onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman Smurthwaite on BBC Radio Stoke, Monday 18th May

robf

Advert

My goodness, the several snide remarks aimed at Smurf are, in my opinion, uncalled for.

Smurf has set out his stall for season 2015-16 and player contracts have been sent out. Now we wait to see who will accept and what other additions will be added to the Squad.

I agree, it's up to the manager now,any snide remarks should be directed at him not norman,he's done more for the club in two years that the other lot did in ten.

Dear Norman, thanks for everything you've done for the club so far can you answer the following:-

1. What is the lowest finishing position in League 1 for Port Vale in 2015-16 which you would personally regard as a success?

2. In the next 2 years, what do you see as the most important for PVFC (not all of them), a successful football team? Obtaining/maintaining financial balance? Increased supporters? A united fan-base? A completed Vale Park?

3.Looking back at your appointment in this position, would you say someone else would have done better than you had you not been appointed. And in which area do you think the other would have by passed you?

4. Are you surprised by how profitable the Ricoh arena is given so little football has been played there in the last year?

5. For 2015-16, do you prefer a smaller squad with more quality or a larger squad to cover injuries? Are our current contract offers in line with your preference?

6. Finally, given the success of clubs such as Swansea and Bournemouth of having a desired football style, aims and objectives for the entire club. Is this an approach that you'll look to follow?

Many thanks

Tris

Weren't we linked with Jed Wallace a couple of years back around fax-gate time?

Yeah, I'm sure he was the other loan signing (along with Lee Hughes) that we failed to complete on deadline day because of the utter fax-up.

He was rumoured to be being watched by Premier League clubs not long after that (including Stoke when Pulis was in charge).

Didn't he make the League 2 PFA team of the season, just gone?

Can't see any truth in rumours of us signing him.

Norman do you realise that any money that you are likely to save on the budget if you allow Tom Pope to leave will be swallowed up and more by lack of Season Ticket sales. Though you obviously don't realise it yet Tom is a vital part of Port Vale.

Honestly, stop the broken record- you sound like a teenage girl ruing the departure of a member of One Direction. He has not been good enough for eighteen months- and that's the truth.

It won't affect season ticket sales in the slightest, apart from yours when you start supporting the team the object of your affections signs for

Hi Norman :). I would like to know if this rumour which I have seen on twitter is true or not :). Portsmouth star Jed Wallace to join Port Vale in the summer after having successful talks with Norman Smurthwaite.

Haha I was waiting for that. Quiet a few Championship sides have been linked including Brighton. Look where the rumor started. Some idiot called Pub Sources. Check his previous tweets. Very much a **** take, like League 2 clubs paying £100k a week wages. It all stems from Smurf just retweeting a Jed Wallace tweet about Gerard. Pub sources suddenly created the Smurf had met Jed crap. And no Smurf isn't following Jed on Twitter, well not as last night anyway.

Yeah, I'm sure he was the other loan signing (along with Lee Hughes) that we failed to complete on deadline day because of the utter fax-up.

He was rumoured to be being watched by Premier League clubs not long after that (including Stoke when Pulis was in charge).

Didn't he make the League 2 PFA team of the season, just gone?

Can't see any truth in rumours of us signing him.

Sadly it looks like he's off to Brizzle City for around £250k.

Archived