onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Congratulations to Jeremy Corbyn

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

Headlines like 'Red and Buried' and 'The Death of Labour' would seem to prove me right, though I didn't say they would succeed in trying to tell people what to think and do, just that they are trying very, very hard and seem very scared of open debate. Some people will be influenced, I hope rather more will use their own judgement.

As a former Labour voter, I echo those media sentiments! Unions

If Ken Livingstone was so unpopular how did he get power in London - and George Galloway was elected as an MP more than once, Derek Hatton was also an elected person in Liverpool - regardless of how much you like or dislike their policies your statements are incorrect about popularity and sound like the bleating tabloids telling people what to think.

Ed Milliband lost votes for being insincere at times, like when he was interviewed on radio and pretended to know the name of the Swindon labour leader but was exposed as not knowing it, and also because there is still an element of residual racism and anti-Semitism in this green and partly not-so-pleasant-land. Plus the fact that he wasn't really very good at telling people what his policies actually were unfortunately.

Ive heard people saying they wouldn't vote for either of the Millibands because of these reasons, and even heard someone say they couldn't vote for Farage as his wife was German and Farage isn't a 'proper English name'. Think I'm joking ? - circulate a bit more and you'll see I am not - this sort of thing is a minority but not a tiny one.

Syriza got elected in Greece, having promised all sorts of left-wing loony ideas and the end to austerity. I suspect the electorate are now having much different thoughts after the reality of economic life caught up with Mr. Tspiras and his crew and the greeks find themselves in an even worse state than before Syriza's false promises ! The Greek electorate will have a further chance to come back to reality when they vote in the new general election on Sunday. I suspect that this time, sense will prevail!

" Our message today is in memory of those that were so tragically and brutally and horribly killed at Hiroshima and Nagasaki "

Should have told the Japs to lay down their arms and to stop being so naughty

Was there any mention of what the Japanese did to innocent families?

After the predictable hysteria has settled we will see over the coming weeks and months on the policies that the party comes up with. It is good to see that there is a broad thought in the shadow cabinet and I think that this will be constructive for creating a palatable set of principles to the wider electorate and not just the Corbynmaniacs.

I am also looking forward to the treason trial for HRH QE2 for her meetings with ‘terrorists’, dictators, dubious states and letters signed ‘your good friend’ to an early 1970’s Ugandan dictator. One which I would imagine will get overwhelming support judging by the remarks on various platforms.

I always think it’s better to view the world through both eyes.

That is 90% of us is it not? The working population........surely only the idle sponging 10% would back such a lefty loon.

ONLY the idle sponging 10%?

Most of such people might back him , and so will many of the hard working people.

Obviously the idle, sponging and wealthy right wingers who can not possibly spend all of the money that they already have will not be backing him.

It depends upon what a person wants for the population in general. Many people want a fairer more equal society.

Some people are content to live with hardly any money in the bank so long as they have food on the table and a roof above themselves and their family. Others that have millions will not be content until they double their bank balance.

Archived