onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tax credits - congratulations to the House of Lords

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

Rob's asking for people to feedback and maybe send him a screenshot; there's a thread I started in the site comments forum. I need to go offline for a bit but if anyone on here could message him, I'm sure it'd be appreciated.

It seems to have reverted back to normal. :yes:

Me too!

Anyway, tax credits...

‘I ask him for the sixth time,’ will be the quote that finally silences the critics of Jeremy Corbyn’s PMQs performances. Because this week, Corbyn temporarily abandoned the process of asking a different question each time, instead choosing to focus on the serious issue of the cuts to tax credits. And he may have asked six times, but he certainly wasn’t answered six times.

...This government has demonstrated what it is all about now, and it can’t hide behind the “we’re for working people” line any longer: it is about cutting corporation tax for the wealthiest businesses, cutting inheritance tax for the 500 wealthiest families, celebrating the obscenely rich 1 per cent and cementing the position of the wealthy.

Even when Corbyn posed a question from a constituent named Karen, concerning the way in which she will be potentially severely affected by the tax credit cuts as a low earner, the Prime Minister could not give a straight answer. But this is unsurprising: as one SNP member pointed out later on in the proceedings, the reason David Cameron chose not to include this policy in his manifesto - and the reason he promised before the election not to do it - is because he knows if he had done, he would not have been elected. Pushing working families into poverty even goes against the most right wing Tory rhetoric about those mythical “benefit scroungers”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/the-corbyn-quote-at-pmqs-that-silenced-his-critics-once-and-for-all-a6712001.html

No I'm not. I don't think the deficit needs reducing at the same rate as your lot want.

Whatever pace it is reduced, you seem to be conceding (about time--but ahead of Mr. Corbyn + co, so some credit to you) that it does in fact need to be reduced! The country is still spending more than it's earning and whatever the timescale, it needs to pull it's horns in and reduce spending. The vast majority of people (as the general election result proves) understands this is the case. However as long as Labour continues along its path of deficit denying it will continue to be un-electable!

Whatever pace it is reduced, you seem to be conceding (about time--but ahead of Mr. Corbyn + co, so some credit to you) that it does in fact need to be reduced! The country is still spending more than it's earning and whatever the timescale, it needs to pull it's horns in and reduce spending. The vast majority of people (as the general election result proves) understands this is the case. However as long as Labour continues along its path of deficit denying it will continue to be un-electable!

Corbyn and McDonnell have both been quite open about the need to get rid of the deficit. They just think that there are other ways to do it other than with cruel ideological austerity which punishes the poorest and endangers the most vulnerable.

Corbyn and McDonnell have both been quite open about the need to get rid of the deficit. They just think that there are other ways to do it other than with cruel ideological austerity which punishes the poorest and endangers the most vulnerable.

What other methods have they suggested?.... do you suggest?

What other methods have they suggested?.... do you suggest?

I'll discuss it on a relevant thread! :razz: Suffice to say, I wouldn't be targetting the poorest.

As I have stated, we've had over 100 pages of people slating Labour/ Corbyn on the other thread, and now that the tories have monumentally screwed up, I'm not going to facilitate this thread turning in to another kicking of the Labour Party and deflecting criticism of their disgusting behaviour. Capiche?

I'll discuss it on a relevant thread! :razz: Suffice to say, I wouldn't be targetting the poorest.

As I have stated, we've had over 100 pages of people slating Labour/ Corbyn on the other thread, and now that the tories have monumentally screwed up, I'm not going to facilitate this thread turning in to another kicking of the Labour Party and deflecting criticism of their disgusting behaviour. Capiche?

You brought it up

Archived