Communities Secretary - Diane Abbott

Justice Secretary - Lord Falconer

Business Secretary - Angela Eagle

Health Secretary - Heidi Alexander

Education Secretary - Lucy Powell

Treasury Secretary - Seema Malhotra

Chief Whip - Rosie Winterton

Advert

I agree with re-nationalising the Trains and putting Energy under public control

But

Re-opening the mines is daft.

If he gives the Falkland Islands to Argentina I will buy a gun, pin my South Atlantic Medal to my chest and then shoot him dead.

I dont ever want this country to hold talks with terrorists, its pointless. Any form of negotiation with scumbags like isis or the ira or any other filth like that involves give and take which means you would have to give in to some of their demands in order to get anything in return. Giving in to threats and violence isnt ever the way to go.

Printing money means those of us lucky enough to still have a job will end up being paid 47 million pounds a week and a loaf of bread will cost 20 million pounds. Its madness.

Capping the salaries of successful people who run businesses, incerasing their tax burden and making it expensive to run a business by upping the rates will result in our top businessmen and women moving elsewhere and taking their business and the taxes they already pay with them. Not exaclty helpful with 3 million unemployed.

Scrapping tuition fees means working class people who struggle to live on their paltry salaries end up paying for the education of future doctors and politicians etc. That isnt right.

Paying overly generous benefits to people who wont work as opposed to cant work will continue to upset the tax payers and they will continue to use their vote to make sure Labour dont get back in.

In my opinion Labour wont get elected again until they realise who they should be standing for whoever their leader is.

Labour should be the party that helps to create jobs and provide work opportunities for everyone who wants to work and they should make sure that those who do work have a decent standard of living.

I wont hold my breath but I have to say I prefer Corbyn to Miliband, Brown or Blair

I agree with re-nationalising the Trains and putting Energy under public control

But

Re-opening the mines is daft.

If he gives the Falkland Islands to Argentina I will buy a gun, pin my South Atlantic Medal to my chest and then shoot him dead.

I dont ever want this country to hold talks with terrorists, its pointless. Any form of negotiation with scumbags like isis or the ira or any other filth like that involves give and take which means you would have to give in to some of their demands in order to get anything in return. Giving in to threats and violence isnt ever the way to go.

Printing money means those of us lucky enough to still have a job will end up being paid 47 million pounds a week and a loaf of bread will cost 20 million pounds. Its madness.

Capping the salaries of successful people who run businesses, incerasing their tax burden and making it expensive to run a business by upping the rates will result in our top businessmen and women moving elsewhere and taking their business and the taxes they already pay with them. Not exaclty helpful with 3 million unemployed.

Scrapping tuition fees means working class people who struggle to live on their paltry salaries end up paying for the education of future doctors and politicians etc. That isnt right.

Paying overly generous benefits to people who wont work as opposed to cant work will continue to upset the tax payers and they will continue to use their vote to make sure Labour dont get back in.

In my opinion Labour wont get elected again until they realise who they should be standing for whoever their leader is.

Labour should be the party that helps to create jobs and provide work opportunities for everyone who wants to work and they should make sure that those who do work have a decent standard of living.

I wont hold my breath but I have to say I prefer Corbyn to Miliband, Brown or Blair

Don't be fooled by the hysterical right-wing press headlines about the Falklands. Corbyn has clearly said they would maintain British nationality, and if he has a plan that enables Argentina to save face and lessen the chances of invading again, then fine. We have always talked to enemies and terrorists, there was contact with the Nazis in WW2, and certainly with German generals opposed to Hitler. Many of the people who have ruled Isreal since 1949 once shot at British soldiers. We also have Gerry Adams, who I dislike, but rather have him free and no bombs going off - we haven't given NI away.

Talking can be fine, it shows strength and self-belief.

There may also be a case for opening a few mines, it doesn't mean all of them and again, he never said that- the press are liars as usual.

I actually agree with you on tuition fees, but the benefits for many other things have been cut so much that it has gone from one extreme to the other.

One thing is for sure - all the hysterical right wing headlines will need carful scrutiny as Mr Corbyn has been massively misrepresented in a matter of hours, let alone months or years.

Opinions on JC's Shadow Cabinet?

Deputy Leader - Tom Watson

Home Secretary - Andy Burnham

Chancellor - John McDonnell

Foreign Secretary - Hilary Benn

Communities Secretary - Diane Abbott

Justice Secretary - Lord Falconer

Business Secretary - Angela Eagle

Health Secretary - Heidi Alexander

Education Secretary - Lucy Powell

Treasury Secretary - Seema Malhotra

Chief Whip - Rosie Winterton

God help Labour's general election campaign team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, congratulations to Jeremy, and to Andy Burnham for joining his shadow cabinet.

