something different. Its never dull!

He was panicking about having to give us the promised refund if season ticket sales reached 3000. Arkwright would be proud.

Why would you panic if you made £210k (600 x 350) from another 600 ST sales even if you had to give £75k (3000 x 25) back? No brainer to me!!!

Im not sure smurf has quite got a grasp of football yet.

Bigger teams [better financed] lose in the cup, thats what makes it interesting.

Because you have spent more on players that your opponents doesnt mean you will win.

If he selected and signed the players is plan B to let the manager have a go?

Again... cost of everything value of nothing.

Its not about where we are at Xmas..... more about where we are at the end of the season and how we got there

Its not a negative, its all pretty new and exciting possibilities, happened a little late and with to much confusion to affect ST sales much but if its works out the PotD receipts shold boost the cash flow considerably.

Good luck to them all.

Nothing at all as long as it is based on a degree of realism rather than blind hope.

Smurf's inability to deal with the poor result at Exeter should send alarm signals to everyone. I recall that even under John Rudge Vale produced a really poor performance at Scarborough- it happens.

Then again Rudge would never have wished to work for Smurf and would have left as soon as possible- like Rob Page.

And yet he worked for Billy Bell :laugh:

Archived