onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

US Presidential race

JOHNNYAITCH

It's all kicking off over there with Hilary Clinton and now Jeb Bush all going very public. I've absolutely no idea who will win but there does seem to be a real demand for change in the US.

Let's hope that candidates are judged on their merits and not on any associations with previous presidents

I'm assuming that the process hasn't changed much..http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15824409

Advert

And abortion.

And climate change.

And state healthcare provision.

And the teaching of evolution in schools.

Many of these issues are in the hands of the States, not Washington, or the President (including gun laws).

Abortion requires a whole thread to itself to debate. I cannot understand anyone who supports Federal healthcare provision and yet is willing at the same time to fund the killing of the babies in the womb. But as I say, let's not turn the whole thread into a discussion on that.

As regards gun control, which again is subject to state and local laws and odnances, the basic concept is written in the Constitution. The President can't change the Constitution (although President Obama would if he could).

Many of these issues are in the hands of the States, not Washington, or the President (including gun laws).

Abortion requires a whole thread to itself to debate. I cannot understand anyone who supports Federal healthcare provision and yet is willing at the same time to fund the killing of the babies in the womb. But as I say, let's not turn the whole thread into a discussion on that.

As regards gun control, which again is subject to state and local laws and odnances, the basic concept is written in the Constitution. The President can't change the Constitution (although President Obama would if he could).

No one is talking about changing the 2nd Amendment but making sensible changes to gun laws such as a ban on assault weapons and closing the gun show loophole etc which the Democrats tried to do but was blocked by the Republicans, under pressure from the NRA.

I find the constitution an odd thing. It binds all future generation to ideals in the past. No laws can be made that contradict it. In many ways it's like a religious text. Surely in 1000 years, the future government of the usa should be able to change it to fit in with the climate of the time.

It's all kicking off over there with Hilary Clinton and now Jeb Bush all going very public. I've absolutely no idea who will win but there does seem to be a real demand for change in the US.

Let's hope that candidates are judged on their merits and not on any associations with previous presidents

I'm assuming that the process hasn't changed much..http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15824409

it doesn't matter red or blue who gets in they all take there orders from the men behind the curtain (the evil banksters an corporate elite of wall street)

Archived