onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

good post the sage but I am very sad today I have supported the vale since been taken to the first match in 1950 until to day although I now live abroad but listen to every match on valiant player But sad I now think its the end I think the chairman should close the club down as there is no light in the tunnel . There has been no information in fact know nothing from the club that shows the interest even the supports are leaving in large numbers KNOW BODY CARES ANYMORE

Cheer up matey!

There are still 3,000 to 4,000 of us who passionately care about our great Club.

Owners/Managers/Players will always come and go on a regular basis but ardent Valiants are here forever. Our Club will survive if we keep our faith and hope alive.

So, we may have lost a manager and maybe several of last years squad might desert the ship, but so what? Vale will continue and thrive with whoever replaces said personnel. There may even be light in the tunnel as you state when we see who is the new manager and who is in the squad for the next campaign. With all the "saved" dosh that we'll have IF all these players take contracts elsewhere we will still have a very good budget to work with to ADD to the players already under contract(and we do have the nucleus there of a reasonable start).

It is not all doom and gloom. We have faced far worse scenarios in our past and I'm certain we'll see more dark days but us Vale fans have to keep heart and stick with the Club. We can do this together. Have a chill pill mate and when the new season starts maintain your optimism and fervour for the Great Club that is Port Vale.

Advert

I think Owen is coaching the youngsters at Stoke. The very young ones I mean not the youth team/reserves.

It may be a step too far for him at the moment.

But these are the types we probably need to be looking at - fresh, hungry, ambitious, would view the Vale job as a great coup, and untainted by 2-3 previous failures.

The question mark I'd have against Owen (and Brown) is that their experience of coaching/managing first team players is very limited. But if we could also recruit an experienced director of football (even on a part-time basis) it might be the way to go.

Just glad it's not my responsibility to pick our next manager!

I reckon Phil Sproson would make a good manager, his comments on RS are very sensible, logical, he's very football savvy and he comes over as a very fair and decent guy. I realize he has another career but shame his career ambitions don't include football management in them.

I reckon Phil Sproson would make a good manager, his comments on RS are very sensible, logical, he's very football savvy and he comes over as a very fair and decent guy. I realize he has another career but shame his career ambitions don't include football management in them.

Ben on praise and grumble makes comments that are very sensible and logical but i wouldnt want him as Vale manager!

Shine a light.

I think Owen is coaching the youngsters at Stoke. The very young ones I mean not the youth team/reserves.

It may be a step too far for him at the moment.

But these are the types we probably need to be looking at - fresh, hungry, ambitious, would view the Vale job as a great coup, and untainted by 2-3 previous failures.

The question mark I'd have against Owen (and Brown) is that their experience of coaching/managing first team players is very limited. But if we could also recruit an experienced director of football (even on a part-time basis) it might be the way to go.

Just glad it's not my responsibility to pick our next manager!

We are, if you believed our chairman, about to get a CEO.

So where is he/she?

To even suggest a director of football is fruitful thinking when we have an absolute imbesile like Norman Smurthwaite in charge.

Ben on praise and grumble makes comments that are very sensible and logical but i wouldnt want him as Vale manager!

Shine a light.

Perhaps he does in your opinion but I very much doubt he's as football savvy, football connected or has the insight.

Get a grip of the light.

Perhaps he does in your opinion but I very much doubt he's as football savvy, football connected or has the insight.

Get a grip of the light.

Errr. Just so you know. Not that i have to make this clear. But i am not advocating Ben for the managerial position of our club.

I hope you understand my point.

And if you dont i will spell it out for you.

I doubt you know Phil Sproson. You hear him on the ******* radio and because he sounds football savvy and has a few connections you want him as manager?!

Your suggestion is madness and stupidity. Just like i mentioned Ben.

Get it?

Probably not.

I see the negativity and I was deeply disappointed last week when Page left. I thought we were on to a good thing with him and he could lead us forward. He's taken a decision to step sideways, and whether we feel that is right or wrong, he's done it and it can't be changed. We have to move forward.

In order to do that, we have to see some positive messages coming out of the club this week. The following would be perfect:

- New manager appointed that the majority of fans are happy with

- CEO appointed

- Some out of contract players sign their new contracts

The turmoil that surrounds the club can be lifted, but it needs to be done very quickly. I felt positive despite the final day result and the retained list that we could have a good season next year. I still believe we can, but we need to make the right appointment that can inspire the fans. It's very difficult to remove the negativity to a place when it's set in but you have to hope and believe things can better. Without that we're just in a downward spiral.

UTV

Errr. Just so you know. Not that i have to make this clear. But i am not advocating Ben for the managerial position of our club.

I hope you understand my point.

And if you dont i will spell it out for you.

I doubt you know Phil Sproson. You hear him on the ******* radio and because he sounds football savvy and has a few connections you want him as manager?!

Your suggestion is madness and stupidity. Just like i mentioned Ben.

Get it?

Probably not.

Bloody hell what is your problem?

Absolutely crazy reaction to a suggestion on a message board.

The guy is local, played 400+ games for us, his family has vale running through their veins and he has stayed in football since his retirement. It's highly unlikely that he would want to give up his agency work but if that is a mad and stupid suggestion then I think it's time you take a break from the forum for a bit.

I think the whole set up needs a good shake up, last year was the start of it when they got rid of the old guard like Grew and Glover from the coaching side, with Pagey setting up his own team. Arguably it didn't go quite far enough as we still had the same coaches who do the u18's also doing the reserves as well.

Obviously with Page going it will get another shake up, but I think we do need someone to have the same vision for the whole set up, from the academy though to the first team. Something cohesive so that the lads are comfortable at all ages to be playing in the same way and that way we may be able to bring through more home grown players.

Obviously managers come and go but the club as a whole should have a philosophy that can outlive managers. Can they get someone to start / carry on that vision, which is what I think was the intention with Page or will they go the route of putting a plaster over it with an older experienced manager.

Personally I'd like to see someone like Brown get it with a bit of experienced help for a season or 2. Sure its a gamble, but surely thats the case for anyone we decide to get in. I know we only go to watch the first team and thats the side where the club lives and dies. But I just want to see the club progressing as a whole throughout all the ranks to then hopefully benefit the first team. I suppose I don't want to see another Adams come in who couldn't care less about the development side and we end up with a bunch of journey men pros and lurching from one set of ideals to another as we swap and change managers over the years.

Archived