onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

US Presidential race

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

Cancer is not a modern, man made disease, its been around since ancient times, it was first called cancer by the Greek physician Hippocrates (460-370 BC). The University of Manchester is a prestigious University but I don't know the context in which the statement was made but cancer, as is all disease, is dependent on a person's DNA, environment and age, the older you get the greater the chance of developing cancer as with most diseases. The rates of cancer have increased but that's the price we pay for the lives we live and the developed, stressful environment we live in.

With any new technology the risk can never be zero but the field tests etc and the fact that GMO foods have been eaten for the last 20 years with no ill effects suggest that the technology will be extremely beneficial to feeding the world, particularly people less fortunate than us.

There are many different ways this technology is being used which has nothing to do with bugs, the O stands for organism meaning individual animal, plant or a single cell including a plant cell. Most if not all of the genetic engineering in GMO foods takes place in plant cells to make them less susceptible to bugs or herbicides.

Heridary cancer is reckoned to be a less than a 10% chance. DNA can be altered by eating a sensible diet. This information I have remembered from some of the many doctors and nutritionist's (more than 100) that I watch, read and listen to.

The older a person gets the more chance there is of being cursed with cancer, I agree. The older that a person becomes, the more chemicals and additives he/she eats depending upon ones diet. Chances are more also because more polluted air has been breathed and fluorided and chlorine water consumed. Also the human body deteriorates with age. Organs don't function in older people as they did when younger and the immune system perhaps becomes more suppressed. When the immune system is suppressed and/or somewhat depleted the communication cells to the white cells are not up to standard, very much like telephone connections sometimes give a sub standard service. This is when dormant cancer cells don't receive the signals to behave. (We all have these dormant cancer cells moving around our body).

In 1900 cancer victim's was estimated as being 1 in 1,000. - 1970 it was 1 in 10. - In 2007 1 in 4. - The latest estimate in 2014. reckoned to be 1 in every 2 males and 1 in every 3 females. This rapid deterioration can not be just because people are living longer, there must be some other reasons.

I have already agreed to your last paragraph, but went on to say that the bugs will eventally become immune to the herbicides. It is then that Monsanto will advise that a stronger herbicide or other poison be sprayed on to the crops which will also polute the soil even more.

My view is based on an understanding of the science and rational around the subject not on internet links describing poorly run experiments and sensationalism by irresponsible journalists who think genes are an article of clothing.

The sensationalists really have done a good job if you consider Monsanto is the most evil company in the world.

I don't eat poison, I eat excellent food bought at a reasonable price but consider myself fortunate 'cause I have a choice, as do you.

If you have been educated on the science and rational around the subject, which you did not gain from the internet, where did you gain it? What is your source? University?

The what you term as 'Sensationalists' have not done anywhere near enough. Too many people still bury their heads in the sand.

I am pleased that you are eating excellent food. This can only be the food that God put into the world. Plenty of fresh veg. especially leafy green ones, (home grown would be best) fruit, nuts and seeds along with perhaps some animal fats would be excellent.

In 1900 cancer victim's was estimated as being 1 in 1,000. - 1970 it was 1 in 10. - In 2007 1 in 4. - The latest estimate in 2014. reckoned to be 1 in every 2 males and 1 in every 3 females. This rapid deterioration can not be just because people are living longer, there must be some other reasons.

Of course it can (but nobody is denying such things as smoking and bad diet are risk factors too). The life expectancy in 1900 was just over 40. What methods of detecting cancer did they have in 1900? You have fed yourself a diet of so much quackery and ignored the science its scary. According to your fave, Dr Mercola, Experts now advise against mammograms, and any sort of modern cancer treatments, but you can by his vitamin D supplement for $65 every 6 months which will apparently do the job. You are peddling ignorance, such people are dangerous.

What were your sources for the data by the way.

Also, its interesting that in the counties which have all the risks you suggest, the life expectancy is growing, and way above the places that dont.

I am pleased that you are eating excellent food. This can only be the food that God put into the world. Plenty of fresh veg. especially leafy green ones, (home grown would be best) fruit, nuts and seeds along with perhaps some animal fats would be excellent.

If its all about eating 'the food that god put into the world', then why the hell did he invent cancer in the first place? Truth is, even if there was some kind of god, everything we eat would have originally been put here by him?

Of course it can (but nobody is denying such things as smoking and bad diet are risk factors too). The life expectancy in 1900 was just over 40. What methods of detecting cancer did they have in 1900? You have fed yourself a diet of so much quackery and ignored the science its scary. According to your fave, Dr Mercola, Experts now advise against mammograms, and any sort of modern cancer treatments, but you can by his vitamin D supplement for $65 every 6 months which will apparently do the job. You are peddling ignorance, such people are dangerous.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Mercola (who has more knowledge in his little finger nail than what you yourself have), shares the same views and analyisis as other doctors, oncologists and researchers.Your unfounded criticism has become monotonous.

I do not and will not be purchasing Vit. D from Dr. Mercola and would not even it were free.

There is plenty of vitamin D to had in Eggs, fish, cheese and other other foods and when available - sunshine.

Quote Andyregs : Also, its interesting that in the counties which have all the risks you suggest, the life expectancy is growing, and way above the places that dont. unquote.

Sorry, I do not understand your comment about counties.

If its all about eating 'the food that god put into the world', then why the hell did he invent cancer in the first place? Truth is, even if there was some kind of god, everything we eat would have originally been put here by him?

