onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

US Presidential race

JOHNNYAITCH

With regard to abortion, I agree it is a completely separate debate. However I've read comments from Republicans such as Todd Akin regarding rape victims that are ill-informed, misogynistic and add nothing constructive.

Advert

let's be honest, america is ****ed. an incredible country to visit - but live and work there? **** that. this place is bad enough

bernie sanders for president

Don't worry, unless you marry an American, you won't have to live here. Indeed you probably won't be able to live here. The NSA already has your comments on file. ;)

Don't worry, unless you marry an American, you won't have to live here. Indeed you probably won't be able to live here. The NSA already has your comments on file. ;)

What a nasty sinister post, winking emiti-thing or not. Sounds like an ISIS mentality, but then again.... extremism is the same wherever it comes from.

What a nasty sinister post, winking emiti-thing or not. Sounds like an ISIS mentality, but then again.... extremism is the same wherever it comes from.

That is not how it was intended. But you have to have a sense of humour to comprehend even a message with an emoticon. It's a fact that you cannot just walk into the USA (other than as a tourist for up to 90 days). And we all love the NSA and lots of people joke about their antics.

That is not how it was intended. But you have to have a sense of humour to comprehend even a message with an emoticon. It's a fact that you cannot just walk into the USA (other than as a tourist for up to 90 days). And we all love the NSA and lots of people joke about their antics.

My greatest apologies for not hving a sense of humour about spying on hundreds of millions of people, abusing their rights and creating fear and paranoia - I just don't find that overly amusing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/09/nobel-writers-nsa-_n_4414951.html

Time for Edward Snowden to be president, you'd value honesty then perhaps ?

We all love the nsa - no we all love Snowden and those who expose the people who abuse your country and then all other countries. You are a victim too.

My greatest apologies for not hving a sense of humour about spying on hundreds of millions of people, abusing their rights and creating fear and paranoia - I just don't find that overly amusing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/09/nobel-writers-nsa-_n_4414951.html

Time for Edward Snowden to be president, you'd value honesty then perhaps ?

We all love the nsa - no we all love Snowden and those who expose the people who abuse your country and then all other countries. You are a victim too.

I neither suffer from fear or paranoia, nor do I feel like a victim. Thank you, but I am glad someone is looking out for the evil people that exist all around the world and who threaten you, just as much as they threaten US citizens.

I neither suffer from fear or paranoia, nor do I feel like a victim. Thank you, but I am glad someone is looking out for the evil people that exist all around the world and who threaten you, just as much as they threaten US citizens.

The famous American writers in the link were the ones the fear and paranoia referred to - saying they had to avoid criticising their own government smacks of East German stasi rather than 'the land of the free'.

If you are referring to ISIS, Al Queda etc then yes, I agree we are all threatened, and serious measures need to be taken. However, threatening all the worlds citizens will not stop them whilst perhaps a little less support for Saudi Arabia and its dictators - the country that spawned most pf the 9/11 mob - might pay dividends.

It also emerged recently that support was given by CIA agents, even without telling Bush, to Chechen terrorists who were busy blowing up hundreds of schoolchildren in Russia, and this was repaid with the Boston marathon bombing.

If America would concentrate on co-operating with Russia, Syria and other regimes fighting terrorism instead of wanting to take on all comers and make enemies everywhere it can and cause trouble and ignite its own terror in Ukraine and elsewhere, then maybe the nsa would not need to be so 'busy'.

The famous American writers in the link were the ones the fear and paranoia referred to - saying they had to avoid criticising their own government smacks of East German stasi rather than 'the land of the free'.

If you are referring to ISIS, Al Queda etc then yes, I agree we are all threatened, and serious measures need to be taken. However, threatening all the worlds citizens will not stop them whilst perhaps a little less support for Saudi Arabia and its dictators - the country that spawned most pf the 9/11 mob - might pay dividends.

It also emerged recently that support was given by CIA agents, even without telling Bush, to Chechen terrorists who were busy blowing up hundreds of schoolchildren in Russia, and this was repaid with the Boston marathon bombing.

If America would concentrate on co-operating with Russia, Syria and other regimes fighting terrorism instead of wanting to take on all comers and make enemies everywhere it can and cause trouble and ignite its own terror in Ukraine and elsewhere, then maybe the nsa would not need to be so 'busy'.

I'm personally less worried about a threat from Chechen terrorists than ISIS. But to suggest the US should "co-operate" with Russia, Syria and other regimes (Iran?) rather than "take on all-comers" suggests you are not well informed. The problem has been that the Obama administration thought it COULD co-operate with these people (indeed Secretary Kerry is still trying to strike a deal with Iran). Russia is a threat, Iran is a threat and both are supporting the most dangerous threat of all, Islamic Jihadism. And I haven't mentioned the Chinese or North Korea.

Please show your evidence and source for the Boston Marathon bombings being repayment for a Chechen terrorist attack on a Russian School.

Did I hear right when Donald Trump said he didn't need to be bankrolled with other peoples money for his campaign because he has his own $billions to spent :ohmy:

I must confess I used to enjoy following the USA 'Presidential campaigns - with my favourite being Jimmy Carter's run to the Whitehouse.

I disagree with some thing America does and had done. However, if there is going to be a world superpower, which is inevitable I think, then I'm glad it's America and not the Chinese, Russians or similar, where they don't have democracy or freedom of speech.

Don't sweat it Tone...some people on here think it OK to make jokey remarks about peoples deaths in Morecambe Bay and then complain when others make jokey remarks about the NSA.

Archived