onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peter Farrell

robf

Advert

Apparently the reason all of this was not on the official website is because a new Press Officer has just been installed and the club has more important things to worry about.

Quite so jacko,but thinking about it no one in his right mind would take a job 100 miles away from home a 200 mile round trip daily. so it's all bilge water. imho.:smile:

Apparently the reason all of this was not on the official website is because a new Press Officer has just been installed and the club has more important things to worry about.

Would thatbethe same press officer who made a completehashofthe garlic story?

I,m with Smurf on this, there probably are two versions of the story and as he doesn't want to engage with the Sentinel then thats his perogative, he said on the radio the other night that it was a logistical problem him living in Blackpool and possibly that Bruno has worked with Andy Smith before so felt the younger Coach would suit him better, Smurfs probably left it to Bruno who he prefers!!

Just another Smurf bashing non story but somehow fans fail to mention all the good signings and expectancy we are getting at the moment to give him any credit!!

To be fair I've supported him and defended him through most things this summer but if it's true a courtesy call from the chairman or indeed Farrell's line manager Bruno before it went live to the public was certainly in order.

As someone said earlier it's clearly his agent trying to get Farrell a better deal but why put your face to something before you've signed an agreement.

As for the sentinel they are just looking for negative stories on the club and it's bit *** for tat because the chairman won't let them play, what do you expect with the gutter press and a **** fan that writes stories on us?

As for the sentinel they are just looking for negative stories on the club and it's bit *** for tat because the chairman won't let them play, what do you expect with the gutter press and a **** fan that writes stories on us?

Santa said it so more succinctly...

Typical biased Sentinel reporting. Why do they have to be so negative about the club.

There you go REP, I've saved you a job.

I agree. Some people on here seem to be turning this on its head by suggesting it's Farrell's fault or the Sentinel's for printing the story. The truth is that Smurf has very poor interpersonal skills. He may have made pots of money out of managing properties but he's consistently displayed an ineptitude for dealing with people. Take, for example, the manner in which he made it public that he would be offering the out of contract players reduced terms at the end of the season. Were the players concerned aware of that before he went public? I doubt it. Now we have Farrell's accusations. Maybe Farrell is making something out of nothing but surely Smurf should have checked the position with him before going public. If he had done, the story would never have got off the ground.

To be fair I've supported him and defended him through most things this summer but if it's true a courtesy call from the chairman or indeed Farrell's line manager Bruno before it went live to the public was certainly in order.

As someone said earlier it's clearly his agent trying to get Farrell a better deal but why put your face to something before you've signed an agreement.

Mike Bagguley has reported on Vale matters very professionally for a number of years. I remember him coming to every Supporters Club meeting when it was relaunched under the last lot and being very supportive, I couldn't have done that if I was a reporter and had to go to Stoke. I find your comment quite offensive really. To describe The Sentinel as gutter press is harsh, especially given the role they eventually played in helping rid us of V2001. You have obviously heard a version of events of why Norman is treating the Sentinel with contempt, either way it's unprofessional. You need the local media, gutter press or not, on your side. I don't see how this has been reported as being negative either, it is highlighting an issue many fans have been querying over the last few days. One or both sides to this story aren't being totally honest about the issue, this article and the radio interview show this.

Mike Bagguley has reported on Vale matters very professionally for a number of years. I remember him coming to every Supporters Club meeting when it was relaunched under the last lot and being very supportive, I couldn't have done that if I was a reporter and had to go to Stoke. I find your comment quite offensive really. To describe The Sentinel as gutter press is harsh, especially given the role they eventually played in helping rid us of V2001. You have obviously heard a version of events of why Norman is treating the Sentinel with contempt, either way it's unprofessional. You need the local media, gutter press or not, on your side. I don't see how this has been reported as being negative either, it is highlighting an issue many fans have been querying over the last few days. One or both sides to this story aren't being totally honest about the issue, this article and the radio interview show this.

You have your opinions on MB and the sentinel and I have mine, at the end of the day that's all they are, opinions.

To be honest I find your imbalanced views on the chairman offensive but that doesn't alter your opinion. My opinion is credit where it's due and criticism where it's due, you clearly don't have such an open mind to him.

The wrag that saved the club, are you really trotting that line out and do you really believe it? :laugh: Steady hand on the tiller wasn't it?

I don't really care about sides of stories, I care about the success of my club. He clearly should have been informed by either Bruno, the chairman or his agent and really the former ultimately as his line manager but we move on and hopefully stop making mountains out of mole hills.

You have your opinions on MB and the sentinel and I have mine, at the end of the day that's all they are, opinions.

To be honest I find your imbalanced views on the chairman offensive but that doesn't alter your opinion. My opinion is credit where it's due and criticism where it's due, you clearly don't have such an open mind to him.

The wrag that saved the club, are you really trotting that line out and do you really believe it? :laugh: Steady hand on the tiller wasn't it?

I don't really care about sides of stories, I care about the success of my club. He clearly should have been informed by either Bruno, the chairman or his agent and really the former ultimately as his line manager but we move on and hopefully stop making mountains out of mole hills.

I'm not getting into the argument on the Peter Farrell thing but Tim is absolutely spot on with his comments on the Sentinel and, in particular, Martin Tideswell and the big part they played in exposing, and ultimately ridding us of the **** that was v2001.

I'm not getting into the argument on the Peter Farrell thing but Tim is absolutely spot on with his comments on the Sentinel and, in particular, Martin Tideswell and the big part they played in exposing, and ultimately ridding us of the **** that was v2001.

I don't disagree they did eventually help, way too late for me though.

I don't disagree they did eventually help' date=' way too late for me though.[/quote']

Which is why I typed "eventually" but make no bones about it, without their help in the end we would have struggled to have moved them. Better late than never.

If you read the full article on the back of the Sentinel at the end it says: The Sentinel contacted the club with Farrell's response but Smurthwaite declined to comment.

So the newspaper wanted to give both sides of the story but Norman wouldn't speak to them. I draw my own conclusions from that.

But Norman won't talk to the Sentinel whatever the story is. I don't think we can draw any conclusions from his refusal to talk to them.

If it had been Radio Stoke on the other hand...

I base my opinions of Mike Bagguley from actually knowing him and what he has done whilst Vale reporter. Does that make my opinion any less valid than yours therefore?

Your opinion is my views on Norman are inbalanced, that doesn't mean they are. I base my opinion on the facts to hand, you seem to think I have a personal dislike of the man, I don't. It seems if a person doesn't ignore what is being said and done and dares to comment on it they are labelled a moaner or a hater, when in reality they are just commenting on what they see. I don't think Norman is/has done a good job, you and others feel the opposite, time will tell who is right and who is wrong. That doesn't mean I am inbalanced in my judgement. I have given the man credit for things I think he has done well, but unfortunately for everything he does right he appears to have done 2 things wrong and he continues to do things, that in my opinion, are damaging. Based on what he has done over time he will now never change my overall opinion of him, too much water under the bridge for me, that doesn't mean I will have a closed mind on what he does.

The "rag" you mentioned did help us rid the club of V2001, however late they came to the table or what went on before, history proves that and you can't alter that.

Archived