onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Safest job in football?

Eddie Hitler

Given Smurf's loss of interest in the Club and the likely sale of some of the business, I reckon that Page must be immune from the sack until any deal is done.

Smurf ain't going to cough-up any pay-off and so can we look forward to more ***** on the pitch until a new owner takes over?

:doh::doh::doh:

Advert

4200 locals turned up for the last home game in the worst league 1 i can ever remember.

We were 5 points off the play offs.

Some poster called our football "Turgid"

Pretty much sums it up.

Rob Page is the most negative manager in my lifetime.

We arent "punching above our weight" given Walsall, Gillingham, Burtons position.

Attendances in the early and mid 2000s were around 4000 in the same division because we were drifting without going anywhere.

Same reason attendances are falling now.

Wouldnt it be nice if Page, with these two new signings, went at teams for the last four months?!

I won't hold my breath.

I have enjoyed the vast majority of home game this season because we have won the majority of them,under Adams' hoof ball it was depressing to say the least.

What would the gates have been with Adams losing virtually game at home but picking points up away ?

It doesnt seem to matter what Page says or does he gets hammered,considering who his paymaster is he's doing ok,especially when you take into consideration Smurfs signings have pulled no trees up whatsoever.

I didn't want Page get the managers job, but he did, and I still support the lads because Vale is my club. Im paying £600plus next season for me and my 2 kids to have season tickets because Vale is my club regardless if Page is still in charge next season or not. Yes, we definatley could perform better away from home and im as gutted as anyone we didn't get to play Liverpool in 3rd round, but that's not just Vale, its football. Were doing ok under Page, so lets give him a break. I bet Crewe, Oldham n Colchester wish they were in Vales position.

I didn't want Page get the managers job, but he did, and I still support the lads because Vale is my club. Im paying £600plus next season for me and my 2 kids to have season tickets because Vale is my club regardless if Page is still in charge next season or not. Yes, we definatley could perform better away from home and im as gutted as anyone we didn't get to play Liverpool in 3rd round, but that's not just Vale, its football. Were doing ok under Page, so lets give him a break. I bet Crewe, Oldham n Colchester wish they were in Vales position.

Interesting that Vale fans look down for comparison and not up.

It's like things ain't good but things could be so much *****r.

Ok. Let's look up.Walsall have been making steady progress for several years in Div 1. Smith did a good job over several seasons and it is a well run club.

Burton is another well run club and the basis of this team was put in place by Rowlett. He is now managing in the Championship. Page took over from Adams. He is currently out of work.

Gillingham have some good players. Even Loft can't get in the team regularly.( He would still walk into our team!) .I don't think their budget will be very different from Vales.

So we are halfway in the league, playing better football than in recent seasons. Could we be doing better? Of course but all the criticism is unjustified.

The Doncaster fan asked about the game tonight had an interesting view on Vale:

Port Vale seem to be one of those sides you wouldn’t write off and expect to beat easily. They’ve had some good wins so far this season and a draw against Bradford at the weekend was a very good result,

So a team who are beneath us see us as a side you 'wouldn't write off' and a draw at home against 10-men Bradford, a team who are 1 place above us, is seen as a 'very good result'.

Everytime I look at the top 3 of our League I question why it isn't us up there.

Then I come back to reality and remember that I have to accept mid-table nothingness to be a proper fan.

UTV.

The Doncaster fan asked about the game tonight had an interesting view on Vale:

Port Vale seem to be one of those sides you wouldn’t write off and expect to beat easily. They’ve had some good wins so far this season and a draw against Bradford at the weekend was a very good result,

So a team who are beneath us see us as a side you 'wouldn't write off' and a draw at home against 10-men Bradford, a team who are 1 place above us, is seen as a 'very good result'.

Everytime I look at the top 3 of our League I question why it isn't us up there.

Then I come back to reality and remember that I have to accept mid-table nothingness to be a proper fan.

UTV.

I bet Sheff Utd, Wigan, Coventry, Bradford even Portsmouth and Plymouth in the league below also question why it's not them as well. All of whom have either much more money or a much bigger fanbase.

Archived