onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A striker on the way in???

melv

Advert

Many people suggested it was a concern that page forgot to spend his budget on any strikers at the start of the season, and we would be in trouble when Ache went back. At least we have four keepers though. Its amazing how big the squad is, that we can be short on players in certain areas.

All this talk about a striker from fans and in particular Page.

Youve gotta be pretty ****** off if you are JJ Hooper.

I find Pages treatment of particular players pretty disgraceful.

Spot on! To top it off in the last home game AJ comes off injured and what does he do? Put Colin Daniel up front on his own. Priceless! If Colin Daniel is better centre forward than JJ then I'm sorry he's in the wrong profession. JJ confidence must be shot to pieces

We should go for quality and look at up and coming PL players,it seems to be working for Coventry.

I think Joe Dodoo will be worth a shot, can play on the wing too which could come handy, as also there's no natural cover for Moore now Birchall's out. Leicester aren't in any need of any strikers at the moment with Vardy, Ulloa and Okazaki e.t.c and with kramaric not getting near the team, and they've signed Gray from Birmingham so look ok on the wings too.

Quote Originally Posted by colin View Post

Leicester's Joe Dodoo returned back from his loan spell at Bury, he can play on the wing or in a more central role. Scored a hatrick in the league cup and won a couple of MOTM awards at Bury.

Funnily enough he's Leicester's highest goal scorer in all competitions after Vardy and Mahrez

He scored goals for fun in Leicester city's reserves as well and already made his premier league debut. Decent prospect for the future to watch out for.

If we had him till the end of the season, he would only make the reserves for the first couple of months and then the bench for the last month of the season with Pages tactics.

Think Smurf will be looking at this with a chuckle. Think best chance of a striker is from RMT, ASLEF or what about a Junior Doctor.

Smurf would be looking at sunday lads and dads at trubshacross, if they still play down there. I know showing my age now.

Quote Originally Posted by colin View Post

Leicester's Joe Dodoo returned back from his loan spell at Bury, he can play on the wing or in a more central role. Scored a hatrick in the league cup and won a couple of MOTM awards at Bury.

Funnily enough he's Leicester's highest goal scorer in all competitions after Vardy and Mahrez

If we had him till the end of the season, he would only make the reserves for the first couple of months and then the bench for the last month of the season with Pages tactics.

But unlike Hooper and Campion he will have had experience in this division/above all be it only a few games, but in those games he's impressed, including a hatrick in the cup against a team at our level, whereas Hooper was coming from a lower division and Campion from the unknown, with that I don't think Page would leave him out the 18 matchday sqaud, yes I agree he seems to hold back players (Hooper, Streete, Campion, Enoch-last year) but with Dodoo proving to be effective at this level he should come in higher up the pecking order.

JJ has really made a case for a first team start with his performance against Wigan reserves I think. Or not.

Could you comment on his performance against Wigan reserves, were you at the game or are you just looking at the result, if you were at the game fair play, what did he do wrong.

I didn't realise we rated players on one bad performance in the reserves now.....

Some classic examples why ovf is a complete joke these days on this thread.

Sorry Gupps, OVF is a social media platform for all things Port Vale. Perhaps your criticism was meant for certain posters? Yes? No?

Archived