onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Top 3 Vale moments.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

Either that Nick, or possibly a 5-1 win against Chesterfield just days later?

Not too sure but I think I have it on Tape somewhere.

We beat Cardiff 6-1, I got ejected at 0-0 for singing sheep shaggers:(, but saw Futchers volley from my cell:), then 3 days later we beat Chesterfield 5-0....promotion year.

I think all those games that were mentioned impacted on me as a supporter because when I first starting to support them in the late 60's I along with most Vale fans had to go through 20 years to get to those 'highs' and I find this thread very sad because all those or most were with one man in charge of the club....and I think its going to be a very long time before we taste those scenes again....if only!!!!

I think all those games that were mentioned impacted on me as a supporter because when I first starting to support them in the late 60's I along with most Vale fans had to go through 20 years to get to those 'highs' and I find this thread very sad because all those or most were with one man in charge of the club....and I think its going to be a very long time before we taste those scenes again....if only!!!!

Yes but that man was a ****....even worse than the ***** we have now!!! Different era, when you made money from selling players and Rudge was god.

Yes but that man was a ****....even worse than the ***** we have now!!! Different era, when you made money from selling players and Rudge was god.

Was he really.............Did he build the ground we see today? Did he spend his own money on players and back his manager?Did he bring success Bratt can only dream about? Dont forget he owned the club and was caught out with Bosman..... Yes he had his faults,we all know that, but I knew where he was coming from, this lot are an insidious horrible bunch of cretins and I dont trust them at all.

Dont forget the campaign that Oliver ran to oust Bell when in effect he hasnt improved the club one iota since V2001 took over ===

Wasnt Futchers volley in the 6-0 over Cardiff, with Robbie bettering it a few minutes later?

I think the Futcher volley he is on about was against West Brom at home.

First home game after we got promoted against Bristol Rovers.

Could be wrong - just going off the description of the goal.

Here's 3 obscure ones for you.

1. Jeffers running down the tunnel at half time in the FA Cup v Stoke at home. The ref had only blown for a free kick.

2. THAT Dean Glover own goal at home to Ipswich.

3. Away at Notts Co (2-2). The Tony Kelly Show. Hit a sublime free kick into the top corner and then picked out the most outrageous pass which, at first, appeared to be heading straight for their keeper but, when it hit the grass, it spun at 90 degrees right along the six yard line - he was on a completely different wave-length to everyone else that bloke.

1) Beating Spurs

2) The Everton 2-2 game what a journey to get back to London after the game what could go wrong did go wrong think i got home about 4am

3) For some reason the Aston Villa game at Vale park in Division 3 i think it was an Easter Bank holiday Vale where 2 nil up and the ref must have played 8 minutes injury time we drew 2-2 Biggest away support apart from Sjoke i have seen at Vale pk.

Either that Nick, or possibly a 5-1 win against Chesterfield just days later?

Not too sure but I think I have it on Tape somewhere.

No we beat Cardiff 6-1 on the Saturday and then Chesterfield 5-0 (Beckford 3 and Gary Ford 2) on the Monday or Tuesday.

I only know as I said in an earlier thread as I was mascot for the Chesterfield game and thought I had missed out on a great result after the Cardiff win only to see us marmalise them!!

Got a picture with Ron Futcher and his head is bigger than my entire body (its like Mr. Potato Head, lumps and bumps everywhere)!

Here's 3 obscure ones for you.

1. Jeffers running down the tunnel at half time in the FA Cup v Stoke at home. The ref had only blown for a free kick.

Watched that match back a couple of weeks ago and he just disappeared.

As he said on the Central News coverage prior to the Autoglass win he was more the 'Entertainments Manager' than anything else!

Archived