onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Shrewsbury Town 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Its a good three points and a good win.... every win is a good win... but because we won dont lets pretend problems have vanished, we didnt knock sjoke out of the cup or beat manure... we beat shrews, at home, apparently our first win in 2 months against a team who didnt even get a decent crack at goal and couldnt score if they were still playing.

Lets play well away from home, lets win away from home... lets at least show up to an away fixture before we start shouting about how we have improved.... we have cut down one tree in the forrest, we arent lumberjacks just yet

4 weeks, so less than one month, not two months

Advert

The match and result was exactly as I predicted in the pre-match thread, not because I'm psychic or a footballing genius but because it was so bleedin' obvious.

For me it's a 'bread & butter' win which you have to get if you're going to be a solid team in the division you're in. Shrewsbury look to me the sort of side that will be in and around the bottom four but could survive if they can increase their goal output. We're similar but a bit better because we have a strong midfield with strong back up, we're also very weak up front and won't 'push on' until that improves.

Thought we did well yesterday against a very poor Shrews side. I also thought the atmosphere was a little flat compared to previous games with Shrewsbury. Just two points I thought I'd make:

1) I thought you could have replaced Tootle with someone from the New Inn's second 11 and he'd of put in a better performance for them. At fault for both goals, a foul throw and totally inept performance.

2) Why did Doddsy go over to the paddock when he scored holding his ear? Was someone giving him some stick? If so why?

Before the game one of the older paddock regulars asked Doddsy if he was playing. When Doddsy said yes he shouted back that 'you didn't play last Saturday'! When Doddsy scored he ran over and blew him a kiss!

Nice to see the team solidarity but I wasn't impressed with Duffy calling the bloke a *****, he was being a bit sarcastic not nasty.

Where are all the 'Page out' brigade now?

Clinging by fingertips to his job imho on a weekly basis it was a good result against a rubbish side unlike last weeks dire result against a promotion contender wake up and look at the big picture. Survival results at a survival club with a survival mentality and a core of deluded optimists as a core fan base NO AMBITION

Clinging by fingertips to his job imho on a weekly basis it was a good result against a rubbish side unlike last weeks dire result against a promotion contender wake up and look at the big picture. Survival results at a survival club with a survival mentality and a core of deluded optimists as a core fan base NO AMBITION

It must break your heart when we win :laugh:

I was entertained. I was happy.

For 4 of our so called " best" players to be missing- Innis, Streete, Uche and Andoh I felt we were very good vale for the 3 points.

Can't for the life of me understand why Street is not in the heart of the defence because unfortunately I feel McGivern is not as good as him.

That is how you take a penalty too! If any goalie can touch a rasping drive like that then he's only going to finish up in the net too.

Balance and consistency is the thing that Page doesn't quite get right, yet but I am of the opinion we are not that far short. On any day we and other teams can beat each other. This Division is so wide open. Yes I do have my optimistic hat on after yesterday.

I was entertained. I was happy.

For 4 of our so called " best" players to be missing- Innis, Streete, Uche and Andoh I felt we were very good vale for the 3 points.

Can't for the life of me understand why Street is not in the heart of the defence because unfortunately I feel McGivern is not as good as him.

That is how you take a penalty too! If any goalie can touch a rasping drive like that then he's only going to finish up in the net too.

Balance and consistency is the thing that Page doesn't quite get right, yet but I am of the opinion we are not that far short. On any day we and other teams can beat each other. This Division is so wide open. Yes I do have my optimistic hat on after yesterday.

Agree totally although I think McGivern has improved. I think our squad is stronger than last season as had we had 4 key players players out last season we'd of probably not got the three points. The trouble is that yesterday's team won't win consistently against the top half sides unfortunately. We need all our players fit and firing to do that.

As frustrating as he can be by often passing when it's easier to shoot, I do think we look a different side with Byron Moore in the team. I do also like AJLS because he does pull defenders all over the place and we carved them open after about 15 secs but made a total mess of the finish by playing one pass too many. He also brings the best out of Dodds. I'm not convinced about McGiven at centre-half though, and can only assume it's because Streete is still not fully fit, though I'd go with him again next week. I didn't think MoC had a great game tbh and was surprised he got MOTM, personally I'd have said Grant, although he stupidly indulged the ref which the chance to book with a rash foul minutes after a ticking off.

I would say that we need to start with the same 11 next week and try and get a couple of early goals to then give Hooper and Lloyd a full 45 mins at least. I think they will struggle to cope with the forward movement and linkup between Dodds and AJLS so hopefully we can start strong. Hooper was clearly some way off the pace at Burton.

Before the game one of the older paddock regulars asked Doddsy if he was playing. When Doddsy said yes he shouted back that 'you didn't play last Saturday'! When Doddsy scored he ran over and blew him a kiss!

Nice to see the team solidarity but I wasn't impressed with Duffy calling the bloke a *****, he was being a bit sarcastic not nasty.

It's nice to see our own fans giving our teams some much needed praise.....he clearly was a *****.

Only going by radio joke commentary.

Talking of the Radio Joke commentary, I was listening to the Newcastle Stoke game on there during our match. They reckoned that Mitrovic the Serbian would understand what Wolscheid, the German, would be saying to him and they would know each other from the Budesleague where Mitrovic has never played! They also came out with that ludicrous statement again about the away seats at Newcastle being a quarter of a mile from the centre circle - they say this every year. Complete rubbish and clearly amalzingly stupid to even suggest it but it was said with all seriousness.

Sorry, I know this is off topic!

Talking of the Radio Joke commentary, I was listening to the Newcastle Stoke game on there during our match. They reckoned that Mitrovic the Serbian would understand what Wolscheid, the German, would be saying to him and they would know each other from the Budesleague where Mitrovic has never played! They also came out with that ludicrous statement again about the away seats at Newcastle being a quarter of a mile from the centre circle - they say this every year. Complete rubbish and clearly amalzingly stupid to even suggest it but it was said with all seriousness.

Sorry, I know this is off topic!

Radio Stoke in joke presentation shocker!

Archived