onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 15/16 season

TylerB

Advert

I quite like the idea that other than the big 3 compete for the FA Cup on that one day in May - especially so if it was PVFC :yes:

I love the FA Cup, still get quite excited when we are in the draw and even more so if we get to 3rd round or later, but am very sad that it has been devalued to the point where if a L1/2 or lower club did make the final it would not mean the same as before.

My first season as a kid supporting Vale was about 1960 so I can only imagine the near hysteria of the 53/4 semi final run, but it wouldn't be the same now.

Still I suppose I was a bit unfair on whos left - Everton are a massive club, but lets just say Palace and West Ham are not exactly favourites with me and nor are Watford. Palace because they were the first team I saw beat Vale in a Vale away game, (though Id been to other teams where Vale had won or drawn) then also at Vale Park too, and Watford for knocking us out in 1969 (?) and 1988, nothing like a grudge is there...:)

I still think some extra league points to start the next season as a reward for a good cup run would bring back the missing stars and make the very top clubs rekindle their interest.

Who do you consider as the 'big 3' these days, presumably 3 out of Arsenal Chelsea, Man City and MU, - but which 3 ? who gets the chop - and careful how you answer if Beechy is around Barry.:)

The winners of the FA Cup to qualify for the Champions Lge would do the trick assuming it's allowed by the Uefacrats.

I don't agree with the attitude of English Clubs in domestic and European cup competitions (even sometimes including the Champions Lge), surely its best to put out the best team/formation, get the game won/safe and then bring on the "Second tier" players, success breeds success.

If the likes of Spurs, given their team selection against Dortmund last Thursday, don't want to play in the Europa League than don't enter/refuse the nomination and give a another team the opportunity.

Re your last para - Spurs should be ashamed of themselves for the 3,400 fans that spent a lot of money travelling to Dortmund, probably a minimum of £150 each to watch their reserves humiliated by a much better side. As you say, just don't enter the thing if you have contempt for it.

Its ironic too that a number of teams have played weakened sides and then drawn their FA or League Cup ties giving them an extra fixture (the replay) when if they had played their strongest team they probably would have won. Serves them right.

Putting my head on the block here, but I fancy Newcastle to get something at Leicester tonight - and it could be the start of things going wrong for Leicester. I hope I'm wrong really, but everyone seems so convinced LC will win this match, that there is a kind of 'reverse pressure' they may not be used to.

Re your last para - Spurs should be ashamed of themselves for the 3,400 fans that spent a lot of money travelling to Dortmund, probably a minimum of £150 each to watch their reserves humiliated by a much better side. As you say, just don't enter the thing if you have contempt for it.

Its ironic too that a number of teams have played weakened sides and then drawn their FA or League Cup ties giving them an extra fixture (the replay) when if they had played their strongest team they probably would have won. Serves them right.

I don't think things will change unfortunately. The PL is the be all and end all of all greed and I'm afraid the Europa League and our national cup competitions come second best.

I don't think things will change unfortunately. The PL is the be all and end all of all greed and I'm afraid the Europa League and our national cup competitions come second best.

People may be stupidly over-loyal, gullible and fleeced for so long, but after a couple more 'Dortmund trips' Spurs fans wont get caught too many more times, and eventually it will all implode - personally, I can't wait.

The trouble is, we may have lost our cups and a large number of smaller clubs by then.

Could well come back to bite EPL clubs in the butt 'cause I think the worse a countries teams do in UEFA competitions the less spots that country/League has in European competitions. If this is the case I can see only 3 Champions Lge spots for the EPL on the horizon given the dismal performance of EPL clubs in the Champions Lge and Europa Cup this last 2 seasons.

Rafa's got a job on to save this extremely poor Newcastle side from relegation.

Way too slow in possession, especially when Shelvey had the ball.

Hardly any threat going forward. Mitrovic... what's the point? Only Townsend looked like he was willing to take Leicester on.

Having said that, when you're down you don't get the breaks. Vardy was offside when the cross came in for the goal and Morgan might count himself lucky to get away with a handball in the penalty area.

Rafa's got a job on to save this extremely poor Newcastle side from relegation.

Way too slow in possession, especially when Shelvey had the ball.

Hardly any threat going forward. Mitrovic... what's the point? Only Townsend looked like he was willing to take Leicester on.

Having said that, when you're down you don't get the breaks. Vardy was offside when the cross came in for the goal and Morgan might count himself lucky to get away with a handball in the penalty area.

Vardy wasn't offside apparently. Taylor headed the ball in the middle in a footballing action - i.e. deliberately trying to clear. In so doing he started a second phase and in that phase Vardy was onside. In the first phase Vardy was offside but not interfering or the assistant, being uncertain, because it was just a leg and mighty close, gave the advantage to the attack.

Rafa - and particularly his wife who has never moved - live in Caldy, on the Wirral. That is a fantastic place to live and now he has got the Newcastle job, another good area to live, he is getting a great deal from life if he can keep them up.

It is all down to playing Sunderland and Norwich, but the United team tonight look like they are competitive. Sunderland, having seen them live are very dependent on Defoe up front and have a couple of other useful players. So it will be a good game on Sundays.

Putting my head on the block here, but I fancy Newcastle to get something at Leicester tonight - and it could be the start of things going wrong for Leicester. I hope I'm wrong really, but everyone seems so convinced LC will win this match, that there is a kind of 'reverse pressure' they may not be used to.

Well, I was wrong though Newcastle ran them close. I am pleased with the result as I would like Leicester to win the league, but feel they may still suddenly realise they are not in the middle of a dream and panic and throw it away. As for Newcastle, great club and fans, sad team, and even sadder and more ghastly and vile owner, will make the playoffs in the championship next season if they're lucky, but would benefit massively from a change of ownership.

I agree- it was a penalty but he dived

Ultimately you're agreeing with what I said really, as much as that will annoy the **** off you.

Any sort of contact and players generally go down in the box. When a defender sticks a leg or a foot, or any part of his body out for that matter, in the penalty area and doesn't get anywhere near to the ball then ultimately he's always taking a massive risk.

Pardew (of all the pillocks to moan!) should be more angry at his own defender than Christian Benteke.

Ultimately you're agreeing with what I said really, as much as that will annoy the **** off you.

Any sort of contact and players generally go down in the box. When a defender sticks a leg or a foot, or any part of his body out for that matter, in the penalty area and doesn't get anywhere near to the ball then ultimately he's always taking a massive risk.

Pardew (of all the pillocks to moan!) should be more angry at his own defender than Christian Benteke.

Not at all, if the contact wasn't enough to take him down, then it's a dive and he should be booked.

Not a lot of honour in your train of thought is there

Archived