onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bosley WTL Explosion

soothsayer

Not looking good for the four unaccounted for people involved in this incident. Very sad and best wishes to the families involved. I actually know someone who works there but fortunately he's ok except for now having no job but at least he's still here.

Advert

Thankfully it seems quite rare that people go to work and die nowadays, thanks mainly to a long fight over the centuries by trade union officers forcing legislation to be made. Worrying that the Tories are yet again attacking union powers. , we must not let them roll back safety rules or there will be more tragedies to come. My thoughts are with the families of the missing.

I think they milled wood into a powder to make laminate flooring didn't they?

My dad used to work in a workshop and I remember him telling me how dangerous sawdust can be if it ignites, stories of extractor fans setting on fire. In an explosion I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like.

Awful tragedy.

Some depressing news items recently. This one is very sad, but so was the one about the old fella stabbed to death in a road rage incident.

You just thank your lucky stars that you weren't in these people's shoes when these events happened. It could have been anyone of us - in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Our thoughts must go out to them all.

At its peak 23 fire engines attended - 12 from Cheshire, 9 from Greater Manchester, 1 from Derbyshire and 1 from Staffordshire. There are also 2 aerial appliances, the command and control unit, high volume pump, heavy rescue unit and the environmental protection unit in attendance.

Not wanting to make this the main issue here but seems to me that the number of 'local' appliances involved was substantial with only a couple from outside the area..not sure where in Greater Manchester the 9 were from. This incident was very unusual in the number of appliances needed and for me does not indicate how overstretched the fire services are..although more would only be a good thing.

Coaming across as a disaster that was waiting to happen form the most recent news I've seen

Thankfully it seems quite rare that people go to work and die nowadays, thanks mainly to a long fight over the centuries by trade union officers forcing legislation to be made. Worrying that the Tories are yet again attacking union powers. , we must not let them roll back safety rules or there will be more tragedies to come. My thoughts are with the families of the missing.

You'd perhaps be surprised that around 150 people die every year as a result of accidents at work.

Rip to all, terrible news thoughts go out to their families.

What concerned me was the moronic local councillor who was urging the employers to contact the staff and let them know what was going to happen yesterday......firstly where are they going to work? Secondly would you want to go back to work after that happened? Utter stupidity , it's worrying these people represent us in parliament.

Also how are the Tories to blame? Christ it will be Maggie thatchers fault before you know it.

Archived