onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

US Presidential race

JOHNNYAITCH

Not just GMOg crops Russia is a shining example to us all on how to run your country properly with a leader in Putin who commands respect and shows other so called world leaders how to lead a powerful nation properly and look after your people responsibly

How much is Putin paying you?

Advert

I havent been brainwashed by monsanto, as I havent read any of their evidence because it would obviously be biased (I make no claims about how ethical of a company they are either). I have read the scientific evidence. All the links given by those who are anti-GM foods have been amateurish sites peddling natural foods, and pseudo science alternative health mumbo jumbo. The resistence to GM foods I am seeing here is based on false intuition as opposed to looking at the facts. The Anit vaccination BS that one of the sites peddles is responsible for far more deaths than any GM food company ever will be.

No, lets look at whatthe science says about GM foods:

http://www.aaas.org/sites/default/files/AAAS_GM_statement.pdf

http://www.nature.com/news/hyped-gm-maize-study-faces-growing-scrutiny-1.11566

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-people-oppose-gmos-even-though-science-says-they-are-safe/

http://agsci.psu.edu/magazine/articles/2015/spring-summer/the-science-of-gmos

https://www.researchgate.net/post/GMO_crops_Is_there_any_peer_reviewed_scientific_evidence_that_questions_their_safety

A lot of those studies are funded by Monsanto or similar, and lack credibility.

Re your remarks on cancer and getting older, they are very unfortunate and quite honestly will be very upsetting to parents who have lost children to cancer. Childhood cancer did not exist 300 years ago.

Then there are the massive numbers, and massive increase in adults in their 40s50s,60s sometimes younger who also get cancer - I am totally amazed that you didn't think this out, not surprised the idiot bickerer agreed with you for one of his routine arguments.

I really think you ought to think carefully about posting nonsense like that where people may be very upset about what you have written.

A lot of those studies are funded by Monsanto or similar, and lack credibility.

Re your remarks on cancer and getting older, they are very unfortunate and quite honestly will be very upsetting to parents who have lost children to cancer. Childhood cancer did not exist 300 years ago.

Then there are the massive numbers, and massive increase in adults in their 40s50s,60s sometimes younger who also get cancer - I am totally amazed that you didn't think this out, not surprised the idiot bickerer agreed with you for one of his routine arguments.

I really think you ought to think carefully about posting nonsense like that where people may be very upset about what you have written.

Which of those studies or information in thos elinks were funded by monsanto? Im open to being informed, but all you have done so far is say its nonsense with no evidence in all your posts to back it up.

Your comment trying to place guilt on me for saying the biggest risk factor for cancer is old age, is frankly embaressing and makes everyting else I read of yours to be taken with a pinch of salt. Even uk cancer charities say its the biggest risk factor, including cancer research uk.

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2010/10/14/claims-that-cancer-is-only-a-%E2%80%98modern-man-made-disease%E2%80%99-are-false-and-misleading/

I havent posted anythign disrespectful, and to try to throw that one at me is pathetic. Everything i have posted has been linked to scientific research. Somethign which you have yet to do.

Which of those studies or information in thos elinks were funded by monsanto? Im open to being informed, but all you have done so far is say its nonsense with no evidence in all your posts to back it up.

Your comment trying to place guilt on me for saying the biggest risk factor for cancer is old age, is frankly embaressing and makes everyting else I read of yours to be taken with a pinch of salt. Even uk cancer charities say its the biggest risk factor, including cancer research uk.

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2010/10/14/claims-that-cancer-is-only-a-%E2%80%98modern-man-made-disease%E2%80%99-are-false-and-misleading/

I havent posted anythign disrespectful, and to try to throw that one at me is pathetic. Everything i have posted has been linked to scientific research. Somethign which you have yet to do.

So you are denying children and young adults and huge numbers of middle aged people get cancer ?

Cancer research is an industry not a charity, one that uses animals for useless research and will not even consider any complementary alternative therapies. Millions of animals die each year in their experiments that are useless, and people are fleeced into funding them when they do no good whatsoever.

Even their website admits there is a massive increase in cancers for younger people but wrongly attributes the reasons and smugly talks of 'longer survival rates'- they do very little on prevention.