God did not invent cancer, it was brought on by man, because man pollutes the air that we breath, the water that we drink and adulterates the food that we eat. Just like obesity and diabetes is caused by the extravigantly consumed amounts of sugar and over eating,(mainly the wrong food).

How can you blame God when you don't even think that He exists? You simpy can not blame something or some one that you believe doesn't even exist.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Mercola (who has more knowledge in his little finger nail than what you yourself have), shares the same views and analyisis as other doctors, oncologists and researchers.Your unfounded criticism has become monotonous.

I do not and will not be purchasing Vit. D from Dr. Mercola and would not even it were free.

There is plenty of vitamin D to had in Eggs, fish, cheese and other other foods and when available - sunshine.

Quote Andyregs : Also, its interesting that in the counties which have all the risks you suggest, the life expectancy is growing, and way above the places that dont. unquote.

You have lost the plot. So its pointless arguing.

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html

I meant countries obviously.

God did not invent cancer, it was brought on by man, because man pollutes the air that we breath, the water that we drink and adulterates the food that we eat. Just like obesity and diabetes is caused by the extravigantly consumed amounts of sugar and over eating,(mainly the wrong food).

How can you blame God when you don't even think that He exists? You simpy can not blame something or some one that you believe doesn't even exist.

IF god exsited, why would there be cancer? IF he doesnt, then the food has nothing to do with him.

So now cancer is 100% man made. Wow! And even so, why should it happen. Why should our bodies be susceptible. Actually, dont bother, I can imagine what you are going to come out with next. Follow your insane quack docs all you want whilst ignoring the whole body of scientific knowledge in the world. Its the snake oil salesmen who profit out of such dangerous advice that anger me. And you have the audacity to point the finger at other companies about their unethical practices.

You have lost the plot. So its pointless arguing.

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html

I meant countries obviously.

You have not lost the plot, you never knew anything to begin with in order to lose.

So on I really do agree with your last statement : 'So it's pointless on arguing'. (Although I prefere to call it debating,which it shoulds be.

Although some of the banter has been enjoyable I shall not be wasting my timeby replying to your next postings which I feel are becoming aggressive. Yes it's pointless in trying to have constructive debate with you.

Thank you for introducing us to Dr Mercola's site Tony, I've had a look and found it most interesting with some ideas well worth investigating.

Heridary cancer is reckoned to be a less than a 10% chance. DNA can be altered by eating a sensible diet. This information I have remembered from some of the many doctors and nutritionist's (more than 100) that I watch, read and listen to.

I can't comment on "Heridary cancer is reckoned to be a less than a 10% chance" but on the subject of altering DNA with diet, food will not alter the chemical structure of a gene what food, the environment and lifestyle will do though is alter when a gene is switched on or off and for how long and hence the amount of protein that is produced, proteins (as well as other things) are the function molecules, this whole area is a field in its own right called epigenetics (around the genes).

The older a person gets the more chance there is of being cursed with cancer, I agree. The older that a person becomes, the more chemicals and additives he/she eats depending upon ones diet. Chances are more also because more polluted air has been breathed and fluorided and chlorine water consumed. Also the human body deteriorates with age. Organs don't function in older people as they did when younger and the immune system perhaps becomes more suppressed. When the immune system is suppressed and/or somewhat depleted the communication cells to the white cells are not up to standard, very much like telephone connections sometimes give a sub standard service. This is when dormant cancer cells don't receive the signals to behave. (We all have these dormant cancer cells moving around our body).

The growth and division of Human cells in the body is highly regulated (human cells are know as Eukaryotes), most of the DNA is located in the nucleus of the cell, when the control mechanisms go wrong the human cells grow and divide out of control and cancer forms, for some reason (not known by me) the immune system fails to detect these errant cells and cancer results. There are massive research programs ongoing aiming to initiate the immune system to recognize and eliminate these errant cancer cells.

HIn 1900 cancer victim's was estimated as being 1 in 1,000. - 1970 it was 1 in 10. - In 2007 1 in 4. - The latest estimate in 2014. reckoned to be 1 in every 2 males and 1 in every 3 females. This rapid deterioration can not be just because people are living longer, there must be some other reasons.

I have already agreed to your last paragraph, but went on to say that the bugs will eventally become immune to the herbicides. It is then that Monsanto will advise that a stronger herbicide or other poison be sprayed on to the crops which will also polute the soil even more.

Generally people are wary and "scared" of chemicals and science and companies like Monsanto get a bad rap whether deserved or not. The same technology used in GMO foods is also used to make many products including human Insulin that saves countless lives in people who have Type 1 Diabetes and there are many more successes like this although with GMO foods, there is the ecological angle which you raise which is an unknown.

I'm not trying to defend Monsanto but as someone who has worked where the FDA has jurisdiction I can say the processes, regulation and evaluation by the FDA and other agencies during new drug/crop protection/GMO food development and post marketing in the USA and The World are extremely thorough, the penalties for not complying or doing something outside what the data and studies allow usually results in the product being taken off the market and the image, reputation of the company tarnished forever and the FDA doesn't forget

Thank you for introducing us to Dr Mercola's site Tony, I've had a look and found it most interesting with some ideas well worth investigating.

You're welcom Bea. I also get health tips daily from https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?fs=1&source=ig&tf=1&shva=1#inbox/1519d0bc0f66ad39

Also https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?fs=1&source=ig&tf=1&shva=1#inbox/15116d5783527e89

Not all are interesting to myself, but over the last couple of years or so I have learned much from which my aging body has gained benefit.

Archived