onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

blakeman ...???

Ben played really well for us when Pope was out injured and many people on here stated that he'd changed their minds about him. Unfortunately, as much as I think we should want to keep him, I think he should leave as people are never going to get behind him, whatever he does. Here's a guy who has never complained, whatever you say about him always gives his all, has a thankless task pulling defences out of shape but gets slated to **** by nearly all the fans. The booing and cat calling when he was brought on against Rochdale was truly digusting and embarrassing.

If people think that we can get better for the money that Willo is on, I think they're living in dream land.

so we give contracts out based on whose a decent lad and we ignore the question of whether they are any good as players.

Classic Hobblesworth

If we cant get better than willo then we are going to be relegated sooner rather than later.

Advert

Yes he does. Without his admittedly modest goal tally we could have gone down. He made the disallowed Tom Pope goal and the one Tom scored yesterday for example.

He may not be first choice every game, but I a player we need as one of four of five strikers to give options and play when in form or when others are out of form, injured or suspended.

But a player who gave us a better goal tally would have seen us safe much earlier, get it?

Ben played really well for us when Pope was out injured and many people on here stated that he'd changed their minds about him. Unfortunately, as much as I think we should want to keep him, I think he should leave as people are never going to get behind him, whatever he does. Here's a guy who has never complained, whatever you say about him always gives his all, has a thankless task pulling defences out of shape but gets slated to **** by nearly all the fans. The booing and cat calling when he was brought on against Rochdale was truly digusting and embarrassing.

Would you complain about playing for a league 1 club when your clearly not good enough?

The booing is out of order.

If people think that we can get better for the money that Willo is on, I think they're living in dream land.

If we cant get better than willo then we are going to be relegated sooner rather than later.

Exactly, but there are far too many Vale fans that are ****-scared of change and are all too willing to accept medicority......a striker that hasn't scored in 18 games, shows no composure in front of goal, can't read or anticipate the game and gets outmuscled and backs out of challenges far too often - yeah, let's keep him!

I've asked before on here do people think that any League 1 teams will be after Williamson when his contract expires in a few weeks? (will they *****)

so we give contracts out based on whose a decent lad and we ignore the question of whether they are any good as players.

Classic Hobblesworth

Where have I said any player should be given a contract based on their personality? I think we need at least one more striker, possibly an additional 3 if Pope leaves. However, I don't think that we will get better than Willo for his wage. I don't think he should be a regular starter but neither do I think he deserves the **** he gets off the same old ****ers on here.

May be it's how he's coached told what to do in matches look at his coaches adams page grew this season page grew glover not a lot of change may be page with new back room staff or new manger and staff can see something different in willo's game and can bring the best out of him and dodds for the vale.

May be it's how he's coached told what to do in matches look at his coaches adams page grew this season page grew glover not a lot of change may be page with new back room staff or new manger and staff can see something different in willo's game and can bring the best out of him and dodds for the vale.

This is not an 18 year old lad, he's 26 and I would assume he is paid as a full time pro. He is not good enough. There is a miniscule chance that he will suddenly come good based on 160+ games he's played for us, and only looked good in a handfull of those. You have to play the odds when you build a squad, and for me, the much, much safer bet is to get rid and give an actual young player a chance. As they wont be able to do much worse.

Wish Foyle could have worked with him.

Where have I said any player should be given a contract based on their personality? I think we need at least one more striker, possibly an additional 3 if Pope leaves. However, I don't think that we will get better than Willo for his wage. I don't think he should be a regular starter but neither do I think he deserves the **** he gets off the same old ****ers on here.

What are his wages?

This is not an 18 year old lad, he's 26 and I would assume he is paid as a full time pro. He is not good enough. There is a miniscule chance that he will suddenly come good based on 160+ games he's played for us, and only looked good in a handfull of those. You have to play the odds when you build a squad, and for me, the much, much safer bet is to get rid and give an actual young player a chance. As they wont be able to do much worse.

Well if he does stay and come good next season is the one he needs to do it. He will be the same age Pope was when he had his great season.

Wish Foyle could have worked with him.

IMHO Williamson is a lge 1/2 striker for two reasons, compared to a top class striker he lacks a little composure in front of goal and he doesn't read the game/take a gamble on where and when the ball is going to be played. The former is hard to fix but the later could be improved by someone like Foyle who was a master at playing on the shoulder and picking the moment to make a run/reading the game as a forward so I agree, if Foyle or someone similar could coach Willo he would improve. Willo has the pace, battles for the ball and has a big heart.

And to the comment that we can't do better for the money - untrue. He is 26, has been here for a few years, he'll be one of our average earners I'm sure.

If he is one of our average earners, I would still debate whether we'd get better for his wage. The crux of the matter - and the same applies to Birchall, Daniel and Yates - is will we be able to get better for what they're on. People have slated him/ them so often, I think some are blind to what they do bring to the team. I don't think any of them are automatic first choices and would hope our first XI for 2015 - 2016 has 11 players better than them. However, I'd happily have any of them in the squad. If you look past the boo boys, they've all - particularly Birchall and Willo - have performed when called upon.

If he is one of our average earners, I would still debate whether we'd get better for his wage. The crux of the matter - and the same applies to Birchall, Daniel and Yates - is will we be able to get better for what they're on. People have slated him/ them so often, I think some are blind to what they do bring to the team. I don't think any of them are automatic first choices and would hope our first XI for 2015 - 2016 has 11 players better than them. However, I'd happily have any of them in the squad. If you look past the boo boys, they've all - particularly Birchall and Willo - have performed when called upon.

Why can't we get better for that wage? They aren't good enough, not even close so why is this even a debate? I'd give 2 new lads a chance over Williamson and birchall on a similar or lower wage any day. Other teams do it just look at Rochdale. As i keep saying I'm sure it's not difficult to replace a striker with Williamson record and attributes, same goes for birchall, hard working players are everywhere. If were somehow that skint then we could use the loan market and have a loan player on the bench over them two. They need going.

They certainly haven't performed when called upon. Birchall at home to Crewe was laughably bad and Williamson has been called upon what 160 times? Rarely looks good enough.

Imagine retaining Williamson as a squad player. Injuries to our forwards then guess who will be selected Williamson. Short memories, this is the very player who apart from a short spell this season when he did score appears to be incapable of finding the back of the net. Nightmare scenario.

Archived