onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adam Johnson and sex charge

JOHNNYAITCH

Scumbag paedophile who it turns out knew full well her age and used his statistics defile the child.

Shame he's only going to get around 5 years really.

Hopefully if he does appeal he will be found guilty this time around on forcing her into the act of oral sex he got away with seemingly on very flimsy grounds.

A mate of mine who is a Sunderland ST holder has suggested a group of their fans are going to investigate Johnson's claims Sunderland knew and if it proves to be the case are going o seek refunds on their ST's. I hope if true they do get refunds as no one will want to have contributed to this monsters wages but I don't see how they will succeed sadly.

He's not a paedophile as she was over the age of11 but that doesn't mean that he's whiter than white, nor does it mean that she was a poor little waif .the fact is that he is on his way to prison probably somewhere like Sudbury and she although not named will be considered loose by he friends and fair game by the local yobs,his actions have cost him his career, his girl friend and child and as in lots of similar cases have impacted on family friends and loved ones,a sad sad case and all becaues he couldn't keep it in his trousers.

Advert

Strictly speaking he is not a paedophile, he is a sex offender. Paedophiles are usually defined as those who are interested in prepubescent children below the age of about 11. That didn't stop a rather interesting ditty being sung by the Newcastle fans last night!

Also, he did not "get away with" an act for forcing the girl into an act of oral sex, he was found not guilty of that act in a court of law by a jury of his peers so legally he is innocent of that act.

I don't disagree with the scumbag description, however. I wonder when Premier League football clubs will address the issue of educating their players in what is and is not acceptable behaviour in society.

Excellent song from the Geordies!

I suppose he was found not guilty on forcing her into oral sex but the reasoning behind that direction was exceptionally weak.

If they didn't know Sunderland should now sue him for the wages he was paid between telling them he was innocent and then changing his plea to guilty. In addition they should seek further recompense to the damage to their brand.

The leading defence lawyer said that Sunderland did know. I suspect those who knew did not include the team management but it's pretty clear that the CEO was made aware of exactly what the score was. I have a suspicion that the decision to rescind the original, and correct, suspension was in the hope that the lass would lose her bottle and drop the charges, knowing that the case would not come to court for ages.

However, irrespective of whether they believed him to be innocent or guilty, surely the correct course of action was to suspend him on full pay until the trial? It would certainly happen in almost every other profession where there was a risk of the accused coming into contact with children.

The correct course of action now must surely be to deduct Sunderland 20 points. ;)

The leading defence lawyer said that Sunderland did know. I suspect those who knew did not include the team management but it's pretty clear that the CEO was made aware of exactly what the score was. I have a suspicion that the decision to rescind the original, and correct, suspension was in the hope that the lass would lose her bottle and drop the charges, knowing that the case would not come to court for ages.

However, irrespective of whether they believed him to be innocent or guilty, surely the correct course of action was to suspend him on full pay until the trial? It would certainly happen in almost every other profession where there was a risk of the accused coming into contact with children.

The correct course of action now must surely be to deduct Sunderland 20 points. ;)

ten out of ten for content jacko.

Johnson certainly sounds like an immature scumbag. I don't condone his actions at all and feel he should be punished.

I am, though, surprised that we are being told between 5 and 10 years as a potential sentence. It seems a lot to me, especially when you see people who have killed through dangerous or drunken driving, for example, get less.

My own feeling would be to spend a couple of years behind bars alongside some community based activity would be more productive.

I'll get me tin hat now!

If they didn't know Sunderland should now sue him for the wages he was paid between telling them he was innocent and then changing his plea to guilty. In addition they should seek further recompense to the damage to their brand.

According to press reports, Johnson's barrister mentioned in court that the club had been told about certain salient facts. Yet, despite this, they still chose to play him. Says a lot for the social conscience of this particular Premiership club, but suspect it may well have been the same at most of the top clubs--money seems to rule over all else!

Johnson certainly sounds like an immature scumbag. I don't condone his actions at all and feel he should be punished.

I am, though, surprised that we are being told between 5 and 10 years as a potential sentence. It seems a lot to me, especially when you see people who have killed through dangerous or drunken driving, for example, get less.

My own feeling would be to spend a couple of years behind bars alongside some community based activity would be more productive.

I'll get me tin hat now!

I understand your point but I think the element of pre-meditation and planning in Johnson's actions make them worthy of a decent stretch inside. If you change "professional footballer" in the story to "Top of the Pops DJ" I suspect he would be facing even more opprobrium.

This isn't going to endear Sunderland to their fanbase or indeed the wider footballing community if they even care.

Everyone I've spoken to over the last couple of days regarding this is hoping Sunderland go down now in much the same way the majority of neutrals it appears are hoping Leicester win the PL.

Suspending him for two weeks was no action really whether or not they knew of his guilt, if they did then they are scum of the highest order.

This isn't going to endear Sunderland to their fanbase or indeed the wider footballing community if they even care.

Everyone I've spoken to over the last couple of days regarding this is hoping Sunderland go down now in much the same way the majority of neutrals it appears are hoping Leicester win the PL.

Suspending him for two weeks was no action really whether or not they knew of his guilt, if they did then they are scum of the highest order.

see my post #66 above

I understand your point but I think the element of pre-meditation and planning in Johnson's actions make them worthy of a decent stretch inside. If you change "professional footballer" in the story to "Top of the Pops DJ" I suspect he would be facing even more opprobrium.

Yes, see where you're coming from Jean. I guess if it's 10 and he serves 5 that would probably seem about right.

Archived