onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

His biggest problem is obviously his injury record, and the fact that he seems to spend little game time where he's actually 100% fit over any sort of lengthy period. Going on ability alone he would get into most teams.

He made is League debut about 8 years ago and since then he's made just over a hundred league starts. 56 starts in the league in three and a half seasons at Liverpool. There are large chunks of each season when I'm as effective up front for Liverpool as Sturridge.

Advert

It must be a pain to the admins to keep threads on topic, but they do, and from time to time we are gently and politely reminded to get back to topic.

Would it be a good idea if there were a different thread for detailed Liverpool related discussions as they seem to be taking up 90 per cent of this one, and most of the posts come from the same few sources.

I'm not anti-Liverpool any more than half a dozen other clubs and predicted not long ago in this thread they would finish third, but would enjoy reading about the Prem and its other clubs.

Obviously the Reds should get mentions on here, but the detailed analysis of their players, formations and transfers belongs elsewhere.

This has gone on all through last season too, and is really spoiling what should be a good thread.

Before anyone suggests it though, I would prefer not to put any specific posters on ignore, as I have no problem with what is said by them about other clubs especially Vale where I usually agree, so that would not work or be sensible.

It must be a pain to the admins to keep threads on topic, but they do, and from time to time we are gently and politely reminded to get back to topic.

Would it be a good idea if there were a different thread for detailed Liverpool related discussions as they seem to be taking up 90 per cent of this one, and most of the posts come from the same few sources.

I'm not anti-Liverpool any more than half a dozen other clubs and predicted not long ago in this thread they would finish third, but would enjoy reading about the Prem and its other clubs.

Obviously the Reds should get mentions on here, but the detailed analysis of their players, formations and transfers belongs elsewhere.

This has gone on all through last season too, and is really spoiling what should be a good thread.

Before anyone suggests it though, I would prefer not to put any specific posters on ignore, as I have no problem with what is said by them about other clubs especially Vale where I usually agree, so that would not work or be sensible.

Tricky one David.

We did suggest to Beechy he might like to do just that but, and in my opinion, he was right to reject the offer saying Liverpool is a PL club ergo here's where it should be discussed :smile:

For me Sturbridge fancies himself too much and is too inconsistent to be a truly top striker. When he's good he is very good but not often enough

I have seen Sturridge play live a few times. You need about 5 minutes to understand he is a world class talent. But if you play for a side that can't defend what happens is yesterday. Opposition scores and parks the bus and then it is really hard even for a Messi level player to do much - unless like Barcelona you have three world class players up front. Liverpool's defence, specifically the left back, cost them the UEFA cup final after Sturridge gave them the lead with as good a goal as you'll see.

Tricky one David.

We did suggest to Beechy he might like to do just that but, and in my opinion, he was right to reject the offer saying Liverpool is a PL club ergo here's where it should be discussed :smile:

Fair enough. I'm not in favour of naming individual posters in this context, and have not been pleased when my name has suddenly appeared in a thread where I have not been involved.

I just feel this thread would be more worthy if it included topical stuff about any one club but not the interminable mind-numbing detail of general formations and suchlike that do not relate to any single match.

However, no small group of posters or even any individual owns 'Liverpool' and when people post anything critical about their results or performances, it shouldn't be seen that way.

I was pleased for Burnley yesterday, but if any poster thinks that is because of them then they are way, way overestimating their own importance - I'm always pleased when West Ham lose for instance, and Rangers and Brazil internationally, though I know or know of no individuals that support those teams/countries.

Even something like Mr H's snigger earlier inn the thread which in my opinion, seemed to prompt a post from Rob - surely someone can enjoy a goal being scored without being threatened from above.

After all, we don't see Tunstall Potter or the other few Stokies saying the same if someone posts that Stoke have conceded a goal, or someone posts flowing Stoke losing to a smaller team in a Cup.

Of course, it could be that a detailed Liverpool thread would not get much attention, and maybe that is a contributing issue.

Just to keep you happy, D@P, I'll mention two other Prem teams. I watched the El Trampico derby this afternoon. How come Moyes was so good at Everton and seems to have been poo everywhere else?

Moyes needs time that he doesn't seem to be getting anywhere else.

In his first season with Everton, the club finished 17th with its lowest points total.

Just to keep you happy, D@P, I'll mention two other Prem teams. I watched the El Trampico derby this afternoon. How come Moyes was so good at Everton and seems to have been poo everywhere else?

Thank you for that kind thought Jacko. My guess is that he has still not really recovered from the massive battering his confidence took at United, where he did not have a chance from the start.

Van Gaal was given much more leeway, and I would compare it to the reception Jim Gannon got at Vale, although Gannon went on to add to his own woes with cranky ideas - but I remember there were posters on here saying he was rubbish one day after appointment.

The fact that they were proved mostly correct does not take away from the fact that they could not have known at that point.

That is digressing though, I still think Moyes could be a successful manager again, but the way of the football world in not giving anyone time anywhere makes it more difficult for him.

We all know the old chestnuts about how Sir A F would have been sacked after a year or so in todays climate of opinion when he first went to OT, and how Rudgie would probably been hounded out had this forum existed just before we played Spurs when we went a dozen or so games without a win and looked woeful.

I will predict that once the shine of promotion has worn off, Sunderland will finish above Middlesboro this season, provided they do not make any rash decisions or sackings. I also think those writing off Newcastle after 2 results are very silly , they will get promoted with some ease along with Derby.

I do with Arsenal, and i cant wait for the Premier League to start next week. :wink:

Did you mean the Champions league ? Remind me who is in it again, I always have trouble even more so with who is in the other one, the Europa thing.

Always good to hear a bit more about a flair club like Arsenal though.

Did you mean the Champions league ? Remind me who is in it again, I always have trouble even more so with who is in the other one, the Europa thing.

Always good to hear a bit more about a flair club like Arsenal though.

Flair? Jesus.

It's Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal & City in the CL

Flair? Jesus.

It's Leicester, Spurs, Arsenal & City in the CL

I could sling bits in about Leicester to give a wider view of Prem clubs, I saw them play a few time in the 70s, but like the Vale they always sold their stars like Banks etc, so could not compete with the Vale in my football affections. Since then I only went when the Vale played there, waiting for a proper visit to King Power but did see a Vale youth cup match there once a few years back. The locals are very happy, still with broad grins, FA cup and trips abroad anticipated. Found the game on TV yesterday a bit boring, Clatter never seems to favour the Foxes with pens, but Leicester have not gelled since the loss of Kante, but a few players brought in mainly for cover with the extra games should help.

Archived