onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

US Presidential race

JOHNNYAITCH

I can't comment on "Heridary cancer is reckoned to be a less than a 10% chance" but on the subject of altering DNA with diet, food will not alter the chemical structure of a gene what food, the environment and lifestyle will do though is alter when a gene is switched on or off and for how long and hence the amount of protein that is produced, proteins (as well as other things) are the function molecules, this whole area is a field in its own right called epigenetics (around the genes).

The growth and division of Human cells in the body is highly regulated (human cells are know as Eukaryotes), most of the DNA is located in the nucleus of the cell, when the control mechanisms go wrong the human cells grow and divide out of control and cancer forms, for some reason (not known by me) the immune system fails to detect these errant cells and cancer results. There are massive research programs ongoing aiming to initiate the immune system to recognize and eliminate these errant cancer cells.

Generally people are wary and "scared" of chemicals and science and companies like Monsanto get a bad rap whether deserved or not. The same technology used in GMO foods is also used to make many products including human Insulin that saves countless lives in people who have Type 1 Diabetes and there are many more successes like this although with GMO foods, there is the ecological angle which you raise which is an unknown.

I'm not trying to defend Monsanto but as someone who has worked where the FDA has jurisdiction I can say the processes, regulation and evaluation by the FDA and other agencies duames of words ring new drug/crop protection/GMO food development and post marketing in the USA and The World are extremely thorough, the penalties for not complying or doing something outside what the data and studies allow usually results in the product being taken off the market and the image, reputation of the company tarnished forever and the FDA doesn't forget

I am not conversant with some of the words or information that is contained in your message, but do agree with most of what I understand.

I consider this to be one of the best postings on this nutrition/Monsanto subject. Thank you.

Advert

If you have been educated on the science and rational around the subject, which you did not gain from the internet, where did you gain it? What is your source? University?

The what you term as 'Sensationalists' have not done anywhere near enough. Too many people still bury their heads in the sand.

I am pleased that you are eating excellent food. This can only be the food that God put into the world. Plenty of fresh veg. especially leafy green ones, (home grown would be best) fruit, nuts and seeds along with perhaps some animal fats would be excellent.

I trained in a branch of science and worked in drug discovery in large Pharma companies. The stuff I've posted on here most likely can be found in the average 'A' Level Biology text book these days.

I try and eat excellent food in reasonable amounts or should I say the wife knows what's best for me but I love fish, chips and sloppy peas and lamb fat.

Back on topic....Go Hiliary.

I trained in a branch of science and worked in drug discovery in large Pharma companies. The stuff I've posted on here most likely can be found in the average 'A' Level Biology text book these days.

I try and eat excellent food in reasonable amounts or should I say the wife knows what's best for me but I love fish, chips and sloppy peas and lamb fat.

Back on topic....Go Hiliary.

We all love the foods that are made to satisfy our tastes by the crafty food manufacturers who pile in the sweet and sugary items, also the savoury tempting bits.

I like chips and crisp, choc. cakes etc, but try not to be tempted. Drat! Today my son and daughter visited and my wife brought out the goodies that I sampled. Need my wrist slapping. Lol.

I wish Donald Trump a happy Christmas and New Year. If he is to have a chance of avoiding a monumental wasting of his time and money I recommend he shows more loving kindness in his comments and more proportionality in his actions. In particular he might notice that the gun laws he supports have resulted in the deaths of 500,000plus US citizens this century and US Muslims were responsible for relatively few of those. Otherwise, just like watching the unmarked striker in the 6 yard box tap in, bad karma is coming for him in the form of Hilary Clinton, a proven political goal scorer.

One thread and five people seem to be experts on Scientific matters in GM foods...you gents are wasted...quite clearly

all that crap should have been on a separate thread, nowt to do with the yanks presidential race. large tin hat at the ready, beats a sick bag any day:laugh:

One thread and five people seem to be experts on Scientific matters in GM foods...you gents are wasted...quite clearly

Just like all the football experts telling Page what to do are also clearly wasted. They should seek football managership? Lol Lol Lol.:razz:

Not sure who the 5 are, for my part I urged and still urge people to investigate as much as possible and make up their own mind, and CHOICE is key. Tony seems to say the same, and even if others disagree they at least have a view.

all that crap should have been on a separate thread, nowt to do with the yanks presidential race. large tin hat at the ready, beats a sick bag any day:laugh:

All your crap should be on a separate planet, you grumpy old carmudgen. :) Just kidding - but don't let Vale getting a good result at Coventry spoil your Christmas, and have a peaceful and contented 2016, moan on in good health.

I wish Donald Trump a happy Christmas and New Year. If he is to have a chance of avoiding a monumental wasting of his time and money I recommend he shows more loving kindness in his comments and more proportionality in his actions. In particular he might notice that the gun laws he supports have resulted in the deaths of 500,000plus US citizens this century and US Muslims were responsible for relatively few of those. Otherwise, just like watching the unmarked striker in the 6 yard box tap in, bad karma is coming for him in the form of Hilary Clinton, a proven political goal scorer.

Donald Trump probably doesn't celebrate Christmas because he thinks Jesus is not American enough, looks a bit like one of them thar Muzzies, with that olive skin and beard thang.

Archived