onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 17th Oct 2015. Port Vale v Peterborough U, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

Hopefully Oaky will be fit to replace Grant so that's not such a big loss, I think Streete was touch and go for yesterday depending on whether he was actually knocked out or not, so he should be back. We will need all our best players playing as posh are flying at the mo.

We got no chance in this one, we can't score and get destroyed on every corner plus they are very much on the up plus we are without our best player! Everyone gonna hammer me again but no chance I'm paying £22 to watch that but football is so fickle had we beat Sarfend I would have gone so this is the problem with vale and fans not wanting to go and I'm sure there's many more like me. I'm sure Hobblesworth goona be climbing on that high horse of his about this topic but it's the brutal trough of the matter that fans won't pay stupid money see a bunch that only turn up when they want which normally means against the bigger teams for vale, I honestly think a confident Posh gonna rip us a new one.

We got no chance in this one, we can't score and get destroyed on every corner plus they are very much on the up plus we are without our best player! Everyone gonna hammer me again but no chance I'm paying £22 to watch that but football is so fickle had we beat Sarfend I would have gone so this is the problem with vale and fans not wanting to go and I'm sure there's many more like me. I'm sure Hobblesworth goona be climbing on that high horse of his about this topic but it's the brutal trough of the matter that fans won't pay stupid money see a bunch that only turn up when they want which normally means against the bigger teams for vale, I honestly think a confident Posh gonna rip us a new one.

Thought you went every match?

We dont score many away from home, but at home its completely different.

3-1 vale with another excellent home performance.

Can you not comment on the post match thread then? Surely you can't have an accurate opinion without going?

...what will be the reaction when the team sheet says Birchall playing cm, who knows

I don't care if the Birchall haters have a pop at me, I said last season I thought he ought to be playing in the role that Ant Grant is playing so well. Birchall hasn't got the pace for a winger, but he has got the experience to sit in front of our defence, and isn't such a bad player as you whingers make out. And with Mo'C - hopefully - back orchestrating things, and Sam Foley in a different position, maybe Posh will have to be more worried about us, than we are about them? Andoh to score his first goal in a 2 - 0 Vale win!

Hopefully Oaky will be fit to replace Grant so that's not such a big loss, I think Streete was touch and go for yesterday depending on whether he was actually knocked out or not, so he should be back. We will need all our best players playing as posh are flying at the mo.

You will see why Duffy is having such a great season on Saturday without Grant. Duffy spends half his game covering up Dickinsons inadequacies, something Grant is currently doing.

Going to be a tough one this and without Grant marshalling the midfield even more so. I'd expect Michael Brown to come in as a straight swap and being at home we have to bring Byron back in for Birchall as well as Remi back in for McGivern.

My worries are still the same as every other game this season so far, and that's the struggle for goals means we have to keep a clean sheet to stand any chance of winning the game. Our recent defensive displays have suggested that's going to be difficult as although we are much improved at the back we still seem to be making that one mistake that leads us to losing the game.

We're desperate for a creative spark that might just help us get the ball to Uche in better areas as at the moment he's feeding off scraps and doesn't have the technique to make something for himself. This means all he can do is hope his size and strength give him enough to get a shot off but I feel the amount of teams that target him and double up on him will increase meaning whoever plays with him has to perform. I like Colin Daniel as a back up striker but his inconsistency and in truth lack of even midtable League One quality is a problem for us. If we play with Dodds off the front man he can create the odd thing but is another that is painfully inconsistent. Page doesn't seem to fancy Ajay much or Hooper at all so we've got no real option. His lack of 'want' to have a look at other formations too probably doesn't help as I think a few fans now can see the option of going with a 4-3-3 but I can't see it happening. Combinations of Andog, Moore and Dodds playing off Uche with Grant, Oaks and Foley in a midfield three (with Brown as another option or maybe even Dodds at home) would give us a more attacking look, keep the midfield solid and as long as the wide men tracked back a bit the full backs shouldn't be exposed (particulatly important on Dicko's side).

Anyways for the Posh I'd go:

.............................Alnwick............................

Purkiss.........Duffy..........Streete...............Dicko

Moore.........Brown............Foley...............Andoh

...................Dodds..........Uche........................

And I hate bringing Dodds back in but I think we may need a little more help in midfield with Grant out so Dodds does that better.

Very tough game as Peterboro r smashing.goals in for fun away exactly how Vale should be but sadly aint .

Grant out been superb that lad the midfield or defence aint the problem the goalkeeper and the other forwards bar uche r.

Bit harsh u may say about the goalie but from corners he is rooted to his line ,shot stopping alll aspects of his game fine.

The Blackpool game was so important to create that winning mentality unfortunately losing that game and the Southend game is increasing the pressure on Page and a losing mentality is emerging not enough strong characters as defeats when behind in games is becoming far to regular.

My team for posh

Alnwick

Purkiss Streete Duffy Dicko

Foley Oconnor

Moore Andoh Dodds

Uche

U could even go with this team.

Alnwick

Purkiss Streete Duffy Mcgivern Dicko

Brown Foley Oconnor

Uche Andoh

A 5 -3 -2 formation .

Id go with the top one though meself so no Daniel who is very much a Fairclough (supersub).

Andoh i believe as i was told by my portsmouth supporting m8 was our best player again v Southend ( was v Blackpool aswell and in the game v Sheffield utd ive never seen.a player work so hard for his team he is brilliant.just hope he gets his just rewards with a hat trick sat or at least one.

I don't care if the Birchall haters have a pop at me, I said last season I thought he ought to be playing in the role that Ant Grant is playing so well. Birchall hasn't got the pace for a winger, but he has got the experience to sit in front of our defence, and isn't such a bad player as you whingers make out. And with Mo'C - hopefully - back orchestrating things, and Sam Foley in a different position, maybe Posh will have to be more worried about us, than we are about them? Andoh to score his first goal in a 2 - 0 Vale win!

This. I hate seeing Birchall out on the wing as he's not got the pace for it any more, but he can certainly do a job in the middle - he did in America anyway.

why are people dropping Daniel the last home game he totally ran sheff utd into the ground i'd stick with uche and Daniel upfront the main talking point is who to bring in for grant, brown as the experience but not the pace so maybe play him for 45/50 minutes and then bring o connor on for the last 30/40 minutes. we really could do with a win with the league being so tight.

I'm not on a high horse, just pointing out facts to counter the never ending torrent of bull**** that streams from your keyboard.

If someone had attended every league home game this season, they'd have seen us get 11 points from 6 games (automatic promotion form), scoring an average of almost 2 goals per game, and would be pretty chuffed with what they'd seen and be proud of the team.

"Get destroyed on every corner". We have conceded the 5th fewest goals in the entire division.

You have already been revealed to be a liar when you state which games you attend and a fool for slating the performance against Sheffield United ("serious questions must be asked of Page again"). What kind of 'fan' decides not to attend a game because the team lost the previous game? What kind of fan gloats after a defeat, saying how glad they were to have stayed at home with some wine rather than turn up and support the lads?

Archived