onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Top 3 Vale moments.

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

i have to go with the majority i am affraid......

everton away (stuk in the everton stand..v comfortable) and the followin home match......awesome!!!

huddersfield away to stay up

barnet at home 6 - 0.......whoever there FATnak keeper was he is still my hero

oooo or a late entry beating crystal palce in extra time to set the everton game up (in thick fog) putting the radio on after to here George andrews commentry after the game......."what a goal!!...right out of the blue......and he waccked it in.......rudgey thru his hat in the air and i nearly caught it!!!""

in fact most george andrews classic commentry moments still make me laugh

"""hard and looooooowwwwww .................over the bar!!!!!"""

bring him back!!

im embarased for myself!!

1, simply and truly my happiest memory in football was vale beating stoke 3-1 in the fa cup, it was the first time i'd seen vale beat them in a competative game

2, beating everton at home...possibly the best performance ive ever seen from a vale side...i believe at that time of that particular season we were better than most of the teams in the premiership

3, brighton away just edges it over the bristol rovers play off final...thousands of vale fans taking that huge trip down south, almost as if we were going the just for the party as we knew we we're to win

Slightly more obscure, but great nevertheless....

1.)What year was it when we beat Southampton in the cup, they were a prem team with Le Tiss, Dave Beasant in the side. 14k at vale park, they brought a couple of hundrad stuck away in the railway stand and we had both ends.

we stood on the Hamil that night - the atmosphere was absolutely pumping. Possibly the loudest I can remember us being at home

1, vale beating everton in the cup

2, autoglass trophy final

3, vale beating stoke at the victoria ground 1-0 cant remember the year was only young and foyle scoring with his head makes it special cause i was in the boothen end with my aunt and uncle who are stoke fans and listening to all the stoke fans going mental cause we won won haha

Had to listen to the win at Stoke from my cell as got arrested before the game.....could hear the Vale fans outsinging the Stoke fans throughout the game.

I really enjoyed the games at the Vic

One of the best moments was Steino missing a pen in front of the Vale Fans

One of the lads with us had just brought a pie and hadn't taken a bite out of it at the point of the miss - we wouldn't let him eat at as it was a lucky pie. He held it all through the match which I think we won one nil

I really enjoyed the games at the Vic

One of the best moments was Steino missing a pen in front of the Vale Fans

One of the lads with us had just brought a pie and hadn't taken a bite out of it at the point of the miss - we wouldn't let him eat at as it was a lucky pie. He held it all through the match which I think we won one nil

We did....Van Der Laan.

We did....Van Der Laan.

ahh that game they kept us in for an age after the game. I remember a Vale Fan climbing a floodlight and giving it large to the Sjokeys on their way home.

I also remember the players hanging out of the dressing room windows and waving their tops at us.

I'm sure that either Porter or Van ders said in an article or an interview that the fans were a real bonus for them that game as alls they could hear from the changing rooms was us lot singing

some great memories in this thread, unforgettable matches, great goals from great players, whether we won or lost these are all what makes being a vale fan worthwhile. it does become a way of life, i cant remember anytime when the vale didnt have an influence on me.Andy Jones was great but Martin Foyle will always be for me one of the truely outstanding players I have seen. my 3 pick of the crop matches would be

1 - beating Stoke 3-1 , just unbelievable

2- play off final win against Bristl Rovers, vale park was rocking that day

3- beating Tottenham, many other great games to choose from but this was for me the game that finally got recognition for Rudgie and set us up for years to come

ahh that game they kept us in for an age after the game. I remember a Vale Fan climbing a floodlight and giving it large to the Sjokeys on their way home.

I also remember the players hanging out of the dressing room windows and waving their tops at us.

I'm sure that either Porter or Van ders said in an article or an interview that the fans were a real bonus for them that game as alls they could hear from the changing rooms was us lot singing

kept us in a very long time. at this game heard one of those comments that have stuck with me, old chap must of been around 80 didnt understand why they kept is in so long and eventually shouted to a copper "we live in the same street as them we not going to hurt them"

Well.........

No.1. Beating Stoke in the Cup, Monday night at Vale Park, in 70 mph winds. My cousin (exiled: looks out for both local teams) saw 2 European Cup wins with Nottingham Forest, but says that was the best game he ever saw. (He was being a neutral in the Bycars End; I was not being one, in the Railway Paddock.)

No. 2 Crewe Alex away, night match recently when we were already doomed to drop into this division; 900 Vale fans, joining in with the locals' 'Going Down' chants and, presumably, making them wonder what you have to do to shut Vale fans up; winning the game; that feeling that our club's special, over and above the ups and downs.

No. 3 (or maybe No 1, thinking about it) Bristol Rovers away, play-off semi-final, 1989: the drawn game meaning, for the first time, that we really were odds-on to go up.

No. 3

some great memories in this thread, unforgettable matches, great goals from great players, whether we won or lost these are all what makes being a vale fan worthwhile. it does become a way of life, i cant remember anytime when the vale didnt have an influence on me.Andy Jones was great but Martin Foyle will always be for me one of the truely outstanding players I have seen. my 3 pick of the crop matches would be

1 - beating Stoke 3-1 , just unbelievable

2- play off final win against Bristl Rovers, vale park was rocking that day

3- beating Tottenham, many other great games to choose from but this was for me the game that finally got recognition for Rudgie and set us up for years to come

I hadn't read ours when I posted mine; that's an impressive coincidence!

Archived