onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

Advert

A name that was mentioned a lot last time but I've not seen mentioned is Neil Aspin, would probably be cheap and might rally the fans.

He as not managed in League football, he was sacked by Halifax, for not being good enough, and he is nearly old enough to get his bus pass, so I think we can rule him out.

He as not managed in League football, he was sacked by Halifax, for not being good enough, and he is nearly old enough to get his bus pass, so I think we can rule him out.

Someone has to say Aspo every time, it's as boring and standard as Ainsworth

I wonder if we're better looking at reserve team coaches and up and coming potential rather then the tried and trusted, been around the block a few times, type.

There might be someone out there none of us knows about but who is known in the game and looking for an opportunity like this.

I don't see the point in appointing anyone who has had 2-3 failures on their CV and going downhill like an out of control lorry.

Let's look at those who would view Port Vale as a step up, not a meal ticket for a few years.

When Waddington came from Crewe to Stoke it was a surprise. The same with Rudge.

Let's hope there is another unpolished diamond out there who can put the smile back on our faces.

As I keep on saying though it's a massive gamble whoever comes in. Sinnott fits my template above and look how awful he was. Cook was outstanding at Chesterfield but hasn't got Portsmouth back up immediately despite a huge budget. Davis was on the short list for the Wolves job, now he's in Division Two.

We can but hope NS picks a rabbit out of the hat but his recent decision making has been questionable and if he doesn't get it right we can start buying an A to Z to Newport County in 12 months time.

Who would your choices be in order of preference Yukon me owd fruit?

Of all the names banded around, I only think Adkins would fit the bill completely.

I discount any ex player immediately, this isn't a decision that should be based on sentiment. Ainsworth has not done well at Wycombe, he's done okay and certainly not enough to deserve stepping up a league. Aspin has no league experience and it's not like he's only been a manger two minutes.

good post the sage but I am very sad today I have supported the vale since been taken to the first match in 1950 until to day although I now live abroad but listen to every match on valiant player But sad I now think its the end I think the chairman should close the club down as there is no light in the tunnel . There has been no information in fact know nothing from the club that shows the interest even the supports are leaving in large numbers KNOW BODY CARES ANYMORE

Archived