onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tax credits - congratulations to the House of Lords

JOHNNYAITCH

Although I disagreed with the policy and am clearly left leaning, this bill should have passed instead of allowing the anti democratic process of the House of Lords to carry on like it is. There is nothing wrong with a second house, but to have unelected peers deciding policy and law is fundamentally wrong. Which two nations have unelected religious clerics having a say on the laws that everyone must follow? UK and Iran? Ridiculous.

Advert

Although I disagreed with the policy and am clearly left leaning, this bill should have passed instead of allowing the anti democratic process of the House of Lords to carry on like it is. There is nothing wrong with a second house, but to have unelected peers deciding policy and law is fundamentally wrong. Which two nations have unelected religious clerics having a say on the laws that everyone must follow? UK and Iran? Ridiculous.

:clap:

Fair point, Howjy.

It's not a fair point though. Several times in the run up to the election, tories were asked 'are you goint to cut tax credits?' and every time their reply was 'no'. People voted tory (at least partly) because of this and it has turned out that they were just lied to. Their subsequent announcement about raising the minimum wage is irrelevant.

'Call me Dave' shouldn't have told porkies on the QT debate.He's been elected on false promises.Big mistake in my opinion,the House of Lords is putting him in his place.

tories in breaking promises non-shocker

of course politicians shouldn't go back on what they say, but **** me, if anybody voted for them and feels let down well you're thick as **** and are getting what you deserved

i don't trust the few politicians i actually like, let alone the ones that are clearly evil

The whole point of having an upper chamber is to scrutinise laws and send them back if necessary. So in my mind they're doing their job.

Here's a video of the pig****er lying through his teeth.

http://c.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/master.m3u8?videoId=4207024618 001&pubId=4221396001

I think the important words are CHILD TAX CREDITS and CHILD BENEFIT.Child benefit has not been touched and as far as I know neither has Child tax credits.

The threshold for those claiming child tax credits has been reduced by around 25%.

I do hope people remember all this in 2020 but I suspect that GO (or whoever is chancellor then) will hand a bit back and they'll forget the tory lies.

The new threshold,if implemented ,will begin in April 2016 along with the 50p per hour pay rise.

Archived