onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 15/16 season

TylerB

C'mon Leicester you can do this..1 more win could well do it for Leicester. Also, last nights performance proves Shawcross should be no where near the England team, ever. He was also lucky he didn't give a penalty away, when wrestling one of their players to the ground, again.

Advert

C'mon Leicester you can do this..1 more win could well do it for Leicester. Also, last nights performance proves Shawcross should be no where near the England team, ever. He was also lucky he didn't give a penalty away, when wrestling one of their players to the ground, again.

He's nothing but a giant, lumbering Sloth. Anyone with a bit of pace and clever movement give him kittens.

I respect what Hughes has tried to do so far at Stoke, they're certainly much less of a chore to watch. But players like Shiqari and Arnoutovic are massively inconsistent and as good as they can be the odd game here and there they are nothing but passengers the majority of the time, especially when things aren't going well. For all of his talent, Shiqari's goals and assists in a Stoke shirt is extremely poor. Very similar to Lallana at Liverpool, also to be fair to Adam he's played really well these last few months and had scored a few.

2 wins 2 draws needed if Spurs carry on winning, maybe Chelski will do the Foxes a favour.

50 years of flattering to deceive I guess.

Wait did you mention Sturridge? ;)

The likes of Lampard and Gerrard looked scared to put on an England shirt, like it was a burden because of all the pressure that comes with it. I don't see the likes of Alli and Kane doing the same thing - They both look like they particularly enjoy it and thrive on the pressure.

And I don't think anybody can doubt that when he's on the pitch that Sturridge is world-class. His ability is frightening, and it just makes it even more frustrating that he barely seems to be able to put a long run of games together.

Spurs played some brilliant football against the brawn of Stoke. Lamela was outstanding, and Delli Ali and Kane gave them fits. It could have

been 6-0 . Adams looked like he had a few extra dinners, and Whelan, one of the worst players ever to wear an Ireland jersey, only had about 3 touches.

The commentator even mentioned Stoke being more suited to 15 a side, after the Adams challenge, which prevented a try(sic) Men against much older men.

It looked like Spurs had 15 men on the pitch to Stoke's 11, such was their superior quality. As an aside, I don't think Spurs will win it. 5 points is a lot to catch up on a team that have lost 3 times all season. Realistically, Leicester would have to lose 2 of their last 4, along with Spurs winning all 4.

It looked like Spurs had 15 men on the pitch to Stoke's 11, such was their superior quality. As an aside, I don't think Spurs will win it. 5 points is a lot to catch up on a team that have lost 3 times all season. Realistically, Leicester would have to lose 2 of their last 4, along with Spurs winning all 4.

I think you're correct chesh.The point Leicester got against West Ham was massive.

The likes of Lampard and Gerrard looked scared to put on an England shirt, like it was a burden because of all the pressure that comes with it. I don't see the likes of Alli and Kane doing the same thing - They both look like they particularly enjoy it and thrive on the pressure..

I think that's a good point..they seem willing to try things and the bigger the game the more they seem to thrive. I can see England taking teams on at the Euros and playing to our strengths..we'll have to score 3 to win against the better teams but we can do that. Rose and Walker would scare the life out most defences with their pace and directness but need some end product and Kane needs the freedom to roam like he does for Spurs

Get two solid defensive midfielders in place and let the attacking players do their stuff

I'm optimistic about the Euros

Will Roy take off the shackles though

I think that's a good point..they seem willing to try things and the bigger the game the more they seem to thrive. I can see England taking teams on at the Euros and playing to our strengths..we'll have to score 3 to win against the better teams but we can do that. Rose and Walker would scare the life out most defences with their pace and directness but need some end product and Kane needs the freedom to roam like he does for Spurs

Get two solid defensive midfielders in place and let the attacking players do their stuff

Agree with all of that though my worry is your final sentence.

Taking and more importantly relying on people like Rooney, Sterling, Sturridge and Wilshire who are but parts or coming back from injury as he seems intent on doing rather than playing the players in form is my major worry....oh that and the centre of defence!

