onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Congratulations to Jeremy Corbyn

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

Fortunately for him AR,young people can't remember what the likes of Corbyn,Scargill,Foot etc tried to do to this country.We've,thankfully,moved on from those days.

That's down to opinion though. A lot of communities would say the same thing about thatcher too.

What I don't understand, is considering everyone thinks this is great for the Tories, why are so many getting so wound up about it.

That's down to opinion though. A lot of communities would say the same thing about thatcher too.

What I don't understand, is considering everyone thinks this is great for the Tories, why are so many getting so wound up about it.

They can probably see the disruption which will be enforced upon them by strikes.

There is a wonderful chance that policy will once again be based on the will of the people not on the spin of the politicians. Power without principles is not worth having. Cameron's contempt for the people of this country is clearly shown by the re-emergence of Rebecca as a power in the press. It is dreadful to see some of the Labour MPs showing the same contempt for the will of their own supporters. Blair went down the route of power at any price and almost destroyed his own party - certainly drove out some of its most devoted and hard working supporters. Saturday was a wonderful day - Corbyn and the Vale double. There is real hope for the future but I would not dare to predict it.

I don't mind anyone who has principles and stands by them. I just don't have to agree with them. He has a few ideas I quite like, and is a refreshing change from the rest of them, that said as he is still just another career politician, just not from Eaton.

But I am afraid his views on most military aspects of government, past, present & future will preclude me, and from what I have picked up on, most military types form voting for Labour while he is their leader.

I don't think he will still be the leader come the next election and if he is the main winners from that may just be the Lib Dems.

I don't mind anyone who has principles and stands by them. I just don't have to agree with them. He has a few ideas I quite like, and is a refreshing change from the rest of them, that said as he is still just another career politician, just not from Eaton.

But I am afraid his views on most military aspects of government, past, present & future will preclude me, and from what I have picked up on, most military types form voting for Labour while he is their leader.

I don't think he will still be the leader come the next election and if he is the main winners from that may just be the Lib Dems.

Is it true he wants to abolish the army and the monarchy? :unsure:

Is it true he wants to abolish the army and the monarchy? :unsure:

Not sure on the abolish bit, but he wants the UK to withdraw from NATO, get rid on Trident and his views on the Falklands & Northern Ireland would gives me enough reason not to put a x on the ballot paper next to his party.

I am sure as the weeks and months roll on, for me personally there will be enough negatives polices to out way his positive ones.

We may as well keep the Royal Family, we have all palaces, shiny soldiers and horses. Plus where would visiting heads of state stay when they visit the UK?

That's the good thing about living in a constitutional democracy, you get to vote for what appeals to you and your own principles.

Is it true he wants to abolish the army :unsure:

This was the text of his speech back in 2012 that The S*n reported today:

On October 20, hopefully hundreds of thousands of people will be marching through the streets of London, protesting against libraries being closed, hospitals being cut back, schools being cut back.

Young people being denied opportunities. High levels of unemployment. Cuts in social services. Increased charges for everything.

Higher taxation in order to pay off a debt.

Is it really conscionable or sensible or possible that in three years time in 2016 Parliament will compound the problem of already spending £3bn on preparation for the replacement of the submarines and Trident nuclear weapons system by replacement of the whole system which will cost this country £100bn.

Is it really sensible to spend £100bn of money we can't afford and haven't got while there are homeless people, while there are hungry children around the world, while there's a sanitation crisis, while there's a crisis of people fleeing from absolute poverty to try and gain a place of safety in some of the slightly richer countries in the world?

I had the pleasure of reading last week the World Peace Index book that was sent to me and I wrote about it in my weekly column in the Morning Star.

This country comes 89th. Eighty-ninth on the World Peace Index.

Why? Because we've got nuclear weapons.

Why? Because we're in Iraq.

Why? Because we're in Afghanistan.

Why? Because we bombed Libya.

Why? Because we've got anti-terror legislation that allows executive detention.

Why? Because we've got 80,000 people in prison.

A measurement of a society's happiness and prosperity and success is not war, not weapons, not prison, not unemployment.

The measurement is education, health, inspiration, high levels of employment and not going to war around the world to steal the natural resources of others to enrich the already wealthy western society.

Our message today is in memory of those that were so tragically and brutally and horribly killed at Hiroshima and Nagasaki - and all those that suffered the health defects and disfigurement of nuclear testing over the past 60 years.

No more nuclear weapons. No more nuclear wars. No more wars. A world of peace.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if every politician around the world instead of taking pride in the size of their Armed Forces did what Costa Rica have done and abolished their Army, and took pride in the fact they don't have an Army.

And that their country is near the top of the global peace index. Surely that is the way we should be going forward.

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/heres-what-jeremy-corbyn-really-6438877

I can't imagine he would ever seriously propose abolishing the army. But we've got another five years of these hatchet jobs to come.

As for Trident, I've got an idea. Why don't we say we've still got it but actually spend the money on something else. Nobody would be any the wiser.

Archived