onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Shrewsbury Town 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Job done against a pretty dreadful side who mustered their 1st effort on goal on 86 mins.....a scuffed effort that Jak could have thrown his jockstrap on which even drew sarcastic chears from the thousa, no hundre, sorry dozens of travelling Salopians. It was actually almost a role reversal of last weeks game in terms of the performances of the 2 teams. So anyone who thinks its a superb performance needs locking up. That said, hard to be critical after a home win and clean sheet. Not entirely sure who we've got after Maidenhead, but it bound to be a much tougher test than today. We go again....

Advert

A very entertaining performance from Vale, after rotten luck left us well short of our best team.

Now isn't the time to debate whether Rob Page is going to make us a very good team, we need to get an FA Cup win, get Uche back and look towards getting a settled side now we have a fit O'Con back and hopefully find a way to replace the sparkle that Andoh brought to the side. I'd like to see Streete getting more games, but trust the manager to pick what he sees as his best team.

But things look a lot rosier after that game, and there is a lot of time left this season to really motor up that table, and hopefully put a good FA Cup run together to add a few pennies to the coffers.

A very entertaining performance from Vale, after rotten luck left us well short of our best team.

Now isn't the time to debate whether Rob Page is going to make us a very good team, we need to get an FA Cup win, get Uche back and look towards getting a settled side now we have a fit O'Con back and hopefully find a way to replace the sparkle that Andoh brought to the side. I'd like to see Streete getting more games, but trust the manager to pick what he sees as his best team.

But things look a lot rosier after that game, and there is a lot of time left this season to really motor up that table, and hopefully put a good FA Cup run together to add a few pennies to the coffers.

if you told me, we will finish around where we are now, quite a few points above the relegation zone, and had an fa cup and got to the fourth round, and played a premiership top six team at home, i would be happy with that. i dont expect us to challenge, for the playoffs, i dont no why anyone else does, this season was about stabalising.

Clouds. Take your little head out of them.

I've not once 'slated' Page. I just don't rate him at all and don't think he's the right guy to take the club forward. Beating one of the worst teams in the league doesn't suddenly change that.

Even though ""one of the worst teams in the league" we're above us in the league before today, so what does that make us.

A much needed three points, but against a side with less idea's about scoring than the Vale, glad to say.

The team worked hard against a very poor team and thought that Daniels did a good job for us.

The sheet was kept clean and the defence was fairly sound, but the test will come when they meet apponents with better forwards than Shrewsbury's .

Interesting reading the comments of others, as I thought the performance was inferior to the one against Oldham that drew so much invective on here. Also interesting that, against the team correctly (in my opinion) deemed the worst one we've seen this year, that 2 of our best 3 players played in the back 4 (Purkiss and McGivern). Onwards and upwards however, win next week and you'd say it's been a solid start to the season if you are being realistic.

Page in.

Oh, come on.

You think that winning a football match will change some people's opinion, myself included, that Page is the right man for the job? If you do then you're one fickle person.

Shrewsbury are toss, absolutely awful, and we should be beating them at Vale Park. We did the job that was required today, a good job all round, but 3 points doesn't change the fact that Page makes a lot of decisions that leave a lot of people scratching their heads.

Seems like he picked the right team this week and no substitutions to criticise! What more does he have to do? Whether Shrewsbury are "toss" or not, they were above us in the league at the start of today's game!

Sounds like we played more of a passing game without Uche and 12 shots on goal is certainly an improvement!

Archived