onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke vs West Brom

Twitters

Only just seen the highlights of that game and what an incredibly dirty side West Brom are. They seemed (at least from what Match of the Day showed) to be determined to wind up Stoke all game and Stoke didn't have the mental capacity not to bite back.

First you had Dawson shove Afillay into the advertising hoardings and get away with it. Then Gardner clearly tripped him a few minutes later and flicked his face. Soft but under the letter of the law a red card. Yet nothing for it. Afillay was right to get a red card but Michael Oliver should have sent Gardner off too. Poor decision.

Then the Adam stamp was a bit dubious. I can't make up my mind if it was deliberate or just a result of losing balance. Dawson clearly wrapped both his legs around him and trapped him in causing Adam to lose his balance,but whether he deliberately stamped down I'm not sure and in that instance can you be sure it's a red card?

I can't stand Pulis, he's an arrogant ****** and after his comments on Tuesday night I'm sure many Vale fans would have liked to pull an Afillay on him. So as funny as it was to see Stoke implode, it annoys me to see a Pulis side get away with their usual thuggery.

Can't stand West Brom anyway. *****.

Advert

I believe it was an intentional stamp by Adam. He finds his footing on Dawson and puts his weight onto it. If you were to step back onto someone you would instantly jump back do that the weight on the foot wasn't on for any kind of time or pressure. Adam knew what he was doing.

So did Dawson when he scissored his legs around Adam.

West Brom definitely know how to play the fouls though. Last week we showed naivety sometimes allowing them to tumble like an audition for Rio. They also know how to prevent any counter threat, I think one of their team still has a grip on Uche's shorts and underwear.

Thought ref called it right. Gardner for me was beckoning him to get up, whereas Affilay was a blatant slap, however soft.

Adam knew exactly what he was doing - you could tell by his easy acceptance of the decision that he'd been caught out. He has these 'accidents' frequently, and too often gets away with it.

According to Sky Stoke only committed 4 fouls all match.Did anyone see Robert Huth's contribution for Leicester yesterday?:ohmy:

Hugh by far the worst. Totally reckless / out if control when booting the ball at Wilson's head, then threw out what could easily be classed as a punch.

Should have seen red, but a good defender who I can't believe has been Sjoke have allowed to leave for such a modest fee.

There are a few players in the Prem who sometimes suffer because of their reputation. Lee Cattermole is one, Joey Barton was another, Charlie Adam is another. Sometimes they are harshly treated because of their reputation but equally, sometimes they get away with nasty stuff as well - Adam certainly did a couple of times last season. If you live by the sword you die by the sword. Don't whinge when you are harshly dealt with unless you're prepared to own up when you get away with stuff.

Mitrovic at Newcastle is well on the way to joining the above group by the way. He is a complete psycho and unless he learns the difference between a fair tackle and a stupid lunge he's going to spend most of the season serving suspensions because he has rapidly become a marked man.

Thought ref called it right. Gardner for me was beckoning him to get up, whereas Affilay was a blatant slap, however soft.

Adam knew exactly what he was doing - you could tell by his easy acceptance of the decision that he'd been caught out. He has these 'accidents' frequently, and too often gets away with it.

Completely agree, both red cards.

Archived