onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reserves today

werstayinup

Didn't Campion shine in the reserves? Not to be negative but it's a whole different kettle of fish from 1st team football. That said Vale's options are limited up front so got to be worth a 30 minute spell off the bench at least....

I think the point is, nobody is shining up front for the Vale at the moment. JJ is quick and can finish. Given that Vale will probably be playing on the break, that is exactly what we need up front!

Advert

If O'Connor hadn't got injured Andoh would never have been given a run of games....Campion never got a run of games with Page saying something

trite about reserve football and men's football despite Campion scoring for fun and being 24 years old 6'2" and one of the quickest at the club...now

JJ Hooper 22 years old 6'1" and another goal machine can't get game time......the common factor all were seemingly signed by Smurf.

Page would rather play Daniel signed as a utility wing back or a lightweight non- goal scoring attacking midfielder AJ upfront than give Hooper a game.

You would think that Page would give JJ a chance, what has he got to lose, if he has a good game it obviously helps his cause, if he is out of his depth then he could say I told you so. Definitely think the Maidenhead game is the one to let him off the leash.

If O'Connor hadn't got injured Andoh would never have been given a run of games....Campion never got a run of games with Page saying something

trite about reserve football and men's football despite Campion scoring for fun and being 24 years old 6'2" and one of the quickest at the club...now

JJ Hooper 22 years old 6'1" and another goal machine can't get game time......the common factor all were seemingly signed by Smurf.

Page would rather play Daniel signed as a utility wing back or a lightweight non- goal scoring attacking midfielder AJ upfront than give Hooper a game.

I agree with you mate. I think he should of played against Maidenhead utd last Sunday. He would of been playing against teams who he was scoring for fun against last season. Page is too stubborn to pick. Hope he watched the Chesterfield vs FC United on Monday night. 19 year old up front for Chesterfield sealed the win for them.

Just to add Chesterfield have 4 or 5 players in their first that have been in non league football

I would like to qualify the position re JJ

Yes l signed him and inturn instructed Rob to keep him under the radar until his compensation had been decided by tribunal

Clearly if he had come straight into the 1st team with regular starts that would of driven the fee way beyond the 7k i had to pay

Yes l signed him and inturn instructed Rob to keep him under the radar until his compensation had been decided by tribunal

Clearly if he had come straight into the 1st team with regular starts that would of driven the fee way beyond the 7k i had to pay

Not sure if it's wise to publicise this though...

That really makes sense and hopefully the club can now see the lad progress carefully.

Page didn't play Andoh last season, so I don't hold much hope in him playing Hooper much this season. Didn't Michael Owen break into the Liverpool team at 17; if he was at Vale at that age, Page would even have kept him in the reserves. I'm completely demoralised by the manager after Sunday to be honest.

Page didn't play Andoh last season, so I don't hold much hope in him playing Hooper much this season. Didn't Michael Owen break into the Liverpool team at 17; if he was at Vale at that age, Page would even have kept him in the reserves. I'm completely demoralised by the manager after Sunday to be honest.[/quote

And the England team at 17, Salford had a 17 year old in the team last Friday,Arsenal brought a 17 or 19 year old on a couple of games ago and he scored, this men's football none sense is a load of ******.

Very clever thinking Smurf me owd fruit but wasn't that settled before Sunday? as i think that would of been an ideal game for him.

Hopefully now though we will get to see more of him if its all done and dusted

Just to add Chesterfield have 4 or 5 players in their first that have been in non league football
The leading goalscorer, and a consistent one too, in the Prem by a mile was in Non-league just over 4 years ago. Perhaps Aspro would do some scouting for us with his non-league knowledge of strikers.

Archived