onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adam Johnson and sex charge

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

I note the main Sunderland message board has put a ban on discussion of this and while the trial is ongoing, I don't blame them for that. I do agree with the sentiments in this blog though.

KGtklaL.png

What Johnson did and eventually admitted to is disgraceful and the court will deal with him in due course, I disagree with the Sunderland supporter who says that the girl was a victim, if she deliberately set out to dupe the club to let her in and then let a man who she would have known was older than her and if she knew she was underage then she should have to take some of the responsibility,and she should have told Johnson to clear off.

What Johnson did and eventually admitted to is disgraceful and the court will deal with him in due course, I disagree with the Sunderland supporter who says that the girl was a victim, if she deliberately set out to dupe the club to let her in and then let a man who she would have known was older than her and if she knew she was underage then she should have to take some of the responsibility,and she should have told Johnson to clear off.

The age of consent is 16. As far as the law is concerned a person is no in a position to consent or otherwise before that age so the responsibility rests with Johnson. The law will deal with him appropriately but I can only think that any bloke who goes out on the pull, picks up an underage lass and misbehaves with her whilst leaving his partner and four week old child at home is nothing but a scumbag.

Its not against the law to leave your your partner and child at home and go on the pull its a morality problem and he is a scumbag and deserves everything he gets.

The Girl also must have known what she was getting up to, getting off with a premier league footballer she was old enough and obviously daft enough to get into the situation she found herself in, she could have told him in the club she entered illegally to get lost and leave her alone.

Interesting to see what happens in light of the recent case involving the Dragons Den chap. He did pick the girl up from school at one point... but said he didn't know she was underage!

Difficult position for Sunderland. Do you keep playing someone if they deny the allegations? - which I assume he did at the time.

Johnson is scum regardless of the girl being underaged.

Its not against the law to leave your your partner and child at home and go on the pull its a morality problem and he is a scumbag and deserves everything he gets.

The Girl also must have known what she was getting up to, getting off with a premier league footballer she was old enough and obviously daft enough to get into the situation she found herself in, she could have told him in the club she entered illegally to get lost and leave her alone.

But the whole point surely is to protect her from herself as well as from others? You don't blame a child for doing something stupid that an adult takes advantage of.

I never suggested it was against the law.

All of that is irrelevant. The age of consent is 16 and the responsibility is on the bloke in such circumstances. Also, he has admitted he knew she was 15.

Perhaps a good chat up line for blokes to avoid such issues in the future would be "So how did you get on in your GCSEs pet?"

The point of the law on this is that as a child she doesn't have the wherewithall to make those sort of decisions..hence the law is there to protect her and put the onus on adults who should know what they are doing. No one is saying she did not know what she was 'getting up to' etc. but that due to being a CHILD she does not have what is needed to make such decisions sensibly and responsibly. What you claim she could have done is what an ADULT would sensibly do if she did not want the attention..she was/is a child so should not be expected to behave as an adult..that's sort of the point.

Why am I not surprised that a child is being (at least partially) blamed by some for what happened :(

The age of consent is 16. As far as the law is concerned a person is no in a position to consent or otherwise before that age so the responsibility rests with Johnson. The law will deal with him appropriately but I can only think that any bloke who goes out on the pull, picks up an underage lass and misbehaves with her whilst leaving his partner and four week old child at home is nothing but a scumbag.

Responsilbility, both legally and morally does and must always remain with the adult--I can have no sympathy with Johnson and undoubtedly if found guilty, shouldn't be allowed to get back into football.

another case of Richard ruling head ,all his attention should have been to his partner and their birth of their child but common sense and overpaid sportsmen don't always go hand in hand, I've no sympathy for him but my sympathy goes towards the young lady and their child,he's ruined her life as well as his own, the sweet young thing who went along with the attention given will be shown as the victim and for that he wants bricking.

I can't believe you're holding the kid to blame for this and calling her stupid. If you had a kid and her teacher had sex with her, would it be her fault? Being a famous footballer puts him in a position where young girls will look up to him, just as they do with pop stars etc. He took advantage of that. You get some proper twisted arguments when cases like this come up.

I can't believe you're holding the kid to blame for this and calling her stupid. If you had a kid and her teacher had sex with her, would it be her fault? Being a famous footballer puts him in a position where young girls will look up to him, just as they do with pop stars etc. He took advantage of that. You get some proper twisted arguments when cases like this come up.

I am NOT holding the girl totally responsible for this situation, manipulative maybe, I dont believe she is an innocent naive little girl. I have NOT called her stupid, daft is the word I used,if you had read my posts you will see that I have said Johnson is a disgrace and that I hope the courts deal with him appropriately especially since I have learned that he groomed her on the internet,that was a point I wasnt aware of.

Once again,just so the discussion is not twisted .........Johnson is a scumbag and a disgrace and I hope the court throw the book at him.

Archived