onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Next England Manager

Agree with you about Bilic, Beechy. Did a great job with Croatia playing entertaining football and is currently doing the same at West Ham. I also wonder if Roberto Mancini would be tempted. Again, he turned City into winners from being "nearly men" throughout their history. I draw the line at Hoddle though. Football has moved on, and he wasn't a roaring success in his last stint when he had a much better squad than we have now.

Advert

The more I think about it the more I would like to see Slaven Bilic be offered the opportunity. He speaks perfect English, knows our game inside out, and on the whole did a terrific job with Croatia for a while. He's also a motivator and has the ability to get the best out of players, two attributes you couldn't attribute to Roy Hodgson. I also wouldn't be against giving Glenn Hoddle another go. He knows the game and I think the players would really enjoy playing for him which can't be said for our last manager who played people out of there favoured position a lot. The biggest concern of course being he's been out of the game for so long.

It absolutely must not be Gareth Southgate - That will only end in tears I'm afraid.

Good shout.

He's got a bit more charisma than Southgate as well.

The more I think about it the more I would like to see Slaven Bilic be offered the opportunity. He speaks perfect English, knows our game inside out, and on the whole did a terrific job with Croatia for a while. He's also a motivator and has the ability to get the best out of players, two attributes you couldn't attribute to Roy Hodgson. I also wouldn't be against giving Glenn Hoddle another go. He knows the game and I think the players would really enjoy playing for him which can't be said for our last manager who played people out of there favoured position a lot. The biggest concern of course being he's been out of the game for so long.

It absolutely must not be Gareth Southgate - That will only end in tears I'm afraid.

Been really impressed by Bilic on the tv but there is no chance he would leave the Hammers.

Been really impressed by Bilic on the tv but there is no chance he would leave the Hammers.

I think there would be every chance personally. It may be a job that's a bit of a poisoned chalice but that hasn't stopped the likes of Fabio Capello and Sven-Goran Eriksson (one of the best managers around at that time) from wanting the opportunity. Perhaps because they know that if they could lead England to some success after so long they would be knighted!

If we go English again then it's going to be between Gareth Southgate and Sam Allardyce, and neither are anything like the answer. Shame Rafa Benitez has just signed up at Newcastle - At the very least he would get us organized and stick with one formation that the players were comfortable with. Ideally we'd have an English manager but there's no point if that person doesn't have the credentials to succeed. You've already seen the success the England rugby team are having after appointing an Aussie, one of the best coaches in the game.

I'd rather have an English manager.

I see no reason why someone managing in the Premiership for a while should not get the job.

Allardyce? Pardew?

There has been talk of bringing back Hoddle - and trying to persuade Shearer and maybe Venables to play a role but I don't know about that.

Bilic doesn't deserve it. He's only been here 12 months.

I'd rather have an English manager.

I see no reason why someone managing in the Premiership for a while should not get the job.

Allardyce? Pardew?

There has been talk of bringing back Hoddle - and trying to persuade Shearer and maybe Venables to play a role but I don't know about that.

Bilic doesn't deserve it. He's only been here 12 months.

12 months in which he's already done much more for West Ham than fat Sam did during his years there. And the fact that Bilic has already managed and been a relative success at International level can only stand him in good stead too. We could do far, far worse.

I'd rather see Pardew given a chance over Allardyce (negative hoof ball type football) and Southgate (Inexperienced and completely unproven) as at least he shows a bit of passion and won't just sit on his arse looking cluless and have a chinwag with Ray Lewington as Hodgson did every game.

I'd rather see Pardew given a chance over Allardyce (negative hoof ball type football) and Southgate (Inexperienced and completely unproven) as at least he shows a bit of passion and won't just sit on his arse looking cluless and have a chinwag with Ray Lewington as Hodgson did every game.

If we were still in it and Pardew was manager he'd probably pick a fight with Deschamps during the quarter final. Mind you he'd probably already have nutted Lagerback and had a ruck with Coleman.

Poland to win tonight

If we were still in it and Pardew was manager he'd probably pick a fight with Deschamps during the quarter final. Mind you he'd probably already have nutted Lagerback and had a ruck with Coleman.

Poland to win tonight

Pardew and Allardyce strike fear into me completely. God help us if it's either of them.

Sir Alex has put Allardyce forward, what reason could a Scot who has turned England down have for doing that! :laugh:

Pardew and Allardyce strike fear into me completely. God help us if it's either of them.

Sir Alex has put Allardyce forward, what reason could a Scot who has turned England down have for doing that! :laugh:

We need someone with international experience in my opinion,I'd go for Hoddle or Bilic.I'm sure we could find someone decent for £3.3m a year?

God help us? They would do a better job than woy. In fact my nan would do a better job and she knows sod all about football.

Archived