Just bleating that he is unelectable won't stop him, people will listen and see he is a man with a mission and an honest man.

I'm not doubting his honesty--just questioning what his policies might be. It's much easier being a 'rebel' than having to sort out REAL problems! As for Andy Burnham....I think I better stop.......for reasons of blood pressure and libel. All I will say is that here is a man that makes a catherine wheel seem slow in turning, turning, turning....................................!

I am thrilled!

Port Vale have a 100% record under JC...which, of course, has nothing to do with him in any way, shape or form - he's not the Messiah, he's a naughty little boy!

.[/b]". Corbyn is a huge gamble ...but what have we got to lose?

What have we got to lose? Well, considering Britain has just given Red Ed MilliBean a spanking because his policies were unacceptable, I would suggest another 10 - 15 % of the vote, with Red JC and his even Redder cronies in charge! You will be as unpopular as Hatton, Livingstone and the rest of Militant Tendency...and even more so if the likes of the loathsome George Galloway come crawling back from under various stones!

You are absolutely right. The Daily Espresso and the Waily Mail can't forecast the next week's weather but seem to think they an command people how to vote years from now.

Interesting how much faith you have in the media to dictate how people will vote, thereby negating their freedom to make up their own minds. Also, how people denigrate the right-wing media, even thought the Mirror and Guardian have form at telling porkies and manipulating "facts" to suit their own left-wing agenda!

What have we got to lose? Well, considering Britain has just given Red Ed MilliBean a spanking because his policies were unacceptable, I would suggest another 10 - 15 % of the vote, with Red JC and his even Redder cronies in charge! You will be as unpopular as Hatton, Livingstone and the rest of Militant Tendency...and even more so if the likes of the loathsome George Galloway come crawling back from under various stones!

If Ken Livingstone was so unpopular how did he get power in London - and George Galloway was elected as an MP more than once, Derek Hatton was also an elected person in Liverpool - regardless of how much you like or dislike their policies your statements are incorrect about popularity and sound like the bleating tabloids telling people what to think.

Ed Milliband lost votes for being insincere at times, like when he was interviewed on radio and pretended to know the name of the Swindon labour leader but was exposed as not knowing it, and also because there is still an element of residual racism and anti-Semitism in this green and partly not-so-pleasant-land. Plus the fact that he wasn't really very good at telling people what his policies actually were unfortunately.

Ive heard people saying they wouldn't vote for either of the Millibands because of these reasons, and even heard someone say they couldn't vote for Farage as his wife was German and Farage isn't a 'proper English name'. Think I'm joking ? - circulate a bit more and you'll see I am not - this sort of thing is a minority but not a tiny one.

Interesting how much faith you have in the media to dictate how people will vote, thereby negating their freedom to make up their own minds. Also, how people denigrate the right-wing media, even thought the Mirror and Guardian have form at telling porkies and manipulating "facts" to suit their own left-wing agenda!

Headlines like 'Red and Buried' and 'The Death of Labour' would seem to prove me right, though I didn't say they would succeed in trying to tell people what to think and do, just that they are trying very, very hard and seem very scared of open debate. Some people will be influenced, I hope rather more will use their own judgement.

He was 200/1 to become leader. Funny how the bookies make him 7/1 to become PM in 2020.

Pretty cr@p odds considering we don't know who the Conservative leader will be and no one else has got a chance of being PM other than the leader of Labour or the Conservatives...basically 7/1 is in the bookie's opinion....'no chance'

If Ken Livingstone was so unpopular how did he get power in London - and George Galloway was elected as an MP more than once, Derek Hatton was also an elected person in Liverpool - regardless of how much you like or dislike their policies your statements are incorrect about popularity and sound like the bleating tabloids telling people what to think.

Ed Milliband lost votes for being insincere at times, like when he was interviewed on radio and pretended to know the name of the Swindon labour leader but was exposed as not knowing it, and also because there is still an element of residual racism and anti-Semitism in this green and partly not-so-pleasant-land. Plus the fact that he wasn't really very good at telling people what his policies actually were unfortunately.

Ive heard people saying they wouldn't vote for either of the Millibands because of these reasons, and even heard someone say they couldn't vote for Farage as his wife was German and Farage isn't a 'proper English name'. Think I'm joking ? - circulate a bit more and you'll see I am not - this sort of thing is a minority but not a tiny one.

Cameron is a real English name.:rolleyes:

Archived