onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 15/16 season

TylerB

They'll probably not need that many wins as others will drop points. They got a little lucky yesterday as they could easily have conceded a pen (or two) and Morgan did push the Siants player for his goal. However, they have been extraordinarily consistent and are where they deserve to be.

I find it interesting that they stand to win the title despite their possession stats..will they be the first to win the title without the ball!!!

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/23/blog/post/2830184/leicester-city-and-tottenham-thrive-without-the-ball

Strangely enough with their recent 1-0 wins they are having more possession because teams are defending a lot deeper and so are relying on counter attacks. After all it is what you do with it in the final third that counts.

Advert

So when is St Totteringham's Day this year?! :D

Given how Arsenal got the rub of the green with most of the decisions, I can't believe Whinger has the nerve to moan about the referee today. Some utterly bizarre decisions that went against West Ham.

Makes me chuckle about the trend for ball playing central defenders when top of the EPL Leicester have two who are the exact opposite, muscular, solid, do the basics well, clear the ball with little fuss as far up the field as possible, take note Roy Hodgson.

I have said it for years,this ball playing centre half stuff is nonsense. John Stones is apparently a ball playing centre half, but he cant defend!!

If you had to pick a list of top 10 centre backs in the last 10-15 years. None of them would be ball players. We need to create stoppers again.

Ala Sol Campbell, Keown, Adams, Terry, Carragher etc.

Shocking from Liverpool to blow a 2 goal lead to Southamtpon at the weekend. Under Klopp we're either scintilating or awful, with little inbetween, and on Sunday we managed to be both in different halves of the same game! I have little doubt that he'll make Liverpool into a force over the next few years or so though.

On a sidenote, another quality goal from Rashford, who surely must be stalking a late claim for the Euros? We've gone from having very little up top to being able to choose between Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck, Kane and Vardy, and the likes of Berahino and Rashford can't be too far behind. I still think Jermain Defoe is worth considering too despite his age as he's simply a natural goal-scorer and will score goals until he decides to retire as long as chances are made for him.

God no. Rashford isnt good enough for England, at least not yet anyway. Hes hardly ripping up trees. Vardy has had to take all season to prove himself and you want Rashford in after 5-6 games....

I have said it for years,this ball playing centre half stuff is nonsense. John Stones is apparently a ball playing centre half, but he cant defend!!

If you had to pick a list of top 10 centre backs in the last 10-15 years. None of them would be ball players. We need to create stoppers again.

Ala Sol Campbell, Keown, Adams, Terry, Carragher etc.

Rio Ferdinand

Going to be just as exciting next season in the Premier League, perhaps without the element of surprise. Guardiola will no doubt make City truly great during his time there and it will be interesting to see how Conte does at Chelsea, a side that clearly need a bit of an overhaul. With a couple of top acquisitions Liverpool should be up there under Klopp, while Mourinho will do his best to make United into the machine they once were if he goes there. If I were the Arsenal board I'd do everything I possibly could to appoint Diego Simeone, who has done wonders for Atletico. It's clear that Wenger for all his brilliance is now past his sell by date and I can't see Arsenal winning anything more than the FA Cup while he remains in charge.

Going to be just as exciting next season in the Premier League, perhaps without the element of surprise. Guardiola will no doubt make City truly great during his time there and it will be interesting to see how Conte does at Chelsea, a side that clearly need a bit of an overhaul. With a couple of top acquisitions Liverpool should be up there under Klopp, while Mourinho will do his best to make United into the machine they once were if he goes there. If I were the Arsenal board I'd do everything I possibly could to appoint Diego Simeone, who has done wonders for Atletico. It's clear that Wenger for all his brilliance is now past his sell by date and I can't see Arsenal winning anything more than the FA Cup while he remains in charge.

Wonder if all your fishing will get a bite?? ;)

Archived