onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Page to Northampton

Jacob_123

Advert

Yeah, agree.

As disappointed as I am, I remember Nelly stating on here how he'd met the Rochdale chairman who was amazed how little Rob was paid. Maybe those who are slating his loyalty should think what they'd do in the same position.

I would do exactly the same thing, go for the money and leave my old boss with a pile of ****

This could be a blessing in disguise.

Really ? It might be a disaster waiting to land, wait and see.

If RP is so poor according to half-a-dozen 'football experts' on the OVF forum why do other clubs want him?

Now the Oddschecker specials pages are not even featuring a NORTHAMPTON next manager page.... it has been replaced by a PORT VALE next manager page.

Sean O'Driscoll showing as 10/1 favourite for next permanent Vale manager, with some true horrors in the list like Paulo di fascist and Paul Ince. God help us.

Who could we expect to attract at that rate?

Well, yes. I'm not sure if Smurf ever really had any respect for Page - he certainly took every opportunity he could to belittle and snipe at him - and I think Adams was on a hefty wage, so maybe any new manager can expect the going rate rather than what RP was paid.

I'm sad to see him go and suspect the majority of fans will be too. He always struck me a decent man and that's really important to me when choosing a manager. I wish him nothing but the best in his new role and hope he enjoys life more without an interfering and demeaning chairman. Maybe some of those fans that never got off his back need to be careful what they wished for. I'm sure some are already furiously scurrying around now searching for new reasons not to attend now their previous excuse has left.

kinda like the EU referendum in here lol except now if he has gone then hopefully we can look forward to the " no mateys in the dressing room" policy. better away form, better atmosphere at home games... and no micky adams influence oh and lets not forget the god awful negativity at home and away. we can do better AND WE WILL. UTV

What a load of utter nonsense.

Well perhaps we will have a manager who susses out the opposition before we play them and devises a plan with the players at his disposal to negate the oppositions strengths and exploit their weaknesses without playing for a draw away from home which gives the opposition the advantage from the start.I think that was a fatal move and one which made me stay away,another was the pretty football without actually gaining a great deal of ground and how about a manager who devises a plan to suit the players instead of trying to make the players fit a plan, Don Revie tried that many years ago and was ridiculed for it.Perhaps I'm asking to much but I've never thought of Page as the way forward because I want better than upper mid table for Port Vale.Have I missed anything out because I'm sure someone will tell me if I have.

So Page offers players contracts and then leaves? Why should someone else get saddled with his retained list?

Nice bloke but our away form was horrendous, it's been a very dull season and despite what outsiders think of Port Vales season we limply gave up on a play off place when it was there for the taking. There always seemed a distinct lack of respect for Page from the players, no more evident than in the final day thrashing.

I'm very indifferent to Page so good luck if he's gone, 'whatever' if he stays.

Good riddance. Can't help but feel for all the good he did for us there was always crap with him too.

Like the Exeter shambles, the two retained lists, the crap defence even though he was an international centre-half, everybody back when defending corners - I could go on.

I bet the current retained list was the final straw for Norm.

Thanks for what you did RP but I won't miss you.

Can't say I'm devastated at losing Page but it does highlight the likely downward trajectory of the club moving forward.

No manager, budget cuts, division looking stronger. Have to reckon that a relegation struggle looms.

Can't see it attracting a particularly exciting list of candidates.

Archived