onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Top 3 Vale moments.

Spunk Trumpet

Touching on something that Bluedevil said in the Liverpool thread, what are your top 3 Vale moments?

It will also deflect some of the political toss which we are all getting sick and tired of im sure.

Mine are..

3) Huddersfield 3-4 Vale. FA Cup 1st round.

3-1 down with 8 minutes left i think. The most unlikely comeback and just an unbelievable mental went Rico hit the winner.

We have had more high profile days but arguably none so unexpected.

2) Vale 1-0 Bristol Rovers. Playoff final 2nd leg

I was only 9 at the time but remember it really clearly. The lap of honour at the end was amazing with people all around me with proud tears rolling down their face.

1) Everton 2-2 Vale. FA Cup 4th round.

I value this game as my top moment as a Vale supporter, just because of the flood of emotions in that last 2 minutes. A big bruising guy sitting next to me had tears in his eyes when we conceded in the last minute. We all thought it was over. Deflated wasnt the word. Then we had Bogies equaliser.

I have the scar on my shin to this day but didnt feel any pain until about 8 that night, when the adrenaline had probably worn off!!

From the lowest low to the highest high in 2 minutes. Unbelievable stuff.

There are so many great afternoons and evenings we have had in the past. How about the local derbies? So many to choose from.

What are your top 3?

Discuss.

Advert

The Spurs FA Cup win will always be my favourite as it was the first time I'd seen us do something exceptional.===

The FA Cup 3-1 victory over Stoke would be next===

The first day out at Wembley winning the Autoglass would then be a very close third===

Guest Secure Identity

Lee Mills injury time equaliser vs Stoke.

Foyle sealing the FA Cup win.

Running onto the pitch at Brighton at the final whistle with my brother and old man.

Great to see a football thread. Let's hope some young supporter discovers a top Vale moment this season.

3) Autoglass Trophy at Wembley

2) Bogie's equaliser at Goodison

1) McCarthy's winner v Everton at Vale Park.

Special mention to Steve Guppy's debut v Millwall - never have I seen a player control a match in such a way.

1) The 3-1 win over stoke in the pouring rain (was that the FA cup) when their clownish forward couldn't get it in after rounding the keeper.

2) Big Ken Monkau whacking the ball upfield but only getting it as far as the onrushing Andy Porter two feet away, and Monkau ending up stunned at Porter's determination to charge the ball down

3) 4-0 at Huddersfield last game of the season to stay up and stoke going down to the third tier the same day

4) Ron Futcher bringing the ball under control on the edge of the box, back to goal, then swivelling to voley in

5) Neil Aspin's 2000 yard run to crash it into the top corner.

Top three done.

1/ Beating bristol Rovers in the play offs.

2/ Beating Blackpool the cup holders.

3/ Being the first third division club to play in the F.A. cup semi finals. It was against West Brom at Aston Villa when they were robbed by the ref who was afterwards suspended by the F.A..

Ronnie allen (ex Vale) pulled Tom Cheadle's shirt down to prevent him from heading off the line to save the goal.

I could probably go for a top 50 but 3 that spring to mind for me are

1)Liverpool Away - my first ever away game. I remember being sat at Anfield and then when the Vale Fans started singing I just sat there thinking "wow"

2)Stoke 3-1 in the FA Cup. My first experience of beating them at VP. A great night and a great atmosphere

3) Beating Stockport in the Autoglass. Our first Wembley victory

Guest Secure Identity

3/ Being the first third division club to play in the F.A. cup semi finals. It was against West Brom at Aston Villa when they were robbed by the ref who was afterwards suspended by the F.A..

Ronnie allen (ex Vale) pulled Tom Cheadle's shirt down to prevent him from heading off the line to save the goal.

Jealousy is running through my veins.

It can happen again!

Jealousy is running through my veins.

It can happen again!

I agree. It can happen again.

Just three men stand in the way.

1 - McPhee's winner at home against Tranmere 03/04 to keep us in with a shout.

2 - Being 1-0 up with not long left at Spurs 06/07 (I think).

3 - 5-1 Against Grimsby, 03/04, Bridgey getting the pick of the bunch.

Guest pastordavid

Liverpool draw 0-0 away and the replay lost 2-1 with a crowd of !!!!50,000.

Liverpool 2-2 in Milk Cup

beating Sunderland in FA Cup 3-1 on a wet night with Ken Hancock injuring himself by clattering with a post.

Spurs 2-1

loads more or am I getting too old or are the bloggers too young?

Nice thoughts

Archived