onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Liverpool 2 Exeter 2...

Davebrad

Advert

This 'Match' just about summed up PL clubs attitude to the FA Cup.More of a hindrance than anything,will be interesting to see how many other PL clubs turn their youth teams out?

The attitude of the top/most Premier league clubs to the FA Cup disappoints me also, easy fix though is to make the winners automatic qualifiers to the Champions League, they's soon change their tune.

How I see a cup is that it's a cup and a trophy for the players play for regardless which tournament it is but the PL has done this for years and it's a disgrace any player playing professionally should be able play more than 2 games a week hell if I was getting the wage they get I'd play everyday

How I see a cup is that it's a cup and a trophy for the players play for regardless which tournament it is but the PL has done this for years and it's a disgrace any player playing professionally should be able play more than 2 games a week hell if I was getting the wage they get I'd play everyday

With the TV money going through the roof next season everything else takes second place to the PL.

Exactly!Really annoying, as I'm certain Vale could have beaten this Liverpool side at Vale Park. Fair play to Exeter and good luck to them at Anfield:yes:

I take it you didn't go to the game away to Exeter in which they played the same Port Vale side off the park?

They were excellent on the day in what was like a Cup final for them, and Liverpool didn't look like getting anything from the game when they actually equalized. On a bigger pitch I'd expect the same Liverpool team to win the game comfortably at Anfield in the return fixture, but all the credit goes to Exeter holding a Liverpool side that had Benteke in it and a couple of youngsters like Smith who will probably feature for the 1st team very soon with all the injuries Liverpool have currently.

I thought the game showed what happens when you rely too much on inexperienced players. The Liverpool squad contained lots of really talented individuals but they didn't really play as a team. Exeters team had a blend of youth and experience, they played more for each other. Ths is the problem with relying too much on youth, they can do the flicks and tricks but they haven't the experience to deal with the physical side of the game and they aren't used to having to make the right decision at the faster pace of an adult game.

I'm not sure the Liverpool team that played again Exeter did have a lot of really talented individuals. Out of the 11 that started only Smith, Brannigan and Texiera could possibly have some sort of future at Liverpool.

Liverpool certainly need a better keeper to challenge Mignolet for the jersey than Bogdan, who is nowhere near the required standard.

I'm not sure the Liverpool team that played again Exeter did have a lot of really talented individuals. Out of the 11 that started only Smith, Brannigan and Texiera could possibly have some sort of future at Liverpool.

Liverpool certainly need a better keeper to challenge Mignolet for the jersey than Bogdan, who is nowhere near the required standard.

Benteke?

Benteke?

I thought he was too obvious to mention. Not sure Klopp is convinced by him though. He likes forwards with plenty of movement and I don't think Benteke is mobile enough for his liking. Liverpool certainly don't play to his strengths either - He must have been licking his lips at some of the balls Exeter were putting into the box!

Archived