onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

I don't really have an opinion on whether the Chairman has handled this well so far, what I am sure of though is that if he has overstated the quality of these three applicants then he will face massive criticism, and rightly so.

I think if he does appoint BR then he will need to answer questions about this guys CV as a manager which at first glance looks awful.

After watching his '3 outstanding candidates' video again, then Bruno can onlyu be number 3, but with massive respect, doesn't warrant the 'I thought it was a wind up' and sensational build-up thing.

So I don't think it is him as No 3 in that video, and why would Bruno have to wait to June 21st, he is a free agent as I understand it - BUT it may have been Jose Morais who a deal cannot be struck with YET.

Smurf would be (and possibly has been) wise to talk to other people - he may have seen and interviewed 15 or 20 candidates, or at least had informal contact with them.

We just don't know....but just because there is a shortlist doesn't mean we can agree terms and conditions with one, two or all three on it, and there must be a Plan B list too.

Advert

Thing with Bruno is if Smurf saw his application I can't see him knowing who he is let alone to think it was a wind up!

Who knows I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, managing one of the weakest sides in Portugal won't be easy and looks as though he got booted from Ludogorets for not making the CL group stage over a very short time there.

If backed by Jose with loanees we may build a decent side to do well.

Although not as great on paper as Morais id still be excited at the potential with United linking up with us and loanees to really do something.

One candidate "Shines out like a beacon" will need to be explained by Norman. Of course he would be excited by a call from the Special One, but the proposed candidate must have been significant also, or was it the total package?

What I struggle with is the delay. Norman has said he will (maybe) announce who is the new manager on 21 June. Why is that I wonder? It was announced way in advance the names of the Chelsea and Man City managers, who have contractual obligations to complete but the contract for their new job is, I think, from 1 July, so what is the barrier to announcing the person now? If it is good enough for Chelsea and Man City why is that a barrier for Port Vale? Or is Norman still interviewing and has not yet decided? If that is the case why is the date of 21 June significant? If the date is significant then he must have made up his mind, so why not announce it!

The delay seems strange. I also wonder if some of the names being leaked (which do not excite anyone, including me) have been leaked deliberately so that when THE ONE is announced we will all be thinking thank God for that and being so pleased it is not Dickov, or Kuqi, or Little (please please not Little, as the other two seem to have been discounted).

This is all getting more and more like Alice in Wonderland. Ribeiro (the latest one) well his managerial record is far from convincing. Just what does he bring to the party. OK, he, perhaps like other Portugese coaches, has been recommended by Jose Mourinho. Jose is not the best judge of players, or other staff, his treatment of Dr Eva Carneiro has just been shown to be very poor, so why should his judgement on a particular individual to be a good fit for Port Vale have such strength? He knows almost nothing about Port Vale I would imagine.

I am becoming more and more disillusioned. Perhaps when the time has come to make the announcement it will be clear why there has been such a long delay in making the announcement. However, right now I can see no good reason for any delay. If Norman has decided candidate number two is the one he wants, if that is the case, sign him up and announce it, if he is already employed in England there would be no contractual obligation that should act as a barrier.

For me, I am clear, John Coleman, is my preferred candidate.

Let us wait and see but I really struggle to see why there is so much drama around this.

What outstanding candidate is going to wait until late June to hear from our Chairman to then tell him that someone else has got the job at a mid table league 1 club which has limited funds and few players to date

With all this 21st malarky then surely it has to be the one who is under contract,i mean if it wasn't then he could appoint one right now

If I was one of the other two I'd tell him to do one if that's the case.

Archived