onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Top 3 Vale moments.

Spunk Trumpet

1 - McPhee's winner at home against Tranmere 03/04 to keep us in with a shout.

2 - Being 1-0 up with not long left at Spurs 06/07 (I think).

3 - 5-1 Against Grimsby, 03/04, Bridgey getting the pick of the bunch.

Christ Burt. I can tell youre a "Young un"!!:D

Advert

1/ Beating bristol Rovers in the play offs.

2/ Beating Blackpool the cup holders.

3/ Being the first third division club to play in the F.A. cup semi finals. It was against West Brom at Aston Villa when they were robbed by the ref who was afterwards suspended by the F.A..

Ronnie allen (ex Vale) pulled Tom Cheadle's shirt down to prevent him from heading off the line to save the goal.

I saw all those games too, hope you dont mind a little correction, Millwall were the first 3South team to reach the semis in 1937, Vale were the first 3North team. The other ref mistakes were the penalty outside the box given to WBA, and Albert Leakes second goal which was given offside. I often wonder what would have happened in the replay at Stoke.

1. Robbie Earle scoring in front of 7000 Vale fans at the Victoria ground ( biggest mental of my life )

2. Vale beating Spurs ( hated the game itself, loved the result and what it did for us as a club.

3.Vale 2 Halifax 1 1983 ( Vale were second and i had never seen Vale sitting on top of a league, we were 1-0 down at half time, and came back to win 2-1 Every car that past me all the way to Silverdale peeped its horn ! )

I saw all those games too, hope you dont mind a little correction, Millwall were the first 3South team to reach the semis in 1937, Vale were the first 3North team. The other ref mistakes were the penalty outside the box given to WBA, and Albert Leakes second goal which was given offside. I often wonder what would have happened in the replay at Stoke.

Correct. And the cup final that year between W.Brom and Luton was pathetic. Vale would easily have beaten any of them.

Stockport 0 Vale 2 to gain promotion in the early 80's. The useless Jim Steel scored both, but Bob Newton terrorised the defence and keeper (literally).

Robbie Earle scoring against Stoke in the 1-1 at the Victoria Ground in the early 90s. Mental.

Vale beating Ipswich 5-0 on a new years day in the early 90s. Pure footballing class.

Impossible to pick 3.

The above are spot on but I don't think anyone has yet mentioned the 3-2 victory at Derby in the Cup.

The 4-0 at Huddersfield was good, as was the 6-1 at Fulham when the fantastic Andy Jones was in his pomp.

I think, of them all, the Robbie Earle goal to seal promotion back to the old Div 1 would be my number one choice but it's virtually impossible to pick out three - so many memories.

[How about another thread on the worst moments?!!;)]

Guest valiant1876

1. win sjoke 3-1 in cup

2. win everton2-1 in cup

3. ldv

theres prob better but im younger than some

1. Vale beating Spurs. I'll never see a game to beat that one in terms of the result.

2. The draw at Liverpool. (I'll quickly forget the replay score.)

3. Beating Stoke in the cup.

Bubbling under:

* Playoff win against Bristol Rovers.

* Robbie Earle's goal at Stoke, 1989.

* Equaliser at Hull in the Cup, 1977 (Ken Beamish?) put keeper and ball into the net and the ref gave it.

* Beating Burnley 2-1 in the next round.

* 4-4 draw against Villa in about 1972.

Edit: I just remembered; coming back from 3-0 down at home to Grimsby to win 4-3.

Impossible to pick 3.

The above are spot on but I don't think anyone has yet mentioned the 3-2 victory at Derby in the Cup.

Probably the most exciting game ever.

Add that to the Bristol Rovers play off home leg and Foyles second v The Lardies.

Wasnt Futchers volley in the 6-0 over Cardiff, with Robbie bettering it a few minutes later?

Edit: I just remembered; coming back from 3-0 down at home to Grimsby to win 4-3.

That was an awful game apart from the short period (8 minutes?) when we scored all 4. I remember saying after after we pulled the first goal back that I wasnt going to clap until we scored the fourth.:D

Archived