onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What do the fans actually know?

Jacko51

I was having a look at a Leicester message board, Foxes Talk, from the time when Ranieri was in line for their job and when he was appointed. Here are a few comments by their fans:

"No, no, fecking NO!"

"Rather have cotterill "

"Oh God please no. Still waiting for someone realistic to be linked that actually gives me some confidence."

"Bring Back Megson"

"he's actually just a ***** manager, ..... ranieri has been at three of italy's biggest clubs and won nothing - embarrassing. a big name for a big name's sake; its bleedin pitiful. if the thais do appoint him thats it for me with them, but i dont think anyone is that stupid - mind they did sack pearson"

"Im underwhelmed, old sweat who has been around the track too many times... just another payday before he gets sacked again and then retires... who the fook cares if he's a nice guy?"

"Rubbish manager Ranieri! won the super cup with valencia the season after another manager had won the uefa cup to get them there. won french second divsion spending £100m with monaco and the won serie c! We've downgraded from Pearson big time if this is true!"

"hes the italian version of Harry Redknapp! Spend spend spend and leave a year later with the club in a mess! "

Some supported the appointment and I hope they put money on Leicester for the title!

Advert

You have to remember that Ranieri, who was brilliant this season, inherited a winning team that pulled off one of the greatest escapes ever from relegation - an achievement on a par with them winning the league this season. A lot of credit must also go to Nigel Pearson, who laid the rock solid foundations, built the morale, and coached a lot of the players that Ranieri won the title with.

Ranieri was astute and wise enough to leave things pretty much as they were, if only Jim Gannon had done the same when he took over from Micky Adams.But both Ranieri and Pearson deserve the managerial credit.

As an aside, a particularly vocal poster on here, who I will be kind enough not to name on this occasion, but I'm sure you wont need too many guesses if I tell you he thinks he knows best on everything football related from Vale to Leicester, managers, squads, teams, rules and much more - and this person posted literally dozens of provocative nasty posts saying how useless Pearson was, then also loudly slammed Ranieri as useless very loudly when the Foxes new boss was appointed as his replacement. The orifice indeed !

Nor was Lineker very happy either. Il Romano Inglese sacked by Greece for a loss to the Faroes Islands.

Aup ah kid, I was listening to 5Live last night and one of the many interviewed was Mr Lineker. He said he was proud of 'his' Leicester, had shed a few tears of joy, etc, etc, but not once referred to Mr Ranieri. Most telling for me was when asked about Totters drawn game against Chelsea and losing the title he came across a tad despondent.

You have to remember that Ranieri, who was brilliant this season, inherited a winning team that pulled off one of the greatest escapes ever from relegation - an achievement on a par with them winning the league this season. A lot of credit must also go to Nigel Pearson, who laid the rock solid foundations, built the morale, and coached a lot of the players that Ranieri won the title with.

Ranieri was astute and wise enough to leave things pretty much as they were, if only Jim Gannon had done the same when he took over from Micky Adams.But both Ranieri and Pearson deserve the managerial credit.

As an aside, a particularly vocal poster on here, who I will be kind enough not to name on this occasion, but I'm sure you wont need too many guesses if I tell you he thinks he knows best on everything football related from Vale to Leicester, managers, squads, teams, rules and much more - and this person posted literally dozens of provocative nasty posts saying how useless Pearson was, then also loudly slammed Ranieri as useless very loudly when the Foxes new boss was appointed as his replacement. The orifice indeed !

I wonder will Leicester invite Nigel Pearson to the celebration party. He deserves to be there, but it probably won't happen.

I was having a look at a Leicester message board, Foxes Talk, from the time when Ranieri was in line for their job and when he was appointed. Here are a few comments by their fans:

"No, no, fecking NO!"

"Rather have cotterill "

"Oh God please no. Still waiting for someone realistic to be linked that actually gives me some confidence."

"Bring Back Megson"

"he's actually just a ***** manager, ..... ranieri has been at three of italy's biggest clubs and won nothing - embarrassing. a big name for a big name's sake; its bleedin pitiful. if the thais do appoint him thats it for me with them, but i dont think anyone is that stupid - mind they did sack pearson"

"Im underwhelmed, old sweat who has been around the track too many times... just another payday before he gets sacked again and then retires... who the fook cares if he's a nice guy?"

"Rubbish manager Ranieri! won the super cup with valencia the season after another manager had won the uefa cup to get them there. won french second divsion spending £100m with monaco and the won serie c! We've downgraded from Pearson big time if this is true!"

"hes the italian version of Harry Redknapp! Spend spend spend and leave a year later with the club in a mess! "

Some supported the appointment and I hope they put money on Leicester for the title!

To be fair (and I'm as guilty as the majority) the experts pretty much all said the same from Lineker, Savage, Claridge, Twitchy etc.

This is one of those incredible stories that pretty much proved everyone wrong!

I wonder will Leicester invite Nigel Pearson to the celebration party. He deserves to be there, but it probably won't happen.

I'm sure the owners could present him with his very own pack of wolves and pet ostrich and his son with a hareem of prozzies! :laugh:

On a serious note he should get an honourable mention as none of this would have been possible but for his (and the players) heroics at the end of last season.

Archived