onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 Millwall 2 Post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

No complaints about the result, Millwall were quality all over the pitch, could easily have been 4 after 20 minutes if not for a couple of great saves and wonderful clearance by Duffy.

Not many positives from the game apart from the goalkeeper who continues to impress as well as Purkiss, not seen a better right back than him so far in league 1.

Strange sub bringing Dodds off, not his biggest fan but looked far more dangerous than Moore who offered nothing.

A massive reality check tonight, still would have settled for this at the beginning of the season with so many changes to the team.

A bit of a reality check. Millwall are the best side I've seen this season and could have been at least four up at half time but for a couple of blinders from Alnwick and two goal line clearances. Another goal from a corner is a concern but them scoring actually helped us as they naturally dropped back a little and we at last built some pressure. But apart from Uche blazing over, we didn't create that much. We go again Saturday.

Millwall clearly did their homework on us. Disappointing to give away our unbeaten home record without a real fight, but Millwall were a good well drilled outfit, easily the best team we've played this season. Thought a few of our players looked a little disinterested at times and were guilty of trying to walk it in instead of playing a simple pass to an unmarked teammate. Any hope we had of salvaging something disappeared when Dodds and Foley went off. McCort was very disappointing and actually managed to give the ball away with every touch he had. Can't complain too much though, but the lack of decent floodlighting once again deserves a special mention.

Agree the floodlights are a disgrace and I am sur or used this has not been sorted as the Football league but be aware

A bit of a reality check. Millwall are the best side I've seen this season and could have been at least four up at half time but for a couple of blinders from Alnwick and two goal line clearances. Another goal from a corner is a concern but them scoring actually helped us as they naturally dropped back a little and we at last built some pressure. But apart from Uche blazing over, we didn't create that much. We go again Saturday.

Foley shot saved at the foot of psot

They were streets ahead of us tonight and a far better team than any others we've played to date - organised, hard-working, got behind the ball quickly and closed us down, with two big strikers and two huge centre halves. Yes, they fouled a lot and broke up the play but they thoroughly deserved to win the game and 0-2 did not flatter them at all. They should have won the game about 5-1.

How we went in at 0-0 I do not know.

I thought a lot of the Vale lads were a bit below par and jaded but take nothing away from Millwall. They were tenacious and very quick on the break. I suspect they'll be near the top of the league next May.

I felt that our lack of firepower and inexperience shone through tonight. Uche is a one trick pony and Andoh still has a lot to learn in terms of when to pass and when to run with the ball. They came up against good, determined opponents tonight and came off second best. No-one else was much better and we could have played all night without scoring, though they did improve in the second half.

You get games like this when you simply have to hold up your hands and say they were much better than us - and they were. Fair play to the Millwall team.

Beaten by a better side and a lot better at that. They were head and shoulders above us all over the pitch. It happens and we have to deal with it without a huge over reaction as I'm sure we'll get on here.

There's been no huge over reaction, everyone has acknowledged we had an off day and came up against a stronger team.

Saturday morning I would've taken a draw against each of these, so we came away from these games with 3pts which is decent. Pity takings were down with it being a week match instead of the original Saturday match and the extra fees for stewards to contain those "pwoppppa nawwty" Millwall fooligans.

Archived