Carroll would probably be sent off within 5 mins of coming on!!! I guess he'd be an option late in the game if we're desperate but I could not leave out one of the others for him. Centre of defence is a worry which is why we need to score 3 to win!!!!

I can't see that Sterling, Wilshere, Sturridge or even Rooney have justified their places in the squad based on performances this season but I reckon at least 2 of them will be selected. He should look at the players in form and have performed well against the best opposition...so basically every English Leicester player plus Kane!!!!

I don't think Hodgson is a bad manager, at all, but he does tend to be on the cautious side somewhat. England are poor at the back compared to the better nations but now have many options going forward and players who can hurt teams. It just makes perfect sense to be a side that really goes for sides and try to outscore them. He also needs to pick form players, and not people with reputations who might have done well in the past. The team should look something like -

Hart

Walker (just ahead of Clyne)

Cahill

Stones

Rose

Dier

Milner

Alli

Welbeck

Kane

Vardy

Take Rooney by all means as some experience is needed, even if it's just around the camp. Wilshere would be in that side if only he could keep himself fit. The likes of Sterling, Barkley (still needs to show a bit more consistently for me to warrant a place) and Sturridge can make a massive impact from the bench. Welbeck might not get in other people's sides but some of his best performances have come in an England shirt. Stones has a lot to learn still but I'd put him in their ahead of the likes of Jagielka and Jones.

Having Milner and Dier shielding the back four should help us defend a bit better, and gives Alli all the license he needs to get forward and score/create. Him along with Kane, Vardy and Welbeck can run teams ragged, and then we can also bring on the likes of Strurridge and Sterling against tiring legs. Lots to be optimistic about in my opinion!

I don't think Hodgson is a bad manager, at all, but he does tend to be on the cautious side somewhat. England are poor at the back compared to the better nations but now have many options going forward and players who can hurt teams. It just makes perfect sense to be a side that really goes for sides and try to outscore them. He also needs to pick form players, and not people with reputations who might have done well in the past. The team should look something like -

Hart

Walker (just ahead of Clyne)

Cahill

Stones

Rose

Dier

Milner

Alli

Welbeck

Kane

Vardy

Take Rooney by all means as some experience is needed, even if it's just around the camp. Wilshere would be in that side if only he could keep himself fit. The likes of Sterling, Barkley (still needs to show a bit more consistently for me to warrant a place) and Sturridge can make a massive impact from the bench. Welbeck might not get in other people's sides but some of his best performances have come in an England shirt. Stones has a lot to learn still but I'd put him in their ahead of the likes of Jagielka and Jones.

Having Milner and Dier shielding the back four should help us defend a bit better, and gives Alli all the license he needs to get forward and score/create. Him along with Kane, Vardy and Welbeck can run teams ragged, and then we can also bring on the likes of Strurridge and Sterling against tiring legs. Lots to be optimistic about in my opinion!

That's a good shout.

On top of that team I'd take Forster,Heaton,Clyne,Cresswell,Smalling,Jagielka,Sterling,Barkley,Lallana,Delph,Rooney,Sturridge.

That's my squad but Roy I think Roy will stay loyal to Gibbs at left back?

That's a good shout.

On top of that team I'd take Forster,Heaton,Clyne,Cresswell,Smalling,Jagielka,Sterling,Barkley,Lallana,Delph,Rooney,Sturridge.

That's my squad but Roy I think Roy will stay loyal to Gibbs at left back?

Missed Smalling out! I used to think he was toss but he's improved massively over the last couple of seasons, and would replace Cahill in my side.

I agree with your other list of players, except that I'd probably take Cahill over Jagielka. Crazy to think that neither Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain are likely to be involved when they've both been looked on as important players in the past!

We have some other good youngsters too that this Euro's has come a bit early for in Marcus Rashford, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Jordon Ibe. I also have big hopes for Sheyi Ojo, as more importantly does Jurgen Klopp.

Archived