onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

blakeman ...???

May be it's how he's coached told what to do in matches look at his coaches adams page grew this season page grew glover not a lot of change may be page with new back room staff or new manger and staff can see something different in willo's game and can bring the best out of him and dodds for the vale.

I dont think they tell him to panic, loose control of the ball and/or scuff/slice his shots.

Advert

Where have I said any player should be given a contract based on their personality? I think we need at least one more striker, possibly an additional 3 if Pope leaves. However, I don't think that we will get better than Willo for his wage. I don't think he should be a regular starter but neither do I think he deserves the **** he gets off the same old ****ers on here.

You were talking up his work rate and attitude that type of thing, its moot if he cant finish it off.

We cant afford to keep mediocre players and add two or three more in the same position.

The simple fact is he isnt good enough to take us forwards so unless we want to continue the backwards trend of this season we have to get rid of players like williamson

If he is one of our average earners, I would still debate whether we'd get better for his wage. The crux of the matter - and the same applies to Birchall, Daniel and Yates - is will we be able to get better for what they're on. People have slated him/ them so often, I think some are blind to what they do bring to the team. I don't think any of them are automatic first choices and would hope our first XI for 2015 - 2016 has 11 players better than them. However, I'd happily have any of them in the squad. If you look past the boo boys, they've all - particularly Birchall and Willo - have performed when called upon.

I really really dont get how you can say willo performed well when called on, he played 42 games and scored 9 goals. he hasnt scored at all for something like 18 games.

That is not performing well and those sort of figures can be replaced easily, not that we would want to becasue we need better.

If Vale had a coach decent enough to give Williamson a proper game plan then he might be useful. ie. Play a little deeper - run AT the defence not on the last man - learn some simple ball control etc.... we don't have a decent coach for this so get rid.

Williamson hasn't scored in 18 games - that tells me he's not a dominant striker in a pairing as that is when Popey came back.

When he was the loan striker he got his goals - probably about 7 of his nine league goals. However I feel that a more instinctive predator in the box would have got double that.

I like Willo as an impact player. With his raw pace he can hurt teams coming off the bench. But for me that's all he is. If we are to keep him then I hope it is as an option on the bench but nothing more.

Has a big heart?! What am I reading?

And to the comment that we can't do better for the money - untrue. He is 26, has been here for a few years, he'll be one of our average earners I'm sure.

The guy tries, tries and tries again even in the face of booing and criticism from some Vale fans.

Regal Beagle you answered your own question I said new back room staff might see something different in willo's game and bring it out of him your answer was he's 26 and been at the club 3/4 years that made him 22/23 yrs old when he joined the club and has had the same coaches i'e adams page grew /page grew glover in that time all defenders not forwards so how could they learn him any different

Regal Beagle you answered your own question I said new back room staff might see something different in willo's game and bring it out of him your answer was he's 26 and been at the club 3/4 years that made him 22/23 yrs old when he joined the club and has had the same coaches i'e adams page grew /page grew glover in that time all defenders not forwards so how could they learn him any different

So what your saying then is it's not too late for me to turn professional, I just need to find the right coach?

3/4 years with zero improvement. It's time to try someone else. I honestly can't believe how happy you are to keep one of the worst ability players we have.

Griff was a 'trier' but would anyone want him back?

They probably would - some didn't want him to leave! (as I said a couple of pages back far too many Vale fans are scared of letting mediocre/poor players leave and would be happy to pack the squad so full of such low quality they'd end up making up half of the first XI)

When he was the loan striker he got his goals - probably about 7 of his nine league goals.

He's only scored six league goals. He hasn't scored a single goal when he's played alone. :laugh:

Dodds played in a more advanced role than usual when he scored against Sheff Utd, Gillingham and Peterborough. :yes:

Archived