onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tax credits - congratulations to the House of Lords

JOHNNYAITCH

Having seen some of the numbers, working tax credits do for me need be reformed.

But like the bedroom tax whilst I see the aim as valid the means/method goes too far too quickly n doesn't have enough contingency for differing circumstances...too much stick and not enough carrot

Advert

And I prefer to help the country at large rathr than sharing your foul 'I'm alright Jack' atttiude. Both me and my wife are better off under this government but we manage to see past self-interest. The local food bank is getting anything that we 'make'.

The local food bank is getting ****ed off with baked beans and sweet corn.Do you think you could see your way to dropping off a Marks and Spencer dinner for 2 ?just in the interests for a change you understand.BTW , if you were setting out a manifesto for the deficit reduction ,how would you do it and over what time period?

The local food bank is getting ****ed off with baked beans and sweet corn.Do you think you could see your way to dropping off a Marks and Spencer dinner for 2 ?just in the interests for a change you understand.

Do you have any actual experience (apart from gawping at them from your armchair) of working or interacting with the people who have been forced to resort to food banks? It is genuinely heartbreaking. Maybe you should keep your spiteful little comments to yourself until you can muster up enough empathy to realise how dispiriting it is for people to have to rely on handouts so they can feed themselves and their children. You can really come out with some pretty disgusting stuff sometimes. Like most of your ilk you find it very easy to scoff and sneer at the needy but those in power, the wealthy tax dodgers, the powerful who prey upon the vulnerable, you would never DREAM of having a go at them.

Do you have any actual experience (apart from gawping at them from your armchair) of working or interacting with the people who have been forced to resort to food banks? It is genuinely heartbreaking. Maybe you should keep your spiteful little comments to yourself until you can muster up enough empathy to realise how dispiriting it is for people to have to rely on handouts so they can feed themselves and their children. You can really come out with some pretty disgusting stuff sometimes. Like most of your ilk you find it very easy to scoff and sneer at the needy but those in power, the wealthy tax dodgers, the powerful who prey upon the vulnerable, you would never DREAM of having a go at them.

I have, I was manager of a CAB for 4 years... I will "have a go" at anyone and often have with some surprising results at times.

I'm sure it is a terrible thing but food poverty is nothing new..food banks as a solution are and also those in work suffering food poverty is also I suspect a pretty new thing. I can remember (as an example) my Auntie Nellie regularly turning up at our house in Norton on Sundays needing my Mum to help her out with some basic food for the next few days for her and her husband (neither worked for health reasons). Food banks have a part to play but we have to aim to eliminate any need for them....thru more jobs, better pay and benefits for those in genuine need that allows them to feed themselves and their families

I am confident that the vast majority using food banks are genuinely in need

Would you have mocked their needs or labelled them scum on a forum?

Scum? no... I have questioned their needs and reasoning at times but in the main a cross section of society who have fallen on difficult times and need help, which we provided free of charge despite the local council.

Not sure if I had a post deleted but as I've said before you really need to chill.There are tax dodgers all across the board.In this day and age it's disgraceful that there are food banks but years ago we helped each other and didn't make such a fuss.Keep giving to food banks mr.b,good on you for that.I don't because there is abuse of it as I've highlighted ,which is even more disgraceful.You know nothing whatsoever about me.I'll go back to looking after my 84 year old mum and 7 year old grandson aswell as myself.

Whilst I agree with what you say (albeit with the proviso that I believe the amount of people misusing food banks to be a miniscule minority, certainly in relation to the amount of press and attention they get), I do wonder what has gone wrong when people have so little self respect and self-worth to resort to accepting hand-outs. I used to work in a really impoverished area of Manchester and it felt like the whole town had just given up. Literally hopeless.

I'm sure it is a terrible thing but food poverty is nothing new..food banks as a solution are and also those in work suffering food poverty is also I suspect a pretty new thing. I can remember (as an example) my Auntie Nellie regularly turning up at our house in Norton on Sundays needing my Mum to help her out with some basic food for the next few days for her and her husband (neither worked for health reasons). Food banks have a part to play but we have to aim to eliminate any need for them....thru more jobs, better pay and benefits for those in genuine need that allows them to feed themselves and their families

I am confident that the vast majority using food banks are genuinely in need

Correct.

Archived