If you don't think you were disrespectful, then you are probably lucky that you don't know anyone whose children have had cancer, or any young adults affected.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/8064554/Cancer-caused-by-modern-man-as-it-was-virtually-non-existent-in-ancient-world.html

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/discover/news/scientists-suggest-that-cancer-is-man-made

https://slayingevil.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/the-cancer-conspiracy-lies-cover-ups-and-suppressed-cures-revealed-short-facts/

I don't suppose you will read these, as they don't fit your argument, but they are just as valid and scientific as your funded sites.

In the U.S.A. one in evry two males who are living today will get cancer and so will every one in three females.

That's because people generally live longer, statistics are kept and a host of other factors like the old boys with Northern European DNA spending much time in one of the skin cancer capitals of the world, Florida. As you age into your 70's/80's and beyond the chemistry in your body goes awry and fails, the mechanisms controlling cell division and growth fail, resulting in cancer amongst other awful things.

Monsanto and other uncaring companies in America are only interested in profit and not the nations good health.

Only Monsanto and American Companies, all private companies are interested in profit especially research based organizations who depend on their profit to fund the next generation of products. European companies are now coming on stream with GMO products, Bayer a gernman Co and Syngenta (formed from a Swiss and Britiish Co) amongst others so you will, start to see the tide turn in Europe.

It is interesting to know that Russia does care about the health of it's people. A few weeks ago Russia BANNED ALL GMO FOOD.

Putin would rather let his people starve, the Russian science base in this type of technology is light years away through lack of investment and direction, not invented here syndrome.

Rats that were fed on corn (of which 90% of is GM) were subject to massive tumours. Animals and fowl are fed on corn.

If you can provide a link to the original controlled experiments and where and by whom they were done I could comment on them. If thyere was such a clear cut association between GMO food and cancer (or any disease) in humans the plug would have been pulled long ago.

Cancer is on the increase in most none third world countries. This is most likely to be from GMO food and all of the poisons that are contained in processed food, perfumes, and other household commodities. Also because of the eating habits like burgers, bacon, pies etc. and cigs. alcohol and air polution.

There's many factors for cancer being on the increase that are totally unrelated to GMO foods, the chances of you developing cancer or any illness (heaven forbid) are down to your genes, the environment you live in and your age.

In Holland next year, Monsanto will be on trial for crimes against nature and humanity.

Each side will be able to present the facts, let's wait for the outcome.

So you are denying children and young adults and huge numbers of middle aged people get cancer ?

Cancer research is an industry not a charity, one that uses animals for useless research and will not even consider any complementary alternative therapies. Millions of animals die each year in their experiments that are useless, and people are fleeced into funding them when they do no good whatsoever.

Even their website admits there is a massive increase in cancers for younger people but wrongly attributes the reasons and smugly talks of 'longer survival rates'- they do very little on prevention.

If you don't think you were disrespectful, then you are probably lucky that you don't know anyone whose children have had cancer, or any young adults affected.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/8064554/Cancer-caused-by-modern-man-as-it-was-virtually-non-existent-in-ancient-world.html

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/discover/news/scientists-suggest-that-cancer-is-man-made

https://slayingevil.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/the-cancer-conspiracy-lies-cover-ups-and-suppressed-cures-revealed-short-facts/

I don't suppose you will read these, as they don't fit your argument, but they are just as valid and scientific as your funded sites.

I read them. Surprised you didnt put the daily mail link as well, as they love a good cancer scare. Newspapers are notoriously poor at checking any scientific or medical claims. But what you linked was an extremely poor study.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn19591-briefing-cancer-is-not-a-disease-of-the-modern-world/

And if you are going to throw accusations out like that, please tell me what is so disrespectful in saying that age is the biggest risk factor for cancer?

That's because people generally live longer,

Careful, according to bea smith, apparently you are being disrespectful to families who have had children with cancer. Personally id argue that using there tragedy as a stepping stone in such arguments is far more disrespectful.

Scroll down the article to see pictures of rats that are fed GMO corn.

Also from drinking water that is contaminated with roundup

http://www.naturalnews.com/037249_GMO_study_cancer_tumors_organ_damage.html

Quote from an Edinburgh Prof in the Daily Mail in the above link, "The number of rats used was too small to draw any meaningful conclusions and it looks like random variation to me in a rodent line likely to develop tumours anyway", this information was naturally at the bottom of the article. It is exactly why you need to see the original data, experiment, protocol and operatives before you draw any conclusions.

Cancer is a modern, man-made disease caused by environmental factors such as pollution and diet, a study review by University of Manchester scientists has strongly suggested.

GM food has not been proven to be safe or beneficial. We humans are the guinea pigs. When/if proven to be detrimental to health it will be too late as millions of innocent people will have suffered.

Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) can spread through nature and interbreed with natural organisms, thereby contaminating non 'GE' environments and future generations in an unforeseeable and uncontrollable way.

Their release is 'genetic pollution' and is a major threat because GMOs cannot be recalled once released into the environment.

The GMO crops resist the destruction that is caused by bugs, which seems to be a good thing, but eventually the bugs will adapt and become immune to the poison that is part of the crop. Then Monsanto will make and sell a stronger deterrant to spray on to them which will be digested by the food eater and it will contaminate the ground even more.

Quote from an Edinburgh Prof in the Daily Mail in the above link, "The number of rats used was too small to draw any meaningful conclusions and it looks like random variation to me in a rodent line likely to develop tumours anyway", this information was naturally at the bottom of the article. It is exactly why you need to see the original data, experiment, protocol and operatives before you draw any conclusions.

It is apparent that you and a few more will continue to argue that GMO food is beneficial to the human race. But the arguements for will never convince myself and hundreds of thousands of others to eat the food that is produced by the most evil corporate company in the world.

Hope that you enjoy your poison. I'll stick to the natural food that God put into the world.

Careful, according to bea smith, apparently you are being disrespectful to families who have had children with cancer. Personally id argue that using there tragedy as a stepping stone in such arguments is far more disrespectful.

You're turning into Donald Trump.

But to go back to facts, why does Japan, where people live to old age have much lower cancer rates than the US and some other 'modernised' countries.

And why does Denmark have a 33per cent cancer rate compared to Niger's 7 per cent - it is not just age related with such a massive disparity.

But you carry on burying your head in the sand, with your profiteering Big Pharma pals and 'democratic' US with its Monsanto criminals and the rest.

Cancer is a modern, man-made disease caused by environmental factors such as pollution and diet, a study review by University of Manchester scientists has strongly suggested.

GM food has not been proven to be safe or beneficial. We humans are the guinea pigs. When/if proven to be detrimental to health it will be too late as millions of innocent people will have suffered.

Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) can spread through nature and interbreed with natural organisms, thereby contaminating non 'GE' environments and future generations in an unforeseeable and uncontrollable way.

Their release is 'genetic pollution' and is a major threat because GMOs cannot be recalled once released into the environment.

The GMO crops resist the destruction that is caused by bugs, which seems to be a good thing, but eventually the bugs will adapt and become immune to the poison that is part of the crop. Then Monsanto will make and sell a stronger deterrant to spray on to them which will be digested by the food eater and it will contaminate the ground even more.

The only study you are interested in is one highly criticised study. THe vast body of scientific research suggests that it isnt harmful. Ive already provided the links for you, as well as the criticisms of the study you just posted.

But to go back to facts, why does Japan, where people live to old age have much lower cancer rates than the US and some other 'modernised' countries.

And why does Denmark have a 33per cent cancer rate compared to Niger's 7 per cent - it is not just age related with such a massive disparity.

But you carry on burying your head in the sand, with your profiteering Big Pharma pals and 'democratic' US with its Monsanto criminals and the rest.

After some of the links youve provided, you want to talk about facts. I never said it was just age related, I said it was the largest risk factor. You want facts, stop trying to twist them.

Now for the facts:

Nigers life expectancy = 58 yrs

Denmarks life expectancy = over 80 years

Age most likely to get cancer: More than three quarters of people who get cancer are aged over 65 years old.

Join the dots.

Bea, with a bee (sic) up her **** about the USA , as usual.

Archived