onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Advert

Burnley managed to win with just 19% possession,must be a record?

I think that stat shows that they must be playing clever, intuitive and intelligent football -using their time on the ball well, and that figure is a big complement to Burnley.

Somewhat concerning for their opponents though, as it suggests a 'headless chicken' style of play, lack of composure and bad management of resources available.

I do hope Burnley survive this time, they are a really honest, nard-working club from a small isolated town that has little else to commend it apart from some stunning landscapes nearby.

Early days yet, but it looks to me as if the only question is whether the title will end up in Salford or Manchester, with only Chelsea having any real chance of stopping the 2 big Northern clubs. Arsenal may bag a cup but I can't see anyone else troubling the Manchester clubs and Chelsea.

So I get the equivalent of a strike for calling someone a wand, and yet a comment which is clearly meant to wind someone up is left alone? :laugh:

Talk about favouritism.

Simple answer is don't bite. If someone goads you in a pub and you punch them, who gets arrested?

Simple answer is don't bite. If someone goads you in a pub and you punch them, who gets arrested?

That's just it though. The muppets that do purposely goad on here more than likely wouldn't have the sack to do it in person. I can almost guarantee that . But he cleverly sucks up to the admins and goes running to them at any given opportunity, and gets away with murder.

Anyway, Liverpool were dog **** yesterday (although Burnley played extremely well from the off, so they deserve credit) and I wouldn't be surprised if they go to White Hart Lane next weekend and tear them a new one as they've done in recent seasons. Very much chalk and cheese under Klopp, but on there day can convincingly beat any side in the EPL. They desperately need a proper left-back and a holding midfielder though else for all of there good attacking play they'll win little anytime soon.

Sounds as though they need a decent striker to me Beechy with 25 shots against Burnley's 3?

So Sturridge isn't decent? It was just one of those afternoons any side can have. Burnley defended in numbers extremely well and took the 2 chances they created. Liverpool certainly didn't look like they needed more firepower up front in pre-season or again Arsenal the weekend before. As the game went on Liverpool got more desperate and ran out of ideas, but it's one game in a very long season and I fully expect the side to have a positive reaction and put things right against Spurs next week at WHL.

So Sturridge isn't decent? It was just one of those afternoons any side can have. Burnley defended in numbers extremely well and took the 2 chances they created. Liverpool certainly didn't look like they needed more firepower up front in pre-season or again Arsenal the weekend before. As the game went on Liverpool got more desperate and ran out of ideas, but it's one game in a very long season and I fully expect the side to have a positive reaction and put things right against Spurs next week at WHL.

He's decent when he wants to be.Big attitude problem that lad.

For me Sturbridge fancies himself too much and is too inconsistent to be a truly top striker. When he's good he is very good but not often enough

You can't question someone's consistency when they average a goal every other game for the club he plays for.

You must admit though Beechy when you see his body language sometimes,why people question his attitude and desire?

Yes, I can. But then he's a proven goal-scorer that does't just score tap-in's, but also scores goals out of nothing due to his ability. His biggest problem is obviously his injury record, and the fact that he seems to spend little game time where he's actually 100% fit over any sort of lengthy period. Going on ability alone he would get into most teams.

Yes, I can. But then he's a proven goal-scorer that does't just score tap-in's, but also scores goals out of nothing due to his ability. His biggest problem is obviously his injury record, and the fact that he seems to spend little game time where he's actually 100% fit over any sort of lengthy period. Going on ability alone he would get into most teams.

Agreed,he scores some really classy goals but sometimes he is frustrating to watch when you know what he is capable of,a bit like Lallana.In my opinion he plays better with a partner up front and was at his best when he was alongside Suarez.

Archived