onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Top 3 Vale moments.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

1.beating stoke 3-1 in the fa cup

2.first time at wembley 2-1 against stockport in the autoglass.

these two games fullfilled my dads dreams, before sadly he passed away later that year

3. liverpool away 2-2 in carling cup.. WOW what support we took there that night.

could have given a top ten, so many great memories

No we beat Cardiff 6-1 on the Saturday and then Chesterfield 5-0 (Beckford 3 and Gary Ford 2) on the Monday or Tuesday.

I only know as I said in an earlier thread as I was mascot for the Chesterfield game and thought I had missed out on a great result after the Cardiff win only to see us marmalise them!!

Got a picture with Ron Futcher and his head is bigger than my entire body (its like Mr. Potato Head, lumps and bumps everywhere)!

I have it in my head that the Chesterfield goalie claimed in the press that there was no-way Vale would put 6 past him.......he then got booked for time-wasting at 5-0?

1) Play-off final v Bristol Rovers 88/89

2) Spurs in the FA Cup, 2-1 win at Vale Park

3) I'm torn between Brighton away in 94 or Stoke at home in the FA Cup when we won 3-1

I'd also like to add being mascot with my brother against Leeds, in our first season back in the old Division Two (Championship for you kids).

Slightly more obscure, but great nevertheless....

1.)What year was it when we beat Southampton in the cup, they were a prem team with Le Tiss, Dave Beasant in the side. 14k at vale park, they brought a couple of hundrad stuck away in the railway stand and we had both ends. That was a good night.

2.)West Brom, orange ball

3.)When we demolished Charlton at the vally

I might be wrong but wasnt this against Wimbledon?? :unsure:

No it was the first home game back in the old Second Division (1989-90 season) (championship) versus West Bromwich Albion. Vale beat them 2-1 but cant remember who scored the other goal. It was a sunny day and a great victory.:yes:

Slightly more obscure, but great nevertheless....

2.)West Brom, orange ball

That was a p*sser. The ball was flat so they had to pump it up before play could go on. :)

Didn't we win it 2-1?

I like to keep reminding that lot I work with (who are all Albion fans) of Vale's performances against them.

I tend to forget the playoff final and the FA Cup semi (the latter was before I was born anyway).

1, vale beating everton in the cup

2, autoglass trophy final

3, vale beating stoke at the victoria ground 1-0 cant remember the year was only young and foyle scoring with his head makes it special cause i was in the boothen end with my aunt and uncle who are stoke fans and listening to all the stoke fans going mental cause we won won haha

Archived