onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Next England Manager

Part of the issue with the English National team is that England could field four or five teams at least of similar standard to the one that played at the Euros but most other countries just have one or two. What is missing is someone to choose the right players with the right chemistry to knit together with the right tactics to form an excellent team.

The theory that English/British players don't have the right temperament for major tournaments is bunkum, Wales have just shown that.

Its 50 years since we won a trophy so the temperament must be in question

Advert

Its 50 years since we won a trophy so the temperament must be in question

For much of that time we also haven't had a true world class match winner(s) but even when we did (Gascoigne, Shearer) we lost on pens, had a crucial injury or didn't have the luck. Other British teams do well in tournaments so for me it's not about temperament.

Part of the issue with the English National team is that England could field four or five teams at least of similar standard to the one that played at the Euros but most other countries just have one or two. What is missing is someone to choose the right players with the right chemistry to knit together with the right tactics to form an excellent team.

The theory that English/British players don't have the right temperament for major tournaments is bunkum, Wales have just shown that.

Wales don't have a squad full of pampered PL players though.

Basically then what you are saying is Sky have shafted our National team no opportunities for English managers or players.

Its Sky's money that has encouraged this chase for glory and money.

And football clubs become giant adverts for their owners as well, which can also make them more attractive to buy, especially to world-wide TV audiences.

Don't spoil it again D@P,it's a decent thread this.

Considering that for about 14,000 tedious and ghastly posts you have mocked the Labour party, Jeremy Corbyn, been sarcastic, nasty, negative, and malicious, put down the club, never offered any alternatives to the things you criticise and generally been someone that could lower house prices by half just by driving through a district, I think that my post, which named no one, and was not defamatory in any way, was mild and well mannered.

In other words, your own post is grossly hypocritical, and I suggest you read back through what you have been posting recently before talking about others 'spoiling' threads. I don't intend getting into an ongoing argument with someone who makes a career out of wasting others time on squalid bickering sessions, but lets have a bit of balance, and please look up the word decent in the dictionary before you use it, it isn't really you at all - read my post again and compare it to what else has been posted on here lately.

I stand by what I said - it's the case generally in football, that some fans think they always know better than managers time after time , it's surprising they never became managers themselves isn't it?

Agreed' date=' surely got to be one of Bilic, Klinsmann or Hiddink for me.[/quote']

I have deliberately avoided you pretty much all of this year, if not longer, so do tell us why did you need to quote FUA's unwarranted attack on me in a post you supposedly made to tell people who you think should be manager? Just to join in like a little playground creeping bully sneak perhaps ?

You have about 20 infantile battles going with all and sundry on almost every other thread, isn't that enough, so don't try and provoke me into wasting more than this reply on you.

Will your brain explode and all the sputum, pus and parasites come out when you get to 20,000 useless time-wasting posts, and will anyone notice any difference ?

So enjoy this reply, you've had your attention-seeking moment, then get lost and troll the others, who well feed your sad mental defieciencies.

I stand by what I said - it's the case generally in football, that some fans think they always know better than managers time after time , it's surprising they never became managers themselves isn't it?

David come on, this is a football forum populated by football people giving opinions, posters are not claiming "They always know better than managers time after time" Giving an opinion is just part of the "game" and is fun.

I have deliberately avoided you pretty much all of this year, if not longer, so do tell us why did you need to quote FUA's unwarranted attack on me in a post you supposedly made to tell people who you think should be manager? Just to join in like a little playground creeping bully sneak perhaps ?

You have about 20 infantile battles going with all and sundry on almost every other thread, isn't that enough, so don't try and provoke me into wasting more than this reply on you.

Will your brain explode and all the sputum, pus and parasites come out when you get to 20,000 useless time-wasting posts, and will anyone notice any difference ?

So enjoy this reply, you've had your attention-seeking moment, then get lost and troll the others, who well feed your sad mental defieciencies.

If my comment about you was considered an attack,I dread to think how you would have coped if you'd been called some of names that have been aimed at me?

This thread is about the next England manager,so you can expect posters to have different ideas on the candidates,what did you expect on a football forum.You were literally criticising folk for having an opinion?

David come on, this is a football forum populated by football people giving opinions, posters are not claiming "They always know better than managers time after time" Giving an opinion is just part of the "game" and is fun.

Paul -What you say is true for most of the 'normal' posters on here, but just have a look back at the sneering, mocking, snidey name-calling personal digs at 'Woy' and the self-obsessed goons who give the players marks out of 10 every England match and think they know so much better than anyone else, they don't, and couldn't manage a whelk stall.

FUA - Note carefully that I did not name or quote any person - is it fair to say I was spoiling a 'decent thread' when all I am doing is having an alternative opinion. You were not named and were not part of this until you decided to attack me, now you get some back your babyish moaning side takes over again.

It's not 'fun' when these few come on and swamp the forums, and you are not fun either when you attack people for no reason - I can cope quite nicely thanks for your mock concern, but don't expect not to get some back.

If my comment about you was considered an attack,I dread to think how you would have coped if you'd been called some of names that have been aimed at me?

This thread is about the next England manager,so you can expect posters to have different ideas on the candidates,what did you expect on a football forum.You were literally criticising folk for having an opinion?

See my reply to Paul - I was not criticising people with opinions, but the few that think they continbually know better than the managers of both Vale and England, always the same small number of people, and remember the way Page was hounded by these people, then the 'Woy' nastiness - definitely not opinions but spiteful agendas from spiteful, self-obsessed people. Then you accused me of spoiling a decent thread - that's why you got a reply that you may not like. Tough.

And football clubs become giant adverts for their owners as well, which can also make them more attractive to buy, especially to world-wide TV audiences.

And the byproduct of that is English football fails on the pitch and in the managerial stakes and the reason why England are a limp egotistical rable and Sky go from strength to strength.

See my reply to Paul - I was not criticising people with opinions, but the few that think they continbually know better than the managers of both Vale and England, always the same small number of people, and remember the way Page was hounded by these people, then the 'Woy' nastiness - definitely not opinions but spiteful agendas from spiteful, self-obsessed people. Then you accused me of spoiling a decent thread - that's why you got a reply that you may not like. Tough.

Thanks 💪 😂

Maybe we should give Sam a go.

At the end of the day our players are not good enough for all sorts of reasons and in all sorts of ways and what's needed to deal with that goes much deeper than the England manager..but at least with Sam we might be more difficult to beat and he might get more out of the players that we do have even if he can't turn them into world beaters.

If he fails then it might just put to bed the idea that we just need someone who will kick the players up the @r$e and organise them.

Maybe we should give Sam a go.

At the end of the day our players are not good enough for all sorts of reasons and in all sorts of ways and what's needed to deal with that goes much deeper than the England manager..but at least with Sam we might be more difficult to beat and he might get more out of the players that we do have even if he can't turn them into world beaters.

If he fails then it might just put to bed the idea that we just need someone who will kick the players up the @r$e and organise them.

Worth a try if he would take it, we will need players with backbone in Russia.

Archived