onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peter Farrell

robf

There's an interview between a man who has been turned down for a job and a newspaper banned from the club.

Yet what they've printed is gospel?

Was he turned down? If whats written isnt true? If its agreed but no one tells you things have changed have you been turned down? or just not informed?..... Im just responding to what is printed, I have no idea [probably the same as you] whats really gone on, if smurf doesnt want to speak to them thats fine but he then cant complain if people dont know whats gone on.

Advert

Was he turned down? If whats written isnt true? If its agreed but no one tells you things have changed have you been turned down? or just not informed?..... Im just responding to what is printed, I have no idea [probably the same as you] whats really gone on, if smurf doesnt want to speak to them thats fine but he then cant complain if people dont know whats gone on.

I don't know, no one knows which is why it's pointless blaming Smurf.

If a contract is declined or a counter offer submitted then the original offer no longer stands. Maybe Smurf never offered another contract after the accommodation issues.

Yet people complain about a cutthroat world if its done to them.

Not me, you can't pussy foot around in business just to be nice. You have to do what's best for the business. Like I say, we've still got this little nice port vale attitude and it will get us nowhere.

Most likely scenario is that Norman recruited Farrell, then Bruno walked in wanting to employ his own guy so Norm welshed on his original offer.

I simply can't believe that there was no dialogue between Smurf and Bruno before the conference regarding his backroom staff.

Most likely scenario in my eyes is that this Farrell wanted a better deal and Smurf decided against it.

Only lesson to be learnt is don't announce something before the ink is dried, but then again no one can really claim to care too much when we signed all these players and will be adding more by all accounts.

There's an interview between a man who has been turned down for a job and a newspaper banned from the club.

Yet what they've printed is gospel?

The article is made up of direct quotes from Farrell which suggests he said that stuff. Are you saying he is a liar? The Chairman refused to comment on the article which suggests he either has nothing to say on the matter - why would he not if Farrell is telling porkies - or he isn't talking to the Sentinel because they are banned. If the latter then he is a bit daft not to take the opportunity to refute Farrell's version of events and make it look like it's true? Don't forget we are talking here about taking the word of a man who spoke to the spirit of Bill Bell.

I,m with Smurf on this, there probably are two versions of the story and as he doesn't want to engage with the Sentinel then thats his perogative, he said on the radio the other night that it was a logistical problem him living in Blackpool and possibly that Bruno has worked with Andy Smith before so felt the younger Coach would suit him better, Smurfs probably left it to Bruno who he prefers!!

Just another Smurf bashing non story but somehow fans fail to mention all the good signings and expectancy we are getting at the moment to give him any credit!!

I,m with Smurf on this, there probably are two versions of the story and as he doesn't want to engage with the Sentinel then thats his perogative, he said on the radio the other night that it was a logistical problem him living in Blackpool and possibly that Bruno has worked with Andy Smith before so felt the younger Coach would suit him better, Smurfs probably left it to Bruno who he prefers!!

Just another Smurf bashing non story but somehow fans fail to mention all the good signings and expectancy we are getting at the moment to give him any credit!!

Hang about John, fans generally are more than appreciative of all the recent signings, but as Jean says Smurf missed a good opportunity to refute the story if not true.

Archived