onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Final deadline for Greece?

For Us All

Would it be possible to know what all the people who are so good at criticisising Tsipras and his party would do if they had control of Greece right now please ?

I dont think there is much wiggle room for him to do anything, his mistake [in my opinion] was to ask the greek people to reject something he later put forward as a solution. He can blame everyone and his dog but failure to meet agreed commitments twice garners mistrust, things wont get easier after failure upon failure.

Advert

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYAITCH View Post

I don't wish to speak for Bycars ....

Into censorship now are you?

Not at all, but speak for yourself not for Bycars or others,,,, you never seem to have any problem with that normally. Or was it a device to make it look like you were part of a little clique ?

After getting what's required thru parliament, resign and call a fresh election

How about some policy, not the sort of answer a 7-year-old might just manage, same to the otherrs who just put resign.

It's easy to throw stones, not so easy to tell someone how you'd repair the greenhouse. So, have another go,,, with some detailed proposals.

Like many left-wing idealists, Tspiras had forgotten the laws of economic mathematics. He has not only led the Greek people down a one-way street, but in the process has worsened his country's economical (and political) situation. The man and many of his cronies are fantasists who think they can go against economic reality. The Labour party, particularly in the shape of Jeremy Corbyn seems to be moving in a similar leftist, fantastical way and in doing so, is condemning the Labour party to years in the wilderness.

I agree, the Greek people have to accept reform and some austerity as how long will it be before another bailout is required. Talk of debt write-off by the IMF is fine in principle but what precedent does it set.

Would it be possible to know what all the people who are so good at criticisising Tsipras and his party would do if they had control of Greece right now please ?

I'm not so much criticising Alexis Tsipras other than to say I think he's well and truly run out of policy ideas to save Greece, but I do think the 'Brussels Bank' should shoulder a fair proportion of the blame.

One of the first banking principles when lending money is to question and satisfy a borrower is capable of servicing the loan concomitant with default cautions should they fail to do so - well, in this neck of the woods it is. Defaulting does nothing for a borrower's credit rating.

Yet here we see the EU 3rd time of asking chucking euro billions at a borrower twice defaulting their promise to service loans. As Geo mentioned earlier 'Banks lend other peoples money ergo when retiring bad debts who will be the losers? Not the 'Banks that for sure.

I don't have any 'policy ideas' Bon'Ami that may save Greece. Perhaps all that is left now is for Alexis Tsipras to call an election and for the Good Ship Athenian to charter its own course away from the EU.

I'm not so much criticising Alexis Tsipras other than to say I think he's well and truly run out of policy ideas to save Greece, but I do think the 'Brussels Bank' should shoulder a fair proportion of the blame.

One of the first banking principles when lending money is to question and satisfy a borrower is capable of servicing the loan concomitant with default cautions should they fail to do so - well, in this neck of the woods it is. Defaulting does nothing for a borrower's credit rating.

Yet here we see the EU 3rd time of asking chucking euro billions at a borrower twice defaulting their promise to service loans. As Geo mentioned earlier 'Banks lend other peoples money ergo when retiring bad debts who will be the losers? Not the 'Banks that for sure.

I don't have any 'policy ideas' Bon'Ami that may save Greece. Perhaps all that is left now is for Alexis Tsipras to call an election and for the Good Ship Athenian to charter its own course away from the EU.

I see that as a totally fair and reasonable reply to a reasonable question - in fact there is no way out without some damage to some parties, maybe all parties.

If there is another election in Greece, will the people really vote for austerity by the right wing parties ? If they do, we are back to square one except a few hundred billion euros worse off, and Greece no better off.

If they vote against the deal either in Greece's parliament or in an election, Greece will have to leave the Euro and probably the EU - despite the pain I hope this happens and Greece leaves NATO too and becomes a neutral country. Argentina took this path and recovered. Perhaps Russia would provide short term help in return for bases in Greece, which would be no bad thing given NATO's relentless push east into Ukraine, the Baltic States and Georgia - countries that were agreed would be neutral by the US after the break-up of the USSR.

If there is an election and Tsipras wins with a mandate to go ahead with the bailout though, it stios immediate ruin, and if this has to happen I would rather Tsipras run Greece than previous failures, as he and his party are far more likely to look after the general population.

How about some policy, not the sort of answer a 7-year-old might just manage, same to the otherrs who just put resign.

He has no mandate frrom the Greek people to implement these austrerity policies so if he has any decency he should resign and call a new election

It's easy to throw stones, not so easy to tell someone how you'd repair the greenhouse. So, have another go,,, with some detailed proposals.

I answered your question..just cos you don't like the answer you spat your dummy out and changed the question...you didn't ask for detailed proposals

Wasnt it up to Tsipras to know what he was going to do before he stood for election? Perhaps he thought he wouldnt win but its not up to us to run Greece thats his job.

He was elected because he campaigned on an anti austerity platform. Has he delivered on that?

Wasnt it up to Tsipras to know what he was going to do before he stood for election? Perhaps he thought he wouldnt win but its not up to us to run Greece thats his job.

He was elected because he campaigned on an anti austerity platform. Has he delivered on that?

This is the problem with all the party's/politicians calling for an end to austerity--it's easy to sprout this dribble--but much easier to offer a solution. I am amazed at how gullible Labour party members/MP's must be to put Jeremy Corbyn in the lead of the 4 leadership contenders--he is almost as big a fantasist as Tspiras and runs Nicola Sturgeon close for the leftist left-winger in the UK. As a non-Labour supporter, I personally hope Corbyn wins the leadership contest as this will surely keep Labour away form government for years!

This latest fiasco concerning Greece can only be good news for Farage and our upcoming Referendum.:yes:

You are right there- my vote will now be to leave Europe, it wasn't before. As for Farage, that's more difficult as he is superb when I've heard him speak on foreign items, totally agree with what he says about Ukraine, Syria and the EU but he is still backed by a team of very worrying people. Some clips of Farage desrtroying people at the EU parliament on Youtube are amazing - Id been led to believe he did nothing there.

You are right there- my vote will now be to leave Europe, it wasn't before. As for Farage, that's more difficult as he is superb when I've heard him speak on foreign items, totally agree with what he says about Ukraine, Syria and the EU but he is still backed by a team of very worrying people. Some clips of Farage desrtroying people at the EU parliament on Youtube are amazing - Id been led to believe he did nothing there.

I hope your not turning into a nasty vile racist like some people accused me of being when I supported Farage :razz:

You should decide to stay or leave europe on whether its the best thing for the UK... not greece or farage

